• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    *A tiny far-leftist vocal minority.

The only major gripe I have with police is that the "us vs them" mentality is bleeding over to the point they are also targeting good citizens just trying to defend against the leftist hoards.
    I keep hearing that, hearing about the "silent majority". Where are they now? It's time to be "unsilent". Their support is useless if no one knows about it. I'm not clear what you are referring to in regards to targeting good citizens.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I keep hearing that, hearing about the "silent majority". Where are they now? It's time to be "unsilent". Their support is useless if no one knows about it. I'm not clear what you are referring to in regards to targeting good citizens.

Agreed. I have had a lot of people come up to me lately and say how they support us, they’re proud of the work we do, etc. I really appreciate that, but I need them to do more. If all that’s true, then people need to be more vocal and match energy with the other side. Corporations, politicians, etc. have jumped on the bandwagon against law and order because they think that’s what the majority wants. If that’s not the case, let them know. Quit letting them run away with the show.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...... But the tendency of the left towards the segregation of society .......

That has to be the end goal. Apparently the left hates desegregation.
    Years upon years of being told all whites are evil and racist definitely impact perceptions and activities. Who would want to segregate and live with a bunch of vile racists?
    They set up safe spaces for black people, no whites allowed... ummm that's segregation kids.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Doesn’t the agency have a part in this per the new law? Do you not trust them to stand behind their officers?

During my law enforcement tenure the relationship between command staff and the troops was so openly adversarial that a standard piece of equipment was a microcassette tape recorder. Internal investigations did not determine the outcome of complaints against officers based on their guilt or innocence, but on what was politically expedient. No man would have a private conversation with an officer of higher rank without recording it since we had so many cases of ranking officers lying about the content of such conversations at a later time for some political purpose. Once I was a lieutenant, even though I had a rep as a straight shooter, if one of my men came to my office to discuss some issue he'd take out his recorder, turn it on and put in on the desk between us. I understood the necessity and took no offense.

Can agencies be trusted to stand behind their officers? Nope.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    When I graduated high school, my goal was to become a police officer. Since I wasn't old enough, I went into the air force and became a police officer there. I enjoyed it. When I got out, I decided to become a corrections officer while I waited for an opportunity to become a police officer. It took me six months to realize that it wasn't worth the effort to try to help people that didn't want help. The difference between military and civilian police was so different that I had no desire to become a police officer in the real world. Fast forward to today and seeing what's going on makes me really glad that I changed my goals.

If every police officer today said screw this, I wouldn't blame them a bit.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    ACTIVE SHOOTER IN SCHOOL

Principal: The shooter is on the second floor of building B which has access to A and C. There are about 600 students in those three buildings.

Police: OK, Sir. Have them shelter in place. We are here and we will handle it.

30 minutes later.

Principal: Why have you not announced yourself or moved in?

Police: We are waiting for him to run out of bullets. Then we hope that he will either commit suicide or give himself up peacefully.

Principal: what if he resists arrest?

Police: Well then there is nothing left to do but hit Dunkin`s, and let the social worker work it out.

Sorry to you Officers that I made the doughnut joke. I support you and what you do. I just hope you make through this unscathed,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SESERVICE!

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed. I have had a lot of people come up to me lately and say how they support us, they’re proud of the work we do, etc. I really appreciate that, but I need them to do more. If all that’s true, then people need to be more vocal and match energy with the other side. Corporations, politicians, etc. have jumped on the bandwagon against law and order because they think that’s what the majority wants. If that’s not the case, let them know. Quit letting them run away with the show.
    Maybe the silent majority should adopt catchy slogans like “silence is violence”.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The other day, my wife found a wallet. Since I wasn't about to chase down the owner who lived somewhere across town, I called the police. He pulls up with his partner in the passenger seat, and I try to hand him the wallet through the window. He didn't say a word, quickly opened his door, got out, immediately activated his body camera, and only then did he talk. It hit me that it's sad that an officer has to activate his body camera for something as simple as receiving a found wallet. I completely understand why, but it doesn't make it less sad that they have been forced into the position of covering themselves for such simple encounters.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That has to be the end goal. Apparently the left hates desegregation.
    Years upon years of being told all whites are evil and racist definitely impact perceptions and activities. Who would want to segregate and live with a bunch of vile racists?
    They set up safe spaces for black people, no whites allowed... ummm that's segregation kids.
    Leftist identity politics which separate people into groups = segregation.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I'll be there, and I'll buy a thin blue line flag for the occasion.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    *A tiny far-leftist vocal minority.

It’s no longer a tiny minority when your kids come to you crying because their “friends” berate them for having a cop as father or, or when the people who were friends just two weeks ago and were donating masks for your department now scream and shout call for you to be set on fire and tortured.

The media programming is working well. And I can honestly say that I don’t blame the ones aren’t speaking up. They are being bullied by the mob, just like everyone else. If they speak up, they get cancelled and their lives turned upside down.

Do you not trust them to stand behind their officers?

:lmfao:

You know, after all this, I’m glad I retired and got a retirement gig. But I still wear a badge and the new entity is even more prone to rash decisions based on propaganda. We have some small groups that are calling for us to be disbanded and at this point, I honestly hope they do. It would make my life much more relaxed and less stressful.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Excellent question. I think too many think 1) they are actually a minority now or 2) they’re afraid if they speak up, they’ll be labeled, fired, and ostracized.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Maybe the silent majority should adopt catchy slogans like “silence is violence”.

ZKxpZaN.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Reading this thread would make me rethink not carrying daily or not having a rifle in the car.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ooh. Yeah. You’re right. I don’t want to do that.

Okay. How about “Silence is sadistic”? I’m pretty sure alliteration is not cultural appropriation.

Alliteration is racist. Heck some would say knowing the word is racist.

Top Bottom