• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    there are a lot of good men and women who serve as police, there are also bad men and women whom serve as police. I try not to lump them all together as one. I see attacks on police officers on forums as petty, because most of the people wouldnt be saying what they are saying to an officer if he were standing in front of them.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    ive seen truck drivers,politicians,lawyers, and several others bashed on here never seen a mod say anything then.:dunno:
    Still does not make it right. Generalizations are NEVER right. They are easy to make but that does not mean they are true. I see a lot of lawyer bashing...lots of jokes about them. However, I will never do so even as an LEO on the other side of the court room from them. Why? Because the very ones we say are doing dirty tricks to get their clients off are the VERY ones we call when it is our buts on the hot seat. When you really put yourself in the other person's shoes it becomes very hard to make generalizations about them after that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Oh yeah
    hrzfab.gif

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    ive seen truck drivers,politicians,lawyers, and several others bashed on here never seen a mod say anything then.:dunno:

I would venture a guess that if you added up the "bashing" threads on all the professions you listed above, you wouldn't have 10% of the number of cop bashing threads that exist here.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Still does not make it right. Generalizations are NEVER right. They are easy to make but that does not mean they are true. I see a lot of lawyer bashing...lots of jokes about them. However, I will never do so even as an LEO on the other side of the court room from them. Why? Because the very ones we say are doing dirty tricks to get their clients off are the VERY ones we call when it is our buts on the hot seat. When you really put yourself in the other person's shoes it becomes very hard to make generalizations about them after that.
    i agree. hence the statement i made earlier. when most people are talking about a bad leo,truckdriver,lawyer whatever they are talking about the one or ones involved in that situation. im a truckdriver and if another driver does something wrong i will not lie for him or support him. when it comes to a lot of leo we get the exact opposite. i dont see that as bashing . i see that as calling a criminal and a liar for what they are. there are plenty of good leos out there that im sure would do the right thing. but there is no shortage of the ones who live for the thin blue line.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    i agree. hence the statement i made earlier. when most people are talking about a bad leo,truckdriver,lawyer whatever they are talking about the one or ones involved in that situation. im a truckdriver and if another driver does something wrong i will not lie for him or support him. when it comes to a lot of leo we get the exact opposite. i dont see that as bashing . i see that as calling a criminal and a liar for what they are. there are plenty of good leos out there that im sure would do the right thing. but there is no shortage of the ones who live for the thin blue line.
    Yes, but many of the stories posted can be quite slanted. In some of these stories the LEO's are 100% wrong. In the others, they are either not wrong, their actions are taken out of context, or misunderstood. Much of the distrust directed at us is simple misunderstanding. I see it every day at work. People have an expectation in their mind (most from watching too much TV) of how we should do our jobs and when it comes time to perform, they think we are doing it all wrong, are lazy, dumb, etc. I know this because I was not always an LEO, I remember how I had my own misunderstandings about LEO's. I think more people should get out and do more ride-a-longs and they might realize that there might be valid method to our madness. I take many of these stories with a grain of salt, I know how the media loves to get ratings and nothing gets viewers like a crooked cop. Some deserved and some not. I've seen the media slant first hand too many times to count. So, when we don't jump on the INGO bandwagon about a "bad cop" it is not because we are trying to show support for that officer but rather we know that what is shown or reported can be far from the truth.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yes, but many of the stories posted can be quite slanted. In some of these stories the LEO's are 100% wrong. In the others, they are either not wrong, their actions are taken out of context, or misunderstood. Much of the distrust directed at us is simple misunderstanding. I see it every day at work. People have an expectation in their mind (most from watching too much TV) of how we should do our jobs and when it comes time to perform, they think we are doing it all wrong, are lazy, dumb, etc. I know this because I was not always an LEO, I remember how I had my own misunderstandings about LEO's. I think more people should get out and do more ride-a-longs and they might realize that there might be valid method to our madness. I take many of these stories with a grain of salt, I know how the media loves to get ratings and nothing gets viewers like a crooked cop. Some deserved and some not. I've seen the media slant first hand too many times to count. So, when we don't jump on the INGO bandwagon about a "bad cop" it is not because we are trying to show support for that officer but rather we know that what is shown or reported can be far from the truth.
    :yesway:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    you are right the media can and will slant things. but i wasnt always a truckdriver. i dont need the media to tell me whats right and whats wrong. and i have seen both first hand. it doesnt take sherlock holmes to figure out some of these cases.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Great post and rep inbound.

Attention any PO in SWI:

I'd love to go on a ride-along if you would be so generous...

I'm also heading up to Indy in about two weeks and I could probably arrange something while I'm there, since I know we have a bunch of great (IMPD) officers on this site.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Interesting. Any time a union is brought up, people come out of the wood work with comments that lump every union worker as one. I've yet to see a mod address that.

As far as cop bashing. I will call someone out regardless of their profession. Keyser Soze is a good example. I will defend someone if they are right. Denny347 is a good example.

I'm on of the good ones. You don't even know me. Ive never abused my authority. Its the generalizations that tick me off. It seems anything someone reads is automatically fact. If it puts leos in a positive light its speculated.

Top Bottom