• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    NO! NO! AND NO! That's the problem, they don't necessarily deserve it. If people came on here and started bashing gun owners, you would not tolerate it (because you (in general) are a gun owner and would find it insulting). I'm not sure why it's ok for people to bash the LEOs around here CONSTANTLY for something they personally didn't do yet you lump them all into the same pot. You're (you in general) a gun owner and since some yahoo did something stupid and he's a gun owner, you must also be yahoo, so I'll call this person a kettle.

i think most people on here who (bash) leos i gues thats the pc term around here now. are in fact only talking about the leo or several leos involved at that time. i have yet to ever see anyone on here say something negative about a cop in another state then start doing roll call of all the cops on here and accusing them of taking part. its tha thin blue line thing again. when a cop does do something wrong it needs spoken out against. and if other cops chose to defend a criminal with a badge then get butt hurt and cry when everybody doesnt bow down to them thats thier problem. there a lot of good leos out there doing the job. the jbts and thier supporters we can do without.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    i think most people on here who (bash) leos i gues thats the pc term around here now. are in fact only talking about the leo or several leos involved at that time. i have yet to ever see anyone on here say something negative about a cop in another state then start doing roll call of all the cops on here and accusing them of taking part. its tha thin blue line thing again. when a cop does do something wrong it needs spoken out against. and if other cops chose to defend a criminal with a badge then get butt hurt and cry when everybody doesnt bow down to them thats thier problem. there a lot of good leos out there doing the job. the jbts and thier supporters we can do without.

If you truly believe that's true, then you SO haven't been paying attention or you're blinded by your own cop hate. There are people on INGO who have made it their life's work to track down every single LEO indiscretion and post it here for the ridicule of all. That's as much "LEO bashing" as just coming out and saying "All cops are dirty!" In fact, your own comment is displaying elements of that anti-cop attitude.

INGO is not a clearing-house for the world's cop-hate. We've had a lot of great members who are in law enforcement who no longer visit us because they're tired of getting constantly hammered by the negativity towards cops.

I believe the same would hold true for any other profession, from cops to toy makers. You're wasting an opportunity and you don't know it. The cops on INGO are already on your side. You should be working with them, not screaming at them. Instead, you're driving them away and turning them against you.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    If you truly believe that's true, then you SO haven't been paying attention or you're blinded by your own cop hate. There are people on INGO who have made it their life's work to track down every single LEO indiscretion and post it here for the ridicule of all. That's as much "LEO bashing" as just coming out and saying "All cops are dirty!" In fact, your own comment is displaying elements of that anti-cop attitude.

INGO is not a clearing-house for the world's cop-hate. We've had a lot of great members who are in law enforcement who no longer visit us because they're tired of getting constantly hammered by the negativity towards cops.

I believe the same would hold true for any other profession, from cops to toy makers. You're wasting an opportunity and you don't know it. The cops on INGO are already on your side. You should be working with them, not screaming at them. Instead, you're driving them away and turning them against you.
    if speaking up against a criminal with a badge makes me anti cop then ill wear the title proudly. the cops i used to work with dont agree with a lot of what they see these days. i remember when cops went after bad guys not try to make a bad guy out of every citizen they encounter.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    if speaking up against a criminal with a badge makes me anti cop then ill wear the title proudly. the cops i used to work with dont agree with a lot of what they see these days. i remember when cops went after bad guys not try to make a bad guy out of every citizen they encounter.

Hate them all you want, but INGO isn't the rallying point for the anti-cop crusade, as much as you'd like it to be.

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack. We now return you to your apology thread already in progress.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    What I would like to see as well as many other people is NO LEO BASHING at all. There's no need to post threads about cops just to post them especially when it doesn't involve our local cops.

Welcome back and hopefully you won't be drinking and posting any more.
    I would like to see leos not giving reasons to be bashed. Everyone needs to be aware of the injustices that are carried out on a daily basis because they can. That is B.S.:twocents:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I would like to see leos not giving reasons to be bashed. Everyone needs to be aware of the injustices that are carried out on a daily basis because they can. That is B.S.:twocents:
    but if you speak out against it you are a basher and a hater and will be dealt with for speaking against the kings men.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    NO! NO! AND NO! That's the problem, they don't necessarily deserve it. If people came on here and started bashing gun owners, you would not tolerate it (because you (in general) are a gun owner and would find it insulting). I'm not sure why it's ok for people to bash the LEOs around here CONSTANTLY for something they personally didn't do yet you lump them all into the same pot. You're (you in general) a gun owner and since some yahoo did something stupid and he's a gun owner, you must also be yahoo, so I'll call this person a kettle.

We don't mean to be scary... :)

So now we're blaming the whistle-blowers and pretending that isolated incidents that are happening with ever-increasing frequency don't deserve to be brought to the light of day?

We bash politicians for the same abuse of authority and power. The only difference is that politicians don't get to invade our homes, kill innocent people, and then get off scot-free. But for some reason, it's not okay to publicly condemn and entire body of people who trample our rights because they wear a badge.

A LEO might be the finest man on earth. But LE is getting a bad rap for good reason. In this particular case, it really does take just a few bad apples to spoil the whole bunch. Particularly when there's no effort to remove that which contributes to the rot.

I fail to see how pointing this out is a bad thing. Do they not work for us, after all?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So now we're blaming the whistle-blowers and pretending that isolated incidents that are happening with ever-increasing frequency don't deserve to be brought to the light of day?

We bash politicians for the same abuse of authority and power. The only difference is that politicians don't get to invade our homes, kill innocent people, and then get off scot-free. But for some reason, it's not okay to publicly condemn and entire body of people who trample our rights because they wear a badge.

A LEO might be the finest man on earth. But LE is getting a bad rap for good reason. In this particular case, it really does take just a few bad apples to spoil the whole bunch. Particularly when there's no effort to remove that which contributes to the rot.

I fail to see how pointing this out is a bad thing. Do they not work for us, after all?

INGO is supposed to be a site for camaraderie of gun owners and enthusiasts. Some very fine INGO members are police officers who no longer feel welcome here because of all the "speaking out" and broad generalizing of their profession. Why not share respect for the respectful cops/gun owners that would like to hang out with you on this site? You would prefer to alienate a possible friend and asset just to satisfy your desire to speak out on the injustices committed by a FEW who share their profession? I really don't get that. I had a plumber come to the house once and try to cheat me out of some money. I know this isn't unheard of among the service professions and I actually have some friends who are plumbers. I chose not to publicly berate and "speak out" against plumbers out of respect for my friends. Maybe that's just me....

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Seriously, the cop bashing does get out of control.

I think the INGO cops here should get a lot more respect. They take a lot of abuse, but yet they stay on INGO.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    So if I say I don't like glock, cause they don't have a frame mounted safety, I'll be black listed because I'm a glock basher even if glocks don't have a frame mounted safety ???

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    hey guys, I'm counting on at least 50% of law enforcement to uphold their oath when the shtf! So lets keep the criticism on a case upon case situation with links and facts available upon each report....I want these guys on our side when wer'e plinking the UN on our doorsteps!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Interesting. Any time a union is brought up, people come out of the wood work with comments that lump every union worker as one. I've yet to see a mod address that.

As far as cop bashing. I will call someone out regardless of their profession. Keyser Soze is a good example. I will defend someone if they are right. Denny347 is a good example.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Interesting. Any time a union is brought up, people come out of the wood work with comments that lump every union worker as one. I've yet to see a mod address that.

As far as cop bashing. I will call someone out regardless of their profession. Keyser Soze is a good example. I will defend someone if they are right. Denny347 is a good example.
    ive seen truck drivers,politicians,lawyers, and several others bashed on here never seen a mod say anything then.:dunno:

Top Bottom