• ...and so much more!
  • tsbolton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    DANVILLE
    PRO UNION

Have worked both sides can say without a doubt union job best decision I've made as to my career choice. CWA PROUD UNION MEMBER

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I don't think its cut and dry as in all unions are bad and non-unions are good. I would say some unions are a good thing for an employee and some are bad it just depends what company you're working for etc.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Unions are one of the best things to happen......for China.

"Workers of the World Unite" Andy Stern head of SEIU, or was that Carl Marx?

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Sorry, facts do not support the narrative that unions made the middle class. In fact, wages and working conditions were improving faster before Unions - because it made good business sense. Unions promote the concept that job description and longevity determines wage vs skill and job performance determining wage. Show up to collect a pay check instead of actually working for a paycheck. Yes, I know there are many good, hard working, honest Union workers. Problem is, those folks never make it into Union management.

tlkidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    New Haven
    Who are they going to tax after all the businesses and rich move away? Look out middle class. The handwriting is on the wall.

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    I had read a news article elsewhere a few days ago, that said that Colt was not moving any production away from CT, and would be producing new products in FL.

Could this mean the return of Colt wheelguns? One could only dream...

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Have worked both sides can say without a doubt union job best decision I've made as to my career choice. CWA PROUD UNION MEMBER

Elaborate on why? Id be curious as to the reasoning.

I have worked in union shops, not as a union member, but none the less. The ones I have seen have bread laziness and inefficiency.

Why would a worker want to actually work hard when they know they get paid the same for doing half the work? My brother in law works for Allison in Indy and its a joke some of the stories I hear. I have family friends that are higher ups in union shops and same there.

Give me a job where I can earn my keep and advance as my skills and negotiating power allow. I dont need to rely on other people who are not concerned about me other than to see if I paid my dues.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I had read a news article elsewhere a few days ago, that said that Colt was not moving any production away from CT, and would be producing new products in FL...

Oh gee, that also means the union won't be eliminated. Oh, my !
    (Just think; all those lazy communists will still have jobs.) :):

Top Bottom