• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Want to get a little side bet going as to which two? I've already got my favorites picked out..but one hasn't shown up yet.

:):

I don't really have anything to add...I just wanted to tag this for it's entertainment value later.
    im willing to bet our choices are the same......id also be willing to add a third, but its really going to depend on how much hes drank tonight

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Even the five year olds!!

This just posted by my nephew over on facebook.

Chris Helmer
    Putting my uniform on to work late night detail...Anna says,"Daddy you goin to work?" Yes I reply. Anna "But its dark out." I have a flashlight I tell her, so its ok. Anna says "But donuts can't have lights"............Thanks a lot Anna. :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    INGO is supposed to be a site for camaraderie of gun owners and enthusiasts. Some very fine INGO members are police officers who no longer feel welcome here because of all the "speaking out" and broad generalizing of their profession. Why not share respect for the respectful cops/gun owners that would like to hang out with you on this site? You would prefer to alienate a possible friend and asset just to satisfy your desire to speak out on the injustices committed by a FEW who share their profession? I really don't get that. I had a plumber come to the house once and try to cheat me out of some money. I know this isn't unheard of among the service professions and I actually have some friends who are plumbers. I chose not to publicly berate and "speak out" against plumbers out of respect for my friends. Maybe that's just me....

I would prefer a modicum of intellectual honesty that recognizes when I am "bashing" LE policies and practices and when I am singling out a particular LEO for his unacceptable behavior. Neither, however, should be grounds for a member of LE to get his panty in a pinch over it.

Plumbers don't have the authority and power to kill a man and get away with it. Plumbers don't have the authority and power to confiscate a man's property and get away with it. Plumbers don't have the authority to detain a man without cause and get away with it. Plumbers don't have a de facto right to invade a man's house and get away with it.

The difference between LE and every other profession out there is that LE has the ability under the color of law to act unlawfully. To be fair, this extends beyond LE. The courts continually ruling in favor of ever more intrusion by LE doesn't help. But that just highlights the very problem: LE does what it wants first, and asks for permission later. If I'm going to get screwed by a plumber, I at least have to let him in and do the work.. I've got no such safety net with LE.

Who is left to police the police? If not the people.....? Would you have me believe that holding LE to a standard commiserate with their power and authority is a bad thing?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    "When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property." - Thomas Jefferson

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    I truely believe that in most cases that LEO are acting within the limits of the law. Sadly people that break the law feel that they should not be charged/ticketed because that law is not important to them. If I got pulled over for going 5mph over the speed limit I would not be happy because its just 5mph. On the other hand I was not following the law and the LEO had every right to ticket me. If I was being a D!ck about it I could later hop on a forum and cry like a baby or I could accept that I was in the wrong and just watch out better while speeding.

I have not had any bad instances with LEO but I also do believe that there are bad ones out there, the career isnt for everyone. This should be brought to the city/states attention with facts/documentation supporting your claims. LEO put up with a lot of crap from the public and they dont need any more crap from adults that cant get over their negative prejudices. You arent above the law and when you act stupid you deserve what you get. Cry somewhere else.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    but if you speak out against it you are a basher and a hater and will be dealt with for speaking against the kings men.

We're not the King's Men, we're the people's men. And a large portion of the LE community recognizes this. Your statement in it's purest form illustrates the divide between LE and citizens. The USSC has ruled that LEOs don't have an obligation to "protect and serve," but you'd be hard pressed to find a guy, who took the job for the "right" reasons, that believes that's the way it should be.
    Changing a tire for an elderly couple on the highway, arresting the guy that beat his kids, talking to boy scouts... thing that we supposedly don't have to do... right? After all the King's Men are there to keep his laws and the serfs oppressed right?
    You perpetuate the "us vs them" mentality and all it does it hurt one group relating to the other. This isn't some Errol Flynn Robin Hood movie, remember that. To some in the profession, such attitudes, when regularly encountered, are noted, and it translates over to the street. Imagine the typical gun owner, who happens to be a copper, coming here to talk about a hobby that we all share, and being inundated with all the constant chatter about the type of person he is (or thought to be) simply because he attaches a badge to his chest and a gun on his hip. One can be easily put off.

To those that respect and support us, you have my heartfelt thanks. "US" being the thousands upon thousands of "officers, deputies, agents" that do things the right way. I most certainly don't expect "respect and support" to be heaped upon those that want to bully the common man to make them feel better about themselves. I'm talking about your everyday good cop. We serve no master other than the people that we aren't supposed to "protect and serve."

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I'm one of the LEO's who doesn't visit as much anymore. I still like the site, but am disappointed by the tone as of late. No, I'm not butthurt because I have done nothing wrong. Many folks have met me and know that I'm a stand-up guy and that there's nothing I wouldn't do to help any of the members here.

I toak an oath to serve and protect the people of the state of Indiana and the Constitution of both the United States and the State of Indiana. It p!$$es me off to no end when I see some of the stupid things some of my brethren do, and some of the idiotic ideas the courts and administrations place upon us, at the burden of the people we serve. You'll find that the good officers continue to do their jobs everyday, helping others, rather than be hamstrung by those idiotic policies.

What I guess I'm saying is that we, the good cops, are already here (on INGO) and on your side. We disagree with the stupid rulings and policies and fight them as much as we can within our abilities. Like the saying goes, "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism," we are true patriots and continue to uphold the rights of the citizens by NOT following those rulings. None of the INGO LEO's are going to come kick YOUR door in (or anybody's door for that matter,) just because some court says you can't resist us if we do so. Voicing your objections to those rulings and the continued trampling of the rights of US as citizens is the highest form of patriotism, and I join you on that fight.

We do what we can to fight for the people we serve - we're not the ones you need to take the fight to. WE need to stand up for OUR rights outside of our comfort zone (quit preaching to the choir) and take it to the lawmakers where those decisions are made.

This site, (along with other forums, clubs and fraternities,) is my playground. When the other kids come to play and b!tch about what they're serving in the cafeteria, all day every day, you don't want to come out and play anymore.

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    What I guess I'm saying is that we, the good cops, are already here (on INGO) and on your side. We disagree with the stupid rulings and policies and fight them as much as we can within our abilities. Like the saying goes, "Dissent is the highest for of patriotism," we are true patriots and continue to uphold the rights of the citizens by NOT following those rulings. None of the INGO LEO's are going to come kick YOUR doorin (or anybody's door for that matter,) just because some court says you can't resist us if we do so. Voicing your objections to those rulings and the continued trampling of the rights of US as citizens is the highest form of patriotism, and I join you on that fight.
    Good post,

I think quite often about how bad laws and bad Interpretations of law put cops in a poor position with the rest of us. I don't want to go into it more right now, but I feel sorry that you guys that you are required to do (by your employers) some of the things you are required to do.

Oppressive laws make oppressors out of their enforcers. I honestly do feel for you guys on that. That sucks. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it at my job. I regret that you do. I look forward to changing the law so that the law is more worthy of respect.

I want all of you to make it home safe. :yesway:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would prefer a modicum of intellectual honesty that recognizes when I am "bashing" LE policies and practices and when I am singling out a particular LEO for his unacceptable behavior. Neither, however, should be grounds for a member of LE to get his panty in a pinch over it..... SNIP
    Who is left to police the police? If not the people.....? Would you have me believe that holding LE to a standard commiserate with their power and authority is a bad thing?
    REP'd
    I'm one of the LEO's who doesn't visit as much anymore. I still like the site, but am disappointed by the tone as of late. No, I'm not butthurt because I have done nothing wrong. Many folks have met me and know that I'm a stand-up guy and that there's nothing I wouldn't do to help any of the members here. ...SNIP

REP'd

Top Bottom