• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    On a more favorable note, this could also function as the first step, if not the realization of, a nationwide concealed carry licence.

Right, because "shall not be infringed" = "shall be licensed".

Why some folks are so eager to trade away anything just to be able to carry a few more places blows my mind.

If it's licensed, it's not a right, voluminous bluster to the contrary notwithstanding.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'm not saying this would solve the problem, but no gun law would have stopped him. This is an essentially meaningless bone to throw to the Democrats to keep them off our backs.

It's not meaningless, it's federalized licensure for possession.

If you think you could keep that genie in the bottle, you must wear a red cape and be fond of saying "Up, up, and away".

As you said, it wouldn't solve the problem, and what would they do when the next mass shooting happens (as it will)? Figure out some way to use the national license to further restrict, register, or otherwise harass the law-abiding.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    That is in no way what I am proposing. I'm saying you go through the standard BG check that you do at your local dealer and you get a little card that says you passed it. You can then buy a gun. It doesn't say you can't be gifted one, it doesn't register you with anything, and your guns are not taken away if you don't renew it.

Right, because no government has ever changed such a thing once it was in place.

Think Darth Vader in Cloud City: "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it further." It is in the nature of the beast.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I honestly don't see how this is an infringement of rights. You go through this check when you buy from a store, why not from a private sale then?

When you buy from a store, it is an infringement of rights. For whatever reason(s), they hadn't expanded this infringement beyond interaction with a federally-licensed vendor.

Why continue to exempt private sales? Because there is still true liberty involved in the transaction. I don't have to prove I'm a good little serf and beg permission to get a new tool. If the seller wants to require ID and LTCH to proceed, that's his prerogative, as it is mine to look elsewhere if I don't like it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hey, let's make it easy...

Make killing children in school illegal.

This should be an easy law to pass, since it's "for the children."

Since they are gun free zones already, this should be an easy law to implement.

Of course, that's not going to stop some psycho killer from deciding it's just as easy to mow down 30 students with their mothers mini-van.

No weapons restriction is going to stop a psycho killer (ques que se,) from doing their evil deeds.

In recent cases the killer commits suicide when an armed response finally arrives. As they say, when seconds count the police are only minutes away. (No offense meant to our valiant peace officers.)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    As someone elsewhere so eloquently put it (paraphrased):

"You may choose to believe or not believe in God. That is your right. You may choose to own a firearm for your protection, or you may choose not to. That too, is your right. That said, if you choose not to own a firearm for you protection, and someone breaks into your house: The first thing you will do is to call someone with a firearm. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time."

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    We have a nationwide license, it's called the 2A and was paid for in full by all the patriots of the revolutionary and every war that we have been in.

It's just that we have all those damned elected officials that think they can further infringe without "infringing".

Amen

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Do I hate gun control? Yes, most definitely. Do I also recognize the inevitability of dirty politics? Yes. I'm not proposing we register everything or ban anything. I'm suggesting that we hold those who buy firearms in private sales to the same standard we hold those who buy from licensed dealers.
    I'm suggesting that we stand up for what we know is right and don't knuckle under in the least to wildly irrational emotion and the left's evil agenda to control everyone.

Fight emotion with emotion. "Are you telling me that you'd rather stand by and watch as someone shoots 6 yr olds while dialing 911 or would you rather shoot the evil SOB, THEN call 911?" :ar15::draw:

NO MORE GUN FREE VICTIM ZONES! Pisses me off every time I think about that miserable worthless bag of dirt getting even a first shot.:xmad:

By the way, welcome to INGO>

Top Bottom