Concealed Carry Without permits, IN too far behlnd the times. Demand it now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    First personal protection permit was in 1986 for hunting and I have never liked "concealed" carry because it's just not comfortable. Hunting don't need it. Residents should be able to carry if they feel they need to without getting a permit. Teens are in the news almost every day with gun related issues and reckless disregard for life and property. IN castle doctrine which Pence signed just a few years ago is good while on my property. My neighborhood is just not safe anymore and IMPD & Mayor admit the solution is complex; lack of teen jobs, hunger, drugs and is a long way from being fixed. So, I would like to keep law-abiding citizens just that without getting LTCH. Plus, costs & unpleasant application process is still with us, just ask a clerk in City-County Building for help and see what's it's like.

1. Don't like to CC, then open carry.
    2. Indiana doesn't have permits, we have licenses. :cool:
    3. Use your enter key, please.
    4. What does the City-County clerk have to do with LTCH? I thought now with L1 you can even avoid the police station.
    5. In WV on school property it must be unloaded and cities may ban carry in many cases (convention centers, city buildings). Given this, I'll call it a tie.

Again, I agree with you in principle, you just come off as, "IN sucks, you all need to make it better for me."

Yes, IN is draconian when it comes to Sunday sales.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While I can admit that's the way it should be, I'm torn on the issue. Occupation related.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    While I can admit that's the way it should be, I'm torn on the issue. Occupation related.

Funny how you'd have qualms about a Constitutional right that explicitly has the words "shall not be infringed" when discussing that right while when it comes to voting and the Constitution permits certain regulations, it's an affrontry to freedom and liberty.

GFGT has just goes by what the Constitution says and what it doesn't say.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I support your position and do think Indiana should be a constitutional carry state, but I have to question your timing on this a bit.

Where were you 2 months ago when Rep. Tom Dermody let a constitutional carry bill die in committee? The legislative session is over. If you're geeked up for a push on this I get it, but you might want to save some energy and start planning what you can do heading into next year's session.

Well he won't be doing that again. He's giving up his seat this year.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny how you'd have qualms about a Constitutional right that explicitly has the words "shall not be infringed" when discussing that right while when it comes to voting and the Constitution permits certain regulations, it's an affrontry to freedom and liberty.

GFGT has just goes by what the Constitution says and what it doesn't say.

Is that what is being said? I think you read too much into that statement.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Please tell us more... Does Indiana's infringement on the Second Amendment somehow make you occupation less hazardous or more convenient? I'm of the opinion the vast majority of those who commit gun crimes couldn't care less what Indiana's gun laws say or what the penalties are. Seems like we should be punishing those who commit violent crimes, not those who wish to be able to defend themselves against those who commit violent crimes but hey, what do I know?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I'd rather have the LTCH, it allows me to carry in other states that honors it. It also helps private sellers that the buyers are legal.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'd rather have the LTCH, it allows me to carry in other states that honors it. It also helps private sellers that the buyers are legal.

The LTCH should be strictly optional. Most (if not all) of the CC states offer licenses for those who want them for travel purposes. They just don't require licenses for you to carry in-state.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I know its not because all the individuals who can't legally possess a firearm since they are convicted felons and such will all of a sudden start carrying firearms even though its still illegal. The felons already have guns and don't seem to care. Is it "little old lady who has never fired a gun now carries an un-holstered, cocked and locked 1911 in her little old lady purse next to her pinchy-top coin holder" related?

AboveTheBest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Bloomington
    So if Indiana were to recognize Constitutional carry, what happens to reciprocity with those States that do not?

This is a very good point.

I recently moved back to Indiana 2 years ago after living in Vermont for 10 years, and while I could carry whenever I wanted to in VT, I was not able to carry when I went on road trips or visited family back in Indiana.

I had contemplated applying for a LTCH from another state (like Florida), but never got around to it, as it impacted me so few days of the year.

Since moving back my wife and I both have lifetime LTCH's, and I enjoy the peace of mind knowing I can travel out of state (at least most places) and still be legal.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is a very good point.

I recently moved back to Indiana 2 years ago after living in Vermont for 10 years, and while I could carry whenever I wanted to in VT, I was not able to carry when I went on road trips or visited family back in Indiana.

1. Get a Florida license.

2. The Indiana bill that would have repealed the Larry requirement would have left existing licensing structure in place, but made it, in effect, optional.

3. I really wish we could have seen this kind of interest when the General Assembly was in session. There is always next year.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    1. Get a Florida license.

2. The Indiana bill that would have repealed the Larry requirement would have left existing licensing structure in place, but made it, in effect, optional.

3. I really wish we could have seen this kind of interest when the General Assembly was in session. There is always next year.

FYI: Florida "s****". They are obsessed with their MUST be "concealed".
    You MUST completely conceal. Residents obsess with holsters and the clothes that completely hide your weapon
    so you can not even make out "outline" of weapon.
    Mandatory course must be taken and scheduled and costs of course plus license is too much.
    Our Objective is correct, make it optional, then get it if you want to carry when you travel out-of-state.
    And yes, let's try harder next year.
    Please remind me when we get there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, what concerns do you have with Constitutional Carry?

Well simple, I make it a habit of not disarming people when I come into contact with them (legally come in contact with them, as in I am REQUIRED to make contact with them). You just ask if they have a LTCH, or when you run them, you find out. Well, believe it or not, the lil pink card that you carry, in most instances indicates a responsible, law abiding person.... which honestly, you can probably gauge upon coming into initial contact with them. However if it was ever abolished (the LTCH), I have one less tool to rely. And as such, and noting that I probably have a solid opinion of the person initially, to treat everyone fairly, despite my inherent biases, I would be more inclined to disarm everybody, should I have a legal reason to make contact with them.
    Hence, why I am torn on the issue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know its not because all the individuals who can't legally possess a firearm since they are convicted felons and such will all of a sudden start carrying firearms even though its still illegal. The felons already have guns and don't seem to care. Is it "little old lady who has never fired a gun now carries an un-holstered, cocked and locked 1911 in her little old lady purse next to her pinchy-top coin holder" related?

If you're going to burrow down the whole 2nd Amendment rabbit hole, then you better follow it it zenith. No free man walking the streets, and not under jurisdiction of the courts, should be denied a right. So I reject the idea of holding a bias to free man that has served his time; felon or not.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    One quirk Indiana might want to protect when moving to remove need for conceal carry permits-
    Currently 18 yr old can get one in Indiana even though they can't buy ammo or handguns.
    Legislatures and advocates might want to keep that in mind so they don't make it for 21yrs or older.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And yes, let's try harder next year.
    Please remind me when we get there.

If this truly is an important issue for you, I'd suggest you make it a point to remind yourself, rather than relying on someone else to do it.

One quirk Indiana might want to protect when moving to remove need for conceal carry permits-
    Currently 18 yr old can get one in Indiana even though they can't buy ammo or handguns.
    Legislatures and advocates might want to keep that in mind so they don't make it for 21yrs or older.

This is incorrect. 18 year olds can buy ammo at retail stores and from private sellers. They can also buy handguns in a private sale, just not from an FFL dealer.

Top Bottom