• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, that sounds like a good idea.

What is the LEGAL AGE to buy legal weed?

Will teens have to pay bums to pick them up a lid?

How are these states dealing with driving while impaired? Or do drivers have Qualified Immunity?

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Weed must be different than it was in the 70’s. Driving while stoned then always felt like I was doing 60mph when I was actually putting along about 5 or 10mph. Are all these extra crashes high speed with worse fatalities, or low speed mostly fender benders?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Weed must be different than it was in the 70’s. Driving while stoned then always felt like I was doing 60mph when I was actually putting along about 5 or 10mph. Are all these extra crashes high speed with worse fatalities, or low speed mostly fender benders?

My current knowledge is 3 to 6 months old, but I believe Colorado and Washington only test drivers in fatalities and/or serious personal injury, so likely not just fender benders. I believe there has to be that level of harm in order for them to test involuntarily

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    USE has been banned in certain Public places, but you can BUY it about anywhere...

and there are still users, but use is WAY down. .... a former smoker like yourself surely sees that??
    and if you look at the use in young folks Currently, it will hopefully be almost nonexistent in a few years.

https://www.lung.org/research/trends-in-lung-disease/tobacco-trends-brief/overall-tobacco-trends

But somehow it just doesn't seem that the people wanting to legalize drugs are hoping that doing so will decrease the use of those particular cutches, so it doesn't really seem like a meaningful comparison

Dan35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2013
    NE Indy
    If proactive policing means asset forfeiture, no-knock raids, pretextual stops, yeah, I want an end to that kind of proactive policing. ***damn straight I do. If proactive policing means police being involved in communities in a positive way, which is the case in a lot of communities, then yeah.

WELL SAID Sir!!! I thought the same thing.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Struggling to see what your correction was correcting?

Let’s keep it constrained to what I said. It’s not virtually eliminated. You just said you can still buy them anywhere. My objection wasn’t “It’s way down”: I agree with that. And it IS banned in many public places. I didn’t say the sales was banned. I just said they were banned in public places, implying that the use is banned.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Instead of ending Qualified Immunity for police, they should end it for judges and prosecutors. They should be held responsible for this :poop:, and serve the full sentences that this scum bag should have served. :xmad: The police did their job. The judges and prosecutors are directly responsible for the subsequent crimes that were committed, and should be sentenced for those as well.

"On Thursday, Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears charged Johnson with 22 counts including Attempted Murder, Attempted Rape, Criminal Confinement, Attempted Kidnapping and Attempted Sexual Battery.

Court records show this isn’t Johnson’s first arrest.

Last August, he was sentenced to a year in prison for criminal trespass, but he only served two days. Then in November, he was convicted of battery and was sentenced to six months, but only served three days, plus probation.

Just this year in February, Johnson was arrested again for criminal trespassing and the case is still pending. Records show he was held for seven days after that arrest before he was released again.

Four months later, Johnson is now charged with attacking four different women."

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/c...omen/531-d2e0ee85-5e5c-440d-86b6-c1f68def6b55

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I don't know about in the US, but when I was in the UK, one joint was enough to have me so buzzed I threw my guts up and my face was buzzing off for a good 6 straight hours.

That was the last time I went for any drugs.

I hear they condense THC using propane these days and make a tar like substance that is hundreds of times more potent than the plant.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know about in the US, but when I was in the UK, one joint was enough to have me so buzzed I threw my guts up and my face was buzzing off for a good 6 straight hours.

That was the last time I went for any drugs.

I hear they condense THC using propane these days and make a tar like substance that is hundreds of times more potent than the plant.

If so, then I guarantee it was laced with something. Even top shelf weed isn't gong to do that. Or so I've heard. :whistle:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Instead of ending Qualified Immunity for police, they should end it for judges and prosecutors. They should be held responsible for this :poop:, and serve the full sentences that this scum bag should have served. :xmad: The police did their job. The judges and prosecutors are directly responsible for the subsequent crimes that were committed, and should be sentenced for those as well.

"On Thursday, Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears charged Johnson with 22 counts including Attempted Murder, Attempted Rape, Criminal Confinement, Attempted Kidnapping and Attempted Sexual Battery.

Court records show this isn’t Johnson’s first arrest.

Last August, he was sentenced to a year in prison for criminal trespass, but he only served two days. Then in November, he was convicted of battery and was sentenced to six months, but only served three days, plus probation.

Just this year in February, Johnson was arrested again for criminal trespassing and the case is still pending. Records show he was held for seven days after that arrest before he was released again.

Four months later, Johnson is now charged with attacking four different women."

Their idea of protecting the citizenry of Indy is about the same as Hogsett's idea of protecting the downtown businesses from looting teens.

Top Bottom