• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not to detract from the high school situation, but did anyone else read this article? It says that since the stunt Kaepernick pulled his jersey is the number 1 selling jersey in the NFL... And he doesn't even play!
    There are a lot of idiots in the world.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know that there are, but it still kind of surprised me. Especially since he isn't on the field.

I think it has more to do with his protest, than his playing. I imagine a lot a people are buying them that don't even care for the sport. The NFL of course, is probably happy it didn't take a hard line on this.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not to detract from the high school situation, but did anyone else read this article? It says that since the stunt Kaepernick pulled his jersey is the number 1 selling jersey in the NFL... And he doesn't even play!

So rose buying spree

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And the school board.

And whatever government agencies are involved in this public school. We'll see if this gets different with tax dollars involved?

Tax dollars to force ideology on a person? Hmmm... authoritarian nationalism. There a name for that.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

How long before someone gets shot in one of them?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Speech codes and safe spaces? Yeah, it's all the rage on liberal campuses.

Yep, fascism is fascism, regardless of which side supports it. If I could ask for a lightening strike to hit and burn down a building, it would be that stupid dorm that's only for black students. If it was my kid and they wanted to stay there, I'd ask my wife who she cheated on me with, and tell whonever's kid it was, to call their real daddy to pay for their tuition. But then again, if "my" kid had to pay tuition, I'd already know it wasn't my kid. Lol

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Yep, fascism is fascism, regardless of which side supports it. If I could ask for a lightening strike to hit and burn down a building, it would be that stupid dorm that's only for black students. If it was my kid and they wanted to stay there, I'd ask my wife who she cheated on me with, and tell whonever's kid it was, to call their real daddy to pay for their tuition. But then again, if "my" kid had to pay tuition, I'd already know it wasn't my kid. Lol
    The difference being when a state school limits speech, that's unconstitutional. When a private employer does, you would be hard-pressed to call that facism. And I guess if you want to kneel for the anthem, or carry the Confederate battle flag, citizens should not physically accost you. Or burn your hat or tear your yard sign out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The difference being when a state school limits speech, that's unconstitutional. When a private employer does, you would be hard-pressed to call that facism. And I guess if you want to kneel for the anthem, or carry the Confederate battle flag, citizens should not physically accost you. Or burn your hat or tear your yard sign out.

...or send you death threats. And I thought it was understood private enterprise was excluded.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NFL ratings down 8% from 2015 - Are National Anthem Protests Costing NFL Viewership? « CBS Detroit

44% likely to turn off NFL if protests continue - Poll: 44% Likely to Turn Off NFL If National Anthem Protests Continue - Breitbart

People tune in to escape and be entertained. Screw that up and it's REALLY easy to turn it off and do something else.

They were talking about this on ESPN (that 44%). They believed the poll, but they said people may say that, but come Sunday, they'll be watching. In today's society where controversial news IS entertainment (rioting anyone? :popcorn:) they'll still watch. They may complain in whichever way they lean, but they will still watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom