• Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Fair enough.

Over the last few decades, my 60 has been my go to for many of the reasons you mention. I have toyed with some others and except for the P365xl; nothing has stuck.

I love the 60. Had a 3inch for many years. Should have not let that one get away.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    :popcorn:

My gun is like it came from the factory. It meets some of your criteria and fails on others. But I am comfortable with it.

Plus, my EDC is also my range gun...and my training gun...and my home defense gun...and my competition gun if I ever decide to do that.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    :popcorn:

My gun is like it came from the factory. It meets some of your criteria and fails on others. But I am comfortable with it.

Plus, my EDC is also my range gun...and my training gun...and my home defense gun...and my competition gun if I ever decide to do that.

i like it!! Very efficient! We have a saying...beware of the man with a worn looking gun...he knows how to use it..

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    You know lou? What did his first shop look like?

It’s just a name from the past for me. I had some work done on a Davis Model 10 that I wore out back in the day of the Bianchi Cup when revolvers were king. Also shot tons of PPC and will have to check my old records to see if Lou shot in any of the same matches. At the Brauer Cup in Mo one year 30 some years ago, we called it the day the revolver died as we watched a young Bill Wilson set the National Record for The falling plate event. We held umbrellas over Wilson as he used one of his pounded together colts in the pouring rain. That’s the year I bought a movable aimpoint mount for my winged revolver. It might have come from Ciamillo, however I remember he had a long lead time.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I had to get the old Smiths out and cycle them. One was so smooth, I had the box of ammo in my hand. My wife said I better not sell them.

I need a cigarette.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Just letting all you guys now I will not lock this thread but I will kick some butts to the curb. Do not be one of those butts.

Okay, Thor.

I’m just always interested to see how these kinda of threads go on the various forums. On the Hide, it would be 45 pages long by now, consisting mostly of angst and screaming. On Arfcom, he’d never have been there anyway. On 6BR, a lot of guys would ignore it because it is about pistols. National match, and other dedicated competition forums would be condescending toward most of the list EXCEPT what works for their sport.

Et cetera.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    i like it!! Very efficient! We have a saying...beware of the man with a worn looking gun...he knows how to use it..

Well yes, except that much like the stupidity of “pre ragged” baseball caps for the paper pusher types to wear to Home Depot on the weekend...

...we now have—for 5 low, low payments for just $299–pistols with pre-worn or “distressed” finishes.

Asinine, but everybody wants to be the next GD avenger, or at least look the part.

I can’t argue with the business model though: Find the want. Sell the want.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Some of you guys are going to have to show me where I find more hours in a day. The most I have ever had was 24. I find a little time to get on this forum. I haven't even heard of the forums that Natd mentioned.:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Okay, Thor.

I’m just always interested to see how these kinda of threads go on the various forums. On the Hide, it would be 45 pages long by now, consisting mostly of angst and screaming. On Arfcom, he’d never have been there anyway. On 6BR, a lot of guys would ignore it because it is about pistols. National match, and other dedicated competition forums would be condescending toward most of the list EXCEPT what works for their sport.

Et cetera.

In recent memory some of these started down the paths you mentioned.
    Way to much angst in the forum right now. I just want to keep it flowing.

I had forgotten about the Thor thing...:):

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Some of you guys are going to have to show me where I find more hours in a day. The most I have ever had was 24. I find a little time to get on this forum. I haven't even heard of the forums that Natd mentioned.:):

hehehe! SOME of those are worth your time.

I used to mod a forum about this size or maybe a little bigger. It was a good place, but I think it’s kinda fallen by the wayside a little. Happens.

Unlike CM, I no longer choose to volunteer my life to the task of moderating an invisible room full of some mixture of children and adults arguing over esoterica into all hours of the day and night, and receive emails and phone calls from forum members bit***ing about one thing or another, mostly each other.

It was a stupid job, and I am glad to be rid of it. We should all be thankful that anybody volunteers for the punishment.

:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I used to mod a forum about this size or maybe a little bigger. It was a good place, but I think it’s kinda fallen by the wayside a little. Happens.

Unlike CM, I no longer choose to volunteer my life to the task of moderating an invisible room full of some mixture of children and adults arguing over esoterica into all hours of the day and night, and receive emails and phone calls from forum members bit***ing about one thing or another, mostly each other.

It was a stupid job, and I am glad to be rid of it.

Yup. I get a lot of that.
    But there has been an upside to Ingo at least for me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Maybe I should broaden my scope. I could look for a forum dedicated to cross dominant shooters who are trying to go the red dot route.

Or a forum for people who own 4 guns or less

Or a shotgun clays forum for people who not retired yet

Or a forum for someone who likes 1911's and striker fired pistols

Hmm...the potential.:):

Top Bottom