• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I didn't read through all 3 pages so this may be a repeat. If you want a good guy go where good people go. Get involved in your church or attend some new churches. You mentioned animal rescue maybe volunteer at some new shelters. You not going to meet a lot of shady people doing volunteer work. I can't comment on social media as Ingo is my only online outlet.

Blown71X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    As someone who recently found out that my wife of 25 years, my best friend, and what I thought was my companion for life decided that a coworker was a better choice....This thread was a interesting read with some good insite.....at 53 I'm not sure I have it "in me" to do it again.....it sucks how quickly trust of people can be changed....lol

Good luck on your journey.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    As someone who recently found out that my wife of 25 years, my best friend, and what I thought was my companion for life decided that a coworker was a better choice....This thread was a interesting read with some good insite.....at 53 I'm not sure I have it "in me" to do it again.....it sucks how quickly trust of people can be changed....lol

Good luck on your journey.

This is why I decided to share my story on INGO. I know I am not the only one starting over. We can help each other . Even those who are not ready to talk can learn from those who are.

It is hard to be single. Although I enjoy my own company and don't have to have someone else to complete me, I do enjoy joy sharing simple pleasures with someone else. I haven't been in the rat race for that long but already know I am tired of it. That's why I decided to go to a higher level of dating.

I am no saint by any means but I often find myself feeling inexperienced and naïve. INGO is the perfect place to learn about what to expect on my new journey. The load is always lighter if someone else helps to carry.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I wish relationships were so simple that having similar hobbies would guarantee a solid relationship. Reality is much more complicated. My wife didn't hunt or fish when I met her. As things worked out, she enjoys shooting and fishing. I attribute that more to being blessed with someone who enjoys spending time with me enough to participate in the things that I enjoy, and I participate as well in the things that she likes. I think its more about being willing to give, than liking the same things. Two people can be totally opposite, and still have a great marriage or relationship. Hang in there, you will find the right person.

I will say this. If I were still single, and met a woman who liked to shoot and fish, that would be a HUGE plus!! :):

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was married for four years. Problem was, my ex seemed to be married to her mom. I met her when I was stationed in Hawaii. We lived here for three years, then she decided she wanted to go home. I have not dated since. Some say I'm to picky, but some things I just have to stick to. I don't have time for BS.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I was married for four years. Problem was, my ex seemed to be married to her mom. I met her when I was stationed in Hawaii. We lived here for three years, then she decided she wanted to go home. I have not dated since. Some say I'm to picky, but some things I just have to stick to. I don't have time for BS.

I have to agree with this. There's nothing wrong with being picky as long as our houses aren't made of glass.

My view is; why should I have to settle? Life is too short to settle. I am a complete package. It is only reasonable to expect any potential suitor to be as grounded as I am. I am a good, mentally stable catch. Someone doesn't deserve me just because they think I am cute. I am much more than cute. I am an acute bundle of restless energy ready and able to skip freely through the woods and paths wanting to experience the natural joys of life. I don't have time for the tv watchers and the sleepers. Let's run laughing through the park instead of settling to watch it pass us by.

I want my golden years to be sprinkled with fairy dust instead of dread. If I die in my sleep I want to have died happy. So I only want to play with the happy kids.

I am not the kind of girl for the slackers and the non believers. I am extremely well balanced. I have experienced many life changing potential excuses and I have conquered them all on my own. I expect my suitors to be as brave. Do not approach me unless you are a real man in control of your own life. I just want to hear how you will accomplish goals not why you can't.

Save the sad stories whose endings can never change. I just want to create new memories and laughs. My suitors have to be able to dream and follow them.

Happy and spiritually free are probably the most important traits I am looking for. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to get involved with people who are too self absorbed in the past or who don't have the traits I value most. I know what I want, I have every right not to want to settle for less.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Well, to be honest, I was only asking because I wanted to make sure she had everything to fix me breakfast too

Actually Bunny it all depends on if I was able to make it to the grocery the weekend before. My schedule gets busy sometimes and trips to the grocery get removed from my to do list.

Breakfast staples I am most likely to have ingredients for would be Italian sausage biscuits and gravy and maybe some kind of fancy pancakes. I do have real maple syrup locally harvested though. :)

Top Bottom