• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    ..One of these days, the unions will go broke from paying workers who are laid off (just another form of welfare) and the light will come on in a lot of union "workers' " heads...

Unions don't pay unemployment compensation in Indiana. It comes from a state fund paid by employers.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Unions don't pay unemployment compensation in Indiana. It comes from a state fund paid by employers.

(Some, at least the UAW) Unions do pay a stipend to laid off workers that is in addition to unemployment handouts. This typically comes fund managed by the union.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I'm sure this move will bring down the cost of their products. The only fat cats in any company are the ceo's. "Right to work" is just another cute, popular way to break the union's. Next morning when you go to your safe job and work your forty hour work week and get paid overtime and get breaks and get holidays off and get benefits remember that ALL of these privileges were fought for and won by unions. The middle class was made by unions. Just sayin.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I'm sure this move will bring down the cost of their products. The only fat cats in any company are the ceo's. "Right to work" is just another cute, popular way to break the union's. Next morning when you go to your safe job and work your forty hour work week and get paid overtime and get breaks and get holidays off and get benefits remember that ALL of these privileges were fought for and won by unions. The middle class was made by unions. Just sayin.

Exactly ! Some people seem to think if you bust the unions the companies will give all they save to their wonderful non-union workers. Can we all say "A cold day in Hell." ? Ask the former non-contract Delphi retirees what the company did for them. Be careful what you wish for as you might get (and deserve) it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a well paying job, benefits, breaks and holidays off, yet don't work for a union. How can that be? I did work for a union years ago and found them to be all over helping themselves, but useless when I needed them. A lot of unions work by creating a divide between folks that do work and those that manage it, then they convince their members that it's no possible to exist without them. If a union is worthwhile for its members, it should have no problem giving those members a choice. That could bring unions back to truly representing their members instead of their own interests while leveraged on the members backs.

Go Colt!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Exactly ! Some people seem to think if you bust the unions the companies will give all they save to their wonderful non-union workers. Can we all say "A cold day in Hell." ? Ask the former non-contract Delphi retirees what the company did for them. Be careful what you wish for as you might get (and deserve) it.

Yes, the owners will pay their employees what the market says their labor is worth or they'll lose them to somebody who will.
    And they can even fire the ones they don't want because it's THEIR company.
    What a concept!! :patriot:

And the best most productive workers can advance without being held back by an idiotic "seniority" system that promotes the lazy moron ahead of the productive genius because he hired on 1 day earlier.

Most people who strive to develop, and have built marketable skills find unions confining and a roadblock to advancement.

Unions are best suited to the type of "worker" who just wants to show up and collect a paycheck while the average pulls them up.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    They are UAW, I don't understand why you would want to be in a union that funnels a lot of money to the democrats that want to do away with guns. Why the UAW and not a machinist union? All I can say is good for colt.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Yes, the owners will pay their employees what the market says their labor is worth or they'll lose them to somebody who will.
    And they can even fire the ones they don't want because it's THEIR company.

And the best most productive workers can advance without being held back by an idiotic "seniority" system that promotes the lazy moron ahead of the productive genius because he hired on 1 day earlier.

Most people who strive to develop, and have built marketable skills find unions confining and a roadblock to advancement.

Unions are best suited to the type of "worker" who just wants to show up and collect a paycheck while the average pulls them up.

The white hot light of truth,
    preach it brother !:D

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I wish Kimber and Henry would leave New Yawk, Smith would leave Messachusetts, Springfield, and Rock Island Auction would leave Illinois...oh and any gun company in Khalifornia...leave it, and move to pro-gun states!!!!! ......sorry posted this before reading all of the above comments......I'm just adding my amen!!!

Last edited:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I have a well paying job, benefits, breaks and holidays off, yet don't work for a union. How can that be? I did work for a union years ago and found them to be all over helping themselves, but useless when I needed them. A lot of unions work by creating a divide between folks that do work and those that manage it, then they convince their members that it's no possible to exist without them. If a union is worthwhile for its members, it should have no problem giving those members a choice. That could bring unions back to truly representing their members instead of their own interests while leveraged on the members backs.

Go Colt!

And you can lose that "well paying job, benefits, breaks and holidays off" for no reason with no recourse. Also, union workers (and yourself) do have a choice as they can go to any of the jobs in this country that are non-union.
    Your knowledge about unions is limited and your logic is flawed.
    I personally don't care if Colt goes to FLA or anywhere else and if they have (or don't have) a union will be up to them and their employees. It's called a "choice". That's one of the things we have in this country. :D

sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    I know some have said they don't understand why gun companies stay in oppressive states, and I have thought the same thing. A different angle is that maybe the companies don't want to move families. I have customers that have moved from other states and the people that move with the company is only about half. Some people don't want to move away from where they grew up or family and I think companies take that into consideration. Take Springfield for example, if they moved and half of the gun smith's decided they didn't want to leave and they are top notch the company has a big void to fill. Just my 2 cents.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    And you can lose that "well paying job, benefits, breaks and holidays off" for no reason with no recourse. Also, union workers (and yourself) do have a choice as they can go to any of the jobs in this country that are non-union.
    I personally don't care if Colt goes to FLA or anywhere else and if they have (or don't have) a union will be up to them and their employees. It's called a "choice". That's one of the things we have in this country. :D

As to the part in red, so what?

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON

As to the part in red, so what?

Yeah, "Life's hard; wear a helmet." :cool:

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    ppl move companies to "right to work for less states" because the labor cost less and the dont pay benefits. yet the product continues to cost more.:dunno:

Top Bottom