• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Should have picked it up. You could easily get 2K for it if you were to sell it.

I could have bought a Smith for about 250 bucks, but I kicked 325 for a 8" blue snake... Been shooting it since the early eighty's***,
    I keep being told they are crap, but I still have mine. Well it was mine, I gave it to my youngest for a graduation present.

rawbeervoter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2020
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I could have bought a Smith for about 250 bucks, but I kicked 325 for a 8" blue snake... Been shooting it since the early eighty's***,
    I keep being told they are crap, but I still have mine. Well it was mine, I gave it to my youngest for a graduation present.

That's a great gift. I hope they end up offering the new pythons in blue nickel.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    One thing you won’t see. Revolver competition that includes Colt Revolvers.

Shot a Python in steel matches in the 90's.
    Shot it in a few action matches in pre ICORE days.
    A friend(that you also know Jim) shot a Python in NRA action matches including the cup. He was a NRA action shooting Master shooting one.
    Wouldn't have any issues using mine in matches if it wasn't so valuable.
    Probably ought to sell it as I just don't shoot it any more.

rawbeervoter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2020
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Back ordered one from SWFA for MSRP in June. No ETA, but they said the price was locked in.

That's cool that they allowed you to put an order in. I tried the same thing with Cabelas and they wouldn't do it. I received a suggestion to keep an eye out on Sportsmans Warehouse. I did that for about a month and finally ran across both models being in stock. It took about a week for them to ship them to the store nearest me, but definitely worth the wait.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Picked this one up from Highsmith's.

ItqVQ8Bl.jpg

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    The new pythons have a extremely heavy SA trigger from the factory at least mine did. Tested around 9lbs. Colt told me that they are set between 6 and 9, if I remember correctly. Got a trigger job and it is just over 3.5 now. I shot my f in law’s python years ago and the trigger was great. It shot so accurately for me that I always wanted one. Found a 6” in PA and ordered it. Including shipping, it was a little under msrp. It’s a great looking gun but I would buy a S&W if I wanted another 357 or even a 44mag. Just my op

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The
    The new pythons have a extremely heavy SA trigger from the factory at least mine did. Tested around 9lbs. Colt told me that they are set between 6 and 9, if I remember correctly. Got a trigger job and it is just over 3.5 now. I shot my f in law’s python years ago and the trigger was great. It shot so accurately for me that I always wanted one. Found a 6” in PA and ordered it. Including shipping, it was a little under msrp. It’s a great looking gun but I would buy a S&W if I wanted another 357 or even a 44mag. Just my op
    6 inch 2020 I picked up recently seems fine to me, I don't have a scale but I don't think i'd want it any lighter. It does seem better than the older 4 inch I used to have that definitely didn't live up to the hype. Finding one under MSRP with shipping was a good score.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I have a question about MSRP and shops that sell for over, not just a little over but several hundred. I'm pretty naive about retail, have never worked in it and never owned a store, but when I walk into a shop and see something like a python and they've got it marked up $200 or $300 + over MSRP it really turns me off to that shop, and I'm not talking the first production runs, I'm talking 2 years after release.
    So my question is this. Are these shops possibly paying higher prices from their dist and that is part of the reason for the bigger markup. Or is it simply cause they're banking on someone with deeper pockets paying the inflated price?
    Does this leave a bad impression on you as well?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have a question about MSRP and shops that sell for over, not just a little over but several hundred. I'm pretty naive about retail, have never worked in it and never owned a store, but when I walk into a shop and see something like a python and they've got it marked up $200 or $300 + over MSRP it really turns me off to that shop, and I'm not talking the first production runs, I'm talking 2 years after release.
    So my question is this. Are these shops possibly paying higher prices from their dist and that is part of the reason for the bigger markup. Or is it simply cause they're banking on someone with deeper pockets paying the inflated price?
    It does not leave a bad impression to me. There are not enough of them available at the MSRP for all that would like one, including me. The higher prices stop the guy that buys them up at shops to resell on gunbroker. Don’t you think all guns should sell for their market value not a made up number? We certainly like it when that favors us and we get them below MSRP because it is higher than they can sell the quantity they want at that price…

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    At this point there are enough Pythons out there that if they are charging over MSRP it's just to get a bigger markup and not paying higher prices from distributors. Places like the new Sportsman's Warehouse have them at MSRP, still not great but not higher at least. I just watched a 4 inch on GB go for almost 200 under MSRP and there are a ton of 6 inchers that routinely sell now for around 1350.00. No reason now to pay hundreds over MSRP, you should be turned off by that shop.

Top Bottom