• ...and so much more!
  • Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Seems a pretty big blatant loop hole.

Just be poor. I assume most officers are gun collectors. Create a gun trust and put all monies earned into the trust.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If I were still on the job I would have already chased, raised my voice to or placed handcuffs on the last suspect I ever would. If someone isn't willing to handcuff themselves they wouldn't be going to jail.
    They can let the social workers handle it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I wonder how many days it'll be before every cop in the state resigns.

Qualified immunity is pretty much a requirement to carry out policing in any capacity. It's one of the only reasons they can get away with things we can't in a citizen arrest.

we had law enforcement before courts fabricated qualified immunity, we’ll have it after it’s gone.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    we had law enforcement before courts fabricated qualified immunity, we’ll have it after it’s gone.
    Not with the same sue happy society we have now. If officers are not protecting themselves at this point, shame on them. Unless required by statute or General Order, no outright arrests, even of you witness it. If you do make an arrest and they so much as pull an arm away, let them go. ZERO pro-activity. Reduce your liability to get sued and/or arrested to as close to zero as possible. This is the police response the populace wants, who are we to say otherwise? There is not a single arrest out there worth what these politicians are doing to us. The thin blue line was NEVER about "us vs. them" but considering recent events, we might reconsider that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not with the same sue happy society we have now. If officers are not protecting themselves at this point, shame on them. Unless required by statute or General Order, no outright arrests, even of you witness it. If you do make an arrest and they so much as pull an arm away, let them go. ZERO pro-activity. Reduce your liability to get sued and/or arrested to as close to zero as possible. This is the police response the populace wants, who are we to say otherwise? There is not a single arrest out there worth what these politicians are doing to us. The thin blue line was NEVER about "us vs. them" but considering recent events, we might reconsider that.

This reminds me of the classic Robin Williams stand up about British Bobbies. "STOP!... Or I'll yell STOP again!"

And its probably not a big deal here in Indy. Regardless the punk's gonna be back on the street before you get off your shift.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

*A tiny far-leftist vocal minority.

The only major gripe I have with police is that the "us vs them" mentality is bleeding over to the point they are also targeting good citizens just trying to defend against the leftist hoards.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    *A tiny far-leftist vocal minority.

The only major gripe I have with police is that the "us vs them" mentality is bleeding over to the point they are also targeting good citizens just trying to defend against the leftist hoards.

Funny how this "tiny" minority has taken over the center of a major American city without pushback, is toppling statues or forcing removal all across the nation, loots and pillages at will without consequence, and has major corporations and elected officials mindlessly repeating their slogans and bowing to their demands. It's almost like it's not a tiny minority.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008

No. You won’t. Not the kind that’s going to do anything other than sit and wait around for an active shooter anyway. Pro active policing is going to be a thing of the past and the police will purely be crime responders. Cops are tired of getting **** on. This isn’t 1967 anymore, two vastly different time periods.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Funny how this "tiny" minority has taken over the center of a major American city without pushback, is toppling statues or forcing removal all across the nation, loots and pillages at will without consequence, and has major corporations and elected officials mindlessly repeating their slogans and bowing to their demands. It's almost like it's not a tiny minority.

Because it's all in democrat controlled areas, which nobody outside of sees any reason to do anything about.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here is an article from the CATO Institute talking about the twelve (12) qualified immunity cases SCOTUS has delayed, for now.

Link: https://www.cato.org/blog/may-15th-...hether-hear-cases-calling-abolition-qualified

Some of these cases are a bit iffy on things, but on the majority I do believe that it would not be improper at all for a jury to decide whether or not to hold the officer or his/her department responsible.

I personally would like to see it ended, or at least greatly reduced. Some of these cases I may(?) side with the LEO, but others seem to beg the question of how on earth they (LEO) got away with it. Especially Jessop v City of Fresno???:faint:

Regards,

Doug

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doesn’t the agency have a part in this per the new law? Do you not trust them to stand behind their officers?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is the most worrisome part about all this. People in powerful positions elieve the narrative being told, that America is chock full of racist institutions, including police departments, and that all this violence is a reaction to that. Lots of CEO’s are making corporate statements now that pretty much say as much. I hope they’re just saying it to protect their businesses. At least that would be the encouraging part. But I fear they’re serious. That they really believe all this is justified, and that the social changes coming are needed. Some of them are needed. I was glad to see Louisville ban no knock raids. I wish that would spread to state and local governments across the nation. But the tendency of the left towards the segregation of society and punishing dissenting voices as “racists” is, of course, not justified. It’s downright racist in fact.

Top Bottom