• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    It's an absolute shame. Sciens Capital should rot in h***. What's really sad is how good their product has been the last three years or so. I have a custom shop 1911 made in late 2015 that is nothing short of superb.

What Sciens Capital has done to that company should put executives in jail.

Brent Turchi was a great ambassador to the buying public for Colt. They really screwed up letting him go. I'm a big Colt fan, but I'm not sure they are coming back from this one.

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    It's an absolute shame. Sciens Capital should rot in h***. What's really sad is how good their product has been the last three years or so. I have a custom shop 1911 made in late 2015 that is nothing short of superb.

What Sciens Capital has done to that company should put executives in jail.

Brent Turchi was a great ambassador to the buying public for Colt. They really screwed up letting him go. I'm a big Colt fan, but I'm not sure they are coming back from this one.

^^^^^^
    I was afraid this might happen when the bankruptcy left Sciens as owners.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would have thought dropping some of the non innovators would be good but not shutting down the custom shop all together. Yikes!
    Without reading the entire thread, I will come out and say, as long as Colt stays in business no one, or not many on INGO will notice the difference. Colt Custom makes stuff that costs a lot of money, and the average Joe will not be affected.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Again, right? I don't think this is the first time they've gone through a reorg in recent years. Didn't they just reorg in late 2015, or even as recently as last year?

I could never get into the idea or nostalgia of owning an older Colt, and a newer model never appealed to me because of the way the company has been torn apart. Would buying a brand-new Colt today be a collector's item, or a paperweight with no warranty?

There's a UK shooting enthusiast in the comments section that pretty much nails it from an outsider's point of view. To be fair, if you're not part of a military contract, perhaps most all of us are outsiders.

I suspect there are other manufacturers in the market who, due to the change on the political front, don't have nearly the product demand they had in recent terms. Smaller players will fall by the wayside, I think (Olympic Arms has already folded up, IIRC?). I'm seeing all kinds of daily deals on brand-new factory-built AR's that are very, very competitive. Even our own Classifieds section here on INGO seems to be soft across the board, especially with no implied panic urging sales.

Just my 2 cents.

Yep, I bought a Colt King Cobra back in like 1989/1990 or so and it was just a joke back then. Quality control, etc crap compared to others at the time. I'm not much interested in Colt. That company and its leaders flushed their reputation and the public gun buying market a long time ago in my opinion.

Colt dies and Charter Arms will not die.

There is no justice in this world.

Don't know much about Charter as a business, etc, but Colt did/has done this to themselves. Also, I know it is nostalgia and all that, but staying located in the northeast and continuing to provide strict gun control states with tax revenue isn't forward looking either, but if you don't care about your non govt customers, who cares, right?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Quote from article: "Shutting them down, however, would burn a significant amount of goodwill that Colt has built over the years with its customer base..." Really? Colt's customer base has been for decades U.S. military contracts. They've ignored the civilian market.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    That is a shame, they could build good guns if they wanted too. I purchased a new Colt Combat Elite and a new Delta Elite last summer and both are very well built in my opinion. The fit and finish on both are perfect, tight frame and slide fit and tight barrel lockup on both. The triggers on both are very good considering they are series 80. But they have caused this themselves, glad i bought them when i did.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Hey with Churchmouse head of QC they would have some fantastic guns coming out of there, he could whip them into shape:whip:

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Colt with Churchmouse at the helm:)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This one quote from the article says everything one needs to know!

"There is a race to the bottom with ARs retailing for less than $500, and as one Colt official told me, “We can’t and shouldn’t compete in that space. That’s not what Colt does.” That's good, because Colt simply cannot. "

Top Bottom