• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    3. You can not take possesion in store, they walk you outside before giving you your purchase.

When Sportsmen's Warehouse was in Lafayette, they had the same policy. If I remember right, Bass Pro is the same too.

Doesn't bother me in the least, as they allow me to carry in their stores. ;)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Stopped in Martintucky RK yesterday, decent selection of firearms, several employees willing to help you out and the best selection of ammo I've seen in any store in quite awhile. They had just run out of 22lr except for some aquila built specifically for revolvers. I was looking for some 44 mag which they were also out of. I hated to leave empty handed so bought some 30 carbine and some 308. He said I could buy 6 boxes but I didn't need 6 so left some for the next guy.

Maybe. Just maybe, the lunacy is coming to an end!!??

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I was in Vincennes two weeks ago, and their RK has the same setup, with a nice selection of long guns and some nice handguns as well. AR pattern 12 gauge, AR lowers.....hell, they even had TWO whole 50rd boxes of CCI Stingers (I took one).

The "rules" as noted above are a little hokey, but whatever....nice to see a retailer bringing guns in instead of pulling them out.

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Maybe. Just maybe, the lunacy is coming to an end!!??

I think so.

Spotted in the wild a couple of days ago:

Ammo_zpsd3237bed.jpg

dannyc626

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Evansville
    I hope ammo does get easier to find. I am ready to train my teenage daughter on 22lr bolt action rifle and 22lr 1911 semi. and i don't want prices on the bigger calibers to hurt me when she steps up to the real guns.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I couldnt be happier!! Just hope the pricing is fair and competative!!

I stopped in the Martinsville Rural King today, and it seems like their ammo prices are all over the place. .308 was at the best price I have seen in months, so I picked up a few boxes. .223 is another story. At the price they were asking, it will decompose on the shelf before I buy any.

While not terribly high, their handguns did seem a little more expensive than some places I have seen. The shop I'm thinking of is PSS, and from my best guess, Rural King's handguns run about $50-$75 higher than what Bob prices his at.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    this is also like the display at the jasper RK. I stopped in last sunday afternoon to check out the ammo supply. was glad to see they did have some. a really good selection of longguns and handguns. things are a lookin up brothers.(and sisters.)

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was in the Columbus RK last weekend and say the 762x39...was kind of pricey but htey had a few hundred rounds.

Regardless...the Columbus store is HOPPING! which is good to see. Great selection of outdoors stuff this time of the year...popcorn is a bonus..ad for those with kids...the cute-stage animals in the back are fun for the kiddos to look at.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    There a few days ago, I too am excited. I tell my wife I'm taking the dog to get a pigs ear and BAM...new gun!

EDIT: I heard that the RK has been stockpiling guns and ammo so that they can have a full shelve when they open, so hopefully when they open, they have a significant amount of gun and ammo on the wall. Should be exciting.

Last edited:

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    Talked to a lady that was behind the counter yesterday. She said guns should start arriving today! Will check them later today when I slide through town.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Rural King in Columbus went "live" selling guns on Friday. I stopped by on my way to visit my mother and walked away with a sig sauer P226 MK25. I went in for something else and when I saw that pistol, I had to purchase. Didn't even get what I went there for in the first place. It was good experience, though, they physically walk you outside the store before they hand you the weapon.

Oh, they had several AR15s starting at the upper $700 range

Top Bottom