• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Good point Kut.....(did I just say that)

Is Kut changing or are we mellowing out???? Yesterday, for just a minute, I thought Kut was Ronald Reagan and yesterday, for just a minute, I thought was a hippie...

It freaked me out so I went home and had two bourbons and put on The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie down and Cripple Creek from the Last Waltz...I felt better but not much...

:)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is Kut changing or are we mellowing out???? Yesterday, for just a minute, I thought Kut was Ronald Reagan and yesterday, for just a minute, I thought was a hippie...

It freaked me out so I went home and had two bourbons and put on The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie down and Cripple Creek from the Last Waltz...I felt better but not much...

Well, yesterday Kut won the Internet.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is Kut changing or are we mellowing out???? Yesterday, for just a minute, I thought Kut was Ronald Reagan and yesterday, for just a minute], I thought was a hippie...

Well....

He certainly is thought provoking.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :D

14485140_884100798387038_8683935842813123748_n.jpg

BAD DOG! You do that OUTSIDE!!!!!

Carey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Mentone
    I think they should let any player go if they are not willing to stand. Or put them on the front line for a month and see if they change their mind.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think they should let any player go if they are not willing to stand. Or put them on the front line for a month and see if they change their mind.

You are entitled to you opinion that wishes for someone to lose their employment because you disagree with their stance. Front line of what?

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    You are entitled to you opinion that wishes for someone to lose their employment because you disagree with their stance. Front line of what?

I'm going to guess the military front line.

With all due respect, and the short version because I'm typing on my phone. Let me explain from my point of view.

If you have a child that you have raised with all love and that child decides to join the armed forces to fight for this country. You (I) would be very proud of that child (now an adult). In the service that gets killed fighting for this country. When the casket gets home there will be a U.S. flag on that casket, a symbol of this country, of America. That flag is given to the parent, wife, husband, or their child.

Now instead of a child you have a flag. When you hear the National Athem you think about that flag, your child. To see someone disrespects that Athem, the flag, is a direct slap in the face.

Same would go if it was someones father, mother, brother, sister. Let me ask how would you feel if someone spit in the face of your grandmother?

You shouldn't disrespect.

If this man believes in his cause there are far better ways to show support for that cause. Donate time, money, energy directly to that cause. Start programs, help schools, etc.

I think this man, the fevers, etc are doing this for personal enbetterment, a look at me mentality. I call it showboating, like the buildings of the old west, fake fronts.

All this protesting, riots, showboating what good has it done, what are the goals? Are they being reached? Not that I see, just someone's 15 minutes of fame

Please note I speak for myself only.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm going to guess the military front line.

With all due respect, and the short version because I'm typing on my phone. Let me explain from my point of view.

If you have a child that you have raised with all love and that child decides to join the armed forces to fight for this country. You (I) would be very proud of that child (now an adult). In the service that gets killed fighting for this country. When the casket gets home there will be a U.S. flag on that casket, a symbol of this country, of America. That flag is given to the parent, wife, husband, or their child.

Now instead of a child you have a flag. When you hear the National Athem you think about that flag, your child. To see someone disrespects that Athem, the flag, is a direct slap in the face.

Same would go if it was someones father, mother, brother, sister. Let me ask how would you feel if someone spit in the face of your grandmother?

You shouldn't disrespect.

If this man believes in his cause there are far better ways to show support for that cause. Donate time, money, energy directly to that cause. Start programs, help schools, etc.

I think this man, the fevers, etc are doing this for personal enbetterment, a look at me mentality. I call it showboating, like the buildings of the old west, fake fronts.

All this protesting, riots, showboating what good has it done, what are the goals? Are they being reached? Not that I see, just someone's 15 minutes of fame

Please note I speak myself only.

First, I admire you for being that patient to write that much from your phone.

Second, it's a good point. The people using the flag as a protest against what they don't like about America should probably consider that many other people don't view the flag as a symbol of the same thing.

Third, it probably goes both ways. The flag is a symbol of different things to different people. Since you bring up the point, I guess I have a similar view the symbol. My brother wasn't killed in a war, but his chance at a normal life was taken because of it. And when my brother died, I have his flag. I don't have him anymore. I'm actually thankful you pointed that out because I haven't thought of it that way. But I have to consider this: If I view the flag as a symbol of what he sacrificed for, that's *my* meaning of it. If I project that meaning onto other people, I'll hold them to standards they won't live up to unless they see the flag as a symbol of the same thing.

If the flag becomes a symbol of oppression to some people for whatever reason, write or wrong, I can't hold them to my standard of what the symbol means. The best I can do is help change what the symbol of the flag represents to them.

I think people are manipulating useful idiots to believe the flag is a monster. In reality the monster is made of straw. The very event that catapulted BLM to the forefront is a false narrative--hands up don't shoot didn't happen--and that's where the real battle is. I no longer think the battle is with people like Colin Kaepernick--maybe he's selling Jerseys. It is with the people who are at the forefront of the ideology.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    First, I admire you for being that patient to write that much from your phone.

Second, it's a good point. The people using the flag as a protest against what they don't like about America should probably consider that many other people don't view the flag as a symbol of the same thing.

Third, it probably goes both ways. The flag is a symbol of different things to different people. Since you bring up the point, I guess I have a similar view the symbol. My brother wasn't killed in a war, but his chance at a normal life was taken because of it. And when my brother died, I have his flag. I don't have him anymore. I'm actually thankful you pointed that out because I haven't thought of it that way. But I have to consider this: If I view the flag as a symbol of what he sacrificed for, that's *my* meaning of it. If I project that meaning onto other people, I'll hold them to standards they won't live up to unless they see the flag as a symbol of the same thing.

If the flag becomes a symbol of oppression to some people for whatever reason, write or wrong, I can't hold them to my standard of what the symbol means. The best I can do is help change what the symbol of the flag represents to them.

I think people are manipulating useful idiots to believe the flag is a monster. In reality the monster is made of straw. The very event that catapulted BLM to the forefront is a false narrative--hands up don't shoot didn't happen--and that's where the real battle is. I no longer think the battle is with people like Colin Kaepernick--maybe he's selling Jerseys. It is with the people who are at the forefront of the ideology.

I did say my point view on this.

Let me ask, do you see any way he/they could have protested that would not have shown disrespect to anyone but would have benefited the purpose of his/ their cause?

Asking for respect by disrespecting is a no win situation.

One of the main problems with our country now is no respect. We should try to change that. Desecrating / disrespecting the flag (to me) is just as bad as desecrating a grave, and that will be next. Dig up /desecrate the "other side". The flag/monuments are only the beginning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom