• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    So...it looks like Columbus' RK is getting ready for something exciting! I've been looking forward to this for a while.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. Can't wait to buy a gun!

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    WHAT ! AM I DREAMING ? That looks like boxes of ammo on the shelf in the second photo. That can't be right.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Let me tell you the process for buying a gun at RK so you are not surprised. Corporate policy BTW.

1. To look at a gun you must give them your DL, which they put where the gun was.
    2. No gun is handed to you without a triggerlock installed.
    3. You can not take possesion in store, they walk you outside before giving you your purchase.

Please be nice and try not to laugh and point out you are carrying.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Let me tell you the process for buying a gun at RK so you are not surprised. Corporate policy BTW.

1. To look at a gun you must give them your DL, which they put where the gun was.
    2. No gun is handed to you without a triggerlock installed.
    3. You can not take possesion in store, they walk you outside before giving you your purchase.

Please be nice and try not to laugh and point out you are carrying.

I did not know that.

If they walk out with it I'll tell them, "ok you carry that empty one out and I'll keep my loaded sidearm on my side". However, their store, their rules.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    The one in Martinsville started carrying handguns and long guns last month and looks similar, but full of guns. They also have a decent selection of ammo, two boxes per day maximum per customer, and their prices are a little high. The Martinsville Rural King is in a school zone, so any gun has to leave the store in a locked case. You can bring your own or they will sell you one. I saw a guy buy a Ruber 9mm and the clerk told him that the could drill a hole through the case and the man could buy a padlock instead of spending the money to buy a locking case.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The one in Martinsville started carrying handguns and long guns last month and looks similar, but full of guns. They also have a decent selection of ammo, two boxes per day maximum per customer, and their prices are a little high. The Martinsville Rural King is in a school zone, so any gun has to leave the store in a locked case. You can bring your own or they will sell you one. I saw a guy buy a Ruber 9mm and the clerk told him that the could drill a hole through the case and the man could buy a padlock instead of spending the money to buy a locking case.

That may have been me. I've done that with a couple of ruger boxes. If I can lock it we can use it. I've sent guns out in .50 cal ammo cans with the gun wrapped in foam padding. We try and keep the cheap $2 locks with us so folks don't have to spend more money.

Also we changed the limit to 6 per caliber per person per day. We are getting ammo in quite regularly now.

sampo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Owen County
    Yep, The Rural King in Terre Haute has had gun for 3 weeks now, 223 ammo, AK AR Mini-14 mags the works. SIG AR's, Ruger Scout rifles, Mini-14's blah, blah,blah...

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I went in there the other day and the 2 box limit was crossed out and a 6 in it's place. I also took a pic of all the standard 30 rd capacity AR mags, 4 stacks of metal mags, 6 or 7 in a stack, for $25 and 8 stacks of polymer mags, 5 or 6 in a stack, for $20.

The Columbus RK has done some nice remodeling lately. The store is starting to look more respectable.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Did anybody notice RK's spring flier in the newspaper last week? Front page, right in the middle of the gardening ads, they had AR-15 mags listed for sale, with picture. Got a chuckle out of that one!!!

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    Lafayette RK looks like this and the racks are full. They even carry AR lowers. There was a pink lower that stood out from two aisles away. Bet it might even glow in the dark.

Good selection of ammo at pre panic prices. 6 box per brand/cal. limit. Even bought some .22 today.

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    Looks like the set-up for the Terre Haute Rural King...

Kokomo also

Did anybody notice RK's spring flier in the newspaper last week? Front page, right in the middle of the gardening ads, they had AR-15 mags listed for sale, with picture. Got a chuckle out of that one!!!

Our paper had the ad but with picture. They were thermold mags.

Top Bottom