• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm happy with my CDE. I've had some mods done though, but it's a nice shooter and does not seem to be hard on brass, even when shooting the Underwood stuff I had bought for my G20sf.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I shoot Underwood out of my Delta Elite quite a bit, 1400 to 1500 fps. I've never had any issues with it breaking parts or frame damage, its not one of the older ones though. The newer ones hold up much better than the old ones. Its currently up with AllenM getting a little makeover, I'm sure if it was showing ANY signs of damage or excessive wear he would have noticed it and let me know about it.
    I've really been wanting one of those Dan Wesson Bruin's, but I figured I'd have a little work done on the DE instead.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Woooooo, doggies! Just went to that Underwood site and now I'm hooked. Got to investigate this further. Buy once , cry once.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I shoot Underwood out of my Delta Elite quite a bit, 1400 to 1500 fps. I've never had any issues with it breaking parts or frame damage, its not one of the older ones though. The newer ones hold up much better than the old ones. Its currently up with AllenM getting a little makeover, I'm sure if it was showing ANY signs of damage or excessive wear he would have noticed it and let me know about it.
    I've really been wanting one of those Dan Wesson Bruin's, but I figured I'd have a little work done on the DE instead.

Is this the Bronze one AllenM posted up the pics of...???

Yes, the newer ones are much better.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Is this the Bronze one AllenM posted up the pics of...???

Yes, the newer ones are much better.
    Yep, that is it. I couldn't decide on grips so, I bought those coyote brown and black ones. He's putting the medallions in both sets. I debated on the medallions too. In the end I decided it needs them, it's like the SS or GT badge on a car.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, that is it. I couldn't decide on grips so, I bought those coyote brown and black ones. He's putting the medallions in both sets. I debated on the medallions too. In the end I decided it needs them, it's like the SS or GT badge on a car.

Agree on the badging.
    That Bronze/black mix is on both of my 10's and I love it. Yours looks to be a shade lighter. Very nice.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Too good to be true..???

Any consideration to the Glock 20 or even better, the G40? I've got both and haven't shot the 20 since getting the 40. They soak up the snap of the 10mm round nicely.

Exactly what I was going to post--Is your G-40 MOS??
    Mine is, and....We are in the SAME Town..HA. HA. HA....Bill.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Churchmouse:

What is the difference between your custom gun and the CDE or the Ruger?
    Just a matter of curiosity and I KNOW that you can 'splain it to me.

About $2,000.

With that being said, I've shot one of AllenM's small hybrid barrel 10mm 1911's. It's hard to describe. There is very little recoil but a heavy "push" maybe? It honestly shot lighter than a .40. I can understand the extra expense. If I had the extra, I'd own one.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    About $2,000.

With that being said, I've shot one of AllenM's small hybrid barrel 1911's. It's hard to describe. There is very little recoil but a heavy "push" maybe? It honestly shot lighter than a .40. I can understand the extra expense. If I had the extra, I'd own one.

Pretty much right on depending on the level of cool you build into it.

If I had the discretionary funds AllenM would be crafting up something for me that I have wanted for a long time.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had a Delta Elite. No complaints. That was several years ago. I put some shock dampening bushings on it that were supposed to mitigate some of the stress issues associated with heavier loads. Never had any problems.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I did the same thing with mine. Love to have a Bruin, but tarting up the DE was more satisfying. I did the safeties, but had AllenM cut the slide for Novaks, checker the front strap and Cerakote it in burnt bronze. It also got all new internals and mammoth ivory grips. I really should take a better photo of it, but this is where's it's at right now.
    Colt Delta Elite by Tim Piscitelli, on Flickr

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did the same thing with mine. Love to have a Bruin, but tarting up the DE was more satisfying. I did the safeties, but had AllenM cut the slide for Novaks, checker the front strap and Cerakote it in burnt bronze. It also got all new internals and mammoth ivory grips. I really should take a better photo of it, but this is where's it's at right now.
    Colt Delta Elite by Tim Piscitelli, on Flickr

I think you need to bring that with you next week .....Yes

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Is the Bruin really worth the costs? I don't mind going that high but if its not a good value???

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Is the Bruin really worth the costs? I don't mind going that high but if its not a good value???
    I would say the Bruin is well worth the money. Dan Wesson has a superb reputation for quality and customer service. I personally don't think you could do any better for $1800. You could even save a couple hundred off that and buy a blem. These are mechanically sound but, have a very slight imperfection in the finish.

Top Bottom