• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yep. The fiancee was seriously freaking out seeing me swarmed by several officers...truth be told, I just wanted to get her out of there. She told me that should I EVER treat someone like that as a police officer, she and I would have a SERIOUS problem.

The ISP trooper was a Sergeant, no less. I quote:

"Don't you know that the Permit says 'Conceal Carry Only'?"---I about choked.

"I'm going to call down to State and try to get your permit revoked."

"You're a special kind of idiot Open-Carrying. Don't you know it's against the law?"

EPIC FAIL on all accounts.

Wow what a tool. Any Officer, that does not know the law, should not be an officer. Only takes one to ruin the name of many.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Get the Crossbreed MiniTuck... I doubt she would even have to buy bigger waisted pants.

When I want deep concealment I use an LCP in a MiniTuck. Doesn't matter what you are wearing, you can't see it.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    You want to buy her a super tuck so she can CC around the KITCHEN?

all sexism a side. I absolutely love my Super tuck but I could see how someone with a small frame and bigger hips could have comfort issues with that wide of a holster. I think the micro clip would be awesome for a lady. Though, I hear it is hard is hard to keep the leather and the clip where you want them. Having only 1 clip attaching to the belt allows the gun to sort of spin around and you will readjust more then a 2 point IWB.

maybe a mini tuck?

P.S. seriously, It is hard to give proper advice without seeing the frame that we are trying to fix the holster to. Please attach pics for more accurate and specific advice. Be sure to take the pic in her normal every day "street clothes" not some thing she never wears and just put on for the picture.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    This solves everything. Now she can carry an AK and an 870!
    picture.php

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Not going to add really anything that hasn't been said. This is my thing though....

I think she has to change her clothing choice to degree, but not in the way she is thinking. When I realized I had to change how I dressed when I started carrying, I freaked. I thought I'd have to start wearing bigger shirts, bigger pants. People kept telling me to get a vest or a over shirt. The thought of that alone freaked me out. But then I started looking...There are some really cute tops out there to throw on over a tight shirt. Even for the summer time. Tell her to get out there and look around. LOTS of fashion forward ideas out there. And she only has to wear these things when she is "out". When she gets home (Or feels more comfortable) she can remove the "cover up". The shirts that are tight around the waste, and bigger on top work really well too! I should post pics sometime. Never really think about taking any!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Continuing on the theme of adjusting her wardrobe, I thought I'd mention an article by Bill Boatman wherein he notes that the decision to carry must supersede decisions of attire. This is a line of thought to which I subscribe.

[Carrying a loaded gun] is an all-embracing lifestyle and must take precedence over your respect for law, your fear of social criticism, your love of humanity, your wardrobe and your drinking habits. ... You must wear your Glock with the same allegiance as your wedding ring. If you're not married, your Glock is your wedding ring.

Read the whole article here:
    The Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Women who are built like that can wear the tightest clothes they wish.

You're not gonna convince women to wear gay baggy clothes so they can carry.
    The Crossbreed looks like it's the best idea.
    I'm thinking about getting one for sclark. She is the exact same build.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Women who are built like that can wear the tightest clothes they wish.

You're not gonna convince women to wear gay baggy clothes so they can carry.
    The Crossbreed looks like it's the best idea.
    I'm thinking about getting one for sclark. She is the exact same build.

Well, for comparison, the girl in the video that Mom Will Shoot posted earlier wasn't wearing gay baggy clothes, but she was wearing clothes that weren't quite as tight as some women decide to wear. That would be an example of what I was referring to: even a minor adjustment can make a difference.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Well, for comparison, the girl in the video that Mom Will Shoot posted earlier wasn't wearing gay baggy clothes, but she was wearing clothes that weren't quite as tight as some women decide to wear. That would be an example of what I was referring to: even a minor adjustment can make a difference.
    Those clothes in the vid were what I was talking about.
    Many women can't pull that off.
    Those who can, will.
    That holster will be the best fit for a woman that wears snug jeans.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I love the Supertuck holsters for mid to big sized guns. Using one for a .32 Kel Tec is a huge pain in the butt! Both Donna and I carry Kel Tecs and we both use the belt clip. There is no reason she can't carry like that at the 3-4 o'clock position, making the firearm much easier to get to. The pocket holsters are very popular for this firearm as well. :twocents:

Survival Helper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    My honest opinion is a shoulder rig with the two shirt approach...one under the rig one over the rig. I wear a dual handgun approach to this setup when I cant show, and it solves the problem, its comfy and it allows for just about any weapon you can hide under a tiny frame...... I wear the mikes in pro pak with two holsters, rather than one and a mag change.......Uncle Mike's - Pro-Pak Horizontal Shoulder Holsters

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    My wife has tried all manner of carry, and has actually found happiness using the Raven/Vanguard with her Kahr PM9. She carries directly behind the belt buckle.

And thanks to Shay for creating that!

Top Bottom