• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    With the 9/11 anniversary yesterday it had me thinking of conspiracy theories. It seams lately more and more of these theories are becoming reality. Just a handful of the popular ones I am finding online.

- 9/11- Is everyone still believing the talking points?
    - Oklahoma City.
    - JFK, Bobby, Marilyn.
    - Moon landing? Personally, I still believe we did.
    - Joe Biden- Is it really him? The earlobe thing is a bit weird.
    - UFO's.
    - Justin Trudeau Castro's son?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I'm always surprised by the number of honest-to-goodness flat-earther's out there.

At the last job I had before my current one, I had a guy call in and start out with some rather mundane sounding questions, but before I knew it he had steered the conversation into talking about how the moon landings were all fake and the earth is actually flat. I should've just hung up on him, but it was a slow afternoon, and I was being entertained far too much. I think he went on for a good half hour before I politely told him I needed to go, but to please send us an email with more information about his ideas. He never did.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    I'm always surprised by the number of honest-to-goodness flat-earther's out there.

At the last job I had before my current one, I had a guy call in and start out with some rather mundane sounding questions, but before I knew it he had steered the conversation into talking about how the moon landings were all fake and the earth is actually flat. I should've just hung up on him, but it was a slow afternoon, and I was being entertained far too much. I think he went on for a good half hour before I politely told him I needed to go, but to please send us an email with more information about his ideas. He never did.
    Of course the Earth is flat. What escapes me is why people dont see the obvious round Earth conspiracy orginations.

The globe manufacturing industry, duh.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Or the ones saying that Australia isn't real?

:facepalm:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    giphy.webp

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    "Conspiracy theory" is a pejorative term used to dismiss a line of thinking.
    Much like the popular use of the words "racist" or "Nazi".
    They're used to shut down discussion, rather than spur it on.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Just saying?

Carlson spoke to Larry Sinclair, who alleged that in 1999, “I had given Barack $250 to pay for coke, I start putting a line on a CD tray to snort and next thing I know he’s got a little pipe and he’s smoking it.” The Barack Obama & Larry Sinclair: Cocaine, Sex, Lies & Murder? author added, “So I just started rubbing my hand along his thighs to see where it was going, and it went the direction I had intended it to go.” The 40-minute interview is available on X

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    "Conspiracy theory" is a pejorative term used to dismiss a line of thinking.
    Much like the popular use of the words "racist" or "Nazi".
    They're used to shut down discussion, rather than spur it on.
    That's true a lot of the time. I still find myself using the phrase, though, because I don't know of any other phrase to refer to an idea that typically sounds outlandish and bizarre at first glance, involves deception and hiding of information by powerful organizations on a massive scale, and is typically promoted/investigated by individuals without any type of official organization.

Personally, I think conspiracy theories, even the ones that I find laughable, are necessary for a healthy society. As you implied, it's never a good thing for certain lines of thinking to be dismissed off-hand without giving a fair consideration for the evidence.

Top Bottom