• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I always saw the masks as a way of protecting the LEO's family...and themselves of course.

[...]

I can just see it...someone is going to say, "If you're that worried about the safety of your family, then perhaps you shouldn't have one". :rolleyes:
    I write this completely in jest, so please take it in that spirit.

When we had married guys in the military bring up, "What about my wife?" or "I don't think that will work for my family," etc., the answer was always, "Did the Navy issue your wife in your sea bag? No? Then it doesn't matter how it affects your wife!"

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Interesting. I see that it is necessary to cover your face when enforcing a possessory statute. Hmmmm....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I always saw the masks as a way of protecting the LEO's family...and themselves of course.

If I spent my time busting in the front doors of crack dealers (and we can argue that point until the cows come home...it won't change the fact that that behavior is currently illegal...it's actually irrelevant to this thread) I'd want that protection for my family. I'm a bog boy...I'll handle the risks to myself as they come up. But I sure as hell wouldn't want my wife and kids snatched and executed because of my line of work.

I understand it's a line of work the LEO chose. But...should they put their better half or their kid's safety at risk due to the probability of retaliation by drug dealers?

I can just see it...someone is going to say, "If you're that worried about the safety of your family, then perhaps you shouldn't have one". :rolleyes:

Just my opinion, of course.

I think your giving too many drug dealers too much credit. also its not like its that hard to find out who these guys are if one was determined and psychotic. The police or govt agents need to always be able to be identified. its critical in keeping American freedom that we dont project an image of secret police. and thats exactly what this is when they wear mask.

its also a form of pre-policing. like the govts justification for requiring law abiding citizens to get gun permits.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

If I spent my time busting in the front doors of crack dealers (and we can argue that point until the cows come home...it won't change the fact that that behavior is currently illegal...it's actually irrelevant to this thread) I'd want that protection for my family. I'm a bog boy...I'll handle the risks to myself as they come up. But I sure as hell wouldn't want my wife and kids snatched and executed because of my line of work.

I understand it's a line of work the LEO chose. But...should they put their better half or their kid's safety at risk due to the probability of retaliation by drug dealers?

Just my opinion, of course.

You see Mexican Popo wearing them because the Cartels WILL kill them and their families.

I am going to answer these two together.

If it is time for Peace Officers to be Worried about their Families Protection from Foreign Criminal Organizations then perhaps it is time to escalate the amount of force that we are employing against said Organizations and Use the Military to smite them...

I write this completely in jest, so please take it in that spirit.

When we had married guys in the military bring up, "What about my wife?" or "I don't think that will work for my family," etc., the answer was always, "Did the Navy issue your wife in your sea bag? No? Then it doesn't matter how it affects your wife!"

Jest...
    Who is Joking... :dunno:

If the Military wanted a Soldier to have a Family it would be issued to a Soldier with the rest of the gear...

I heard it so much over my Career that it must be true...

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

If it is time for Peace Officers to be Worried about their Families Protection from Foreign Criminal Organizations then perhaps it is time to escalate the amount of force that we are employing against said Organizations and Use the Military to smite them...

The military should NEVER be used inside the borders of the United States for police work such as this. I am all for putting them on the border and believe we should to take care of the cartels coming in but not inside our towns. Also, before it is brought up I do realize the national guard is used in disaster situations already.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The military should NEVER be used inside the borders of the United States for police work such as this. I am all for putting them on the border and believe we should to take care of the cartels coming in but not inside our towns. Also, before it is brought up I do realize the national guard is used in disaster situations already.

You are overlooking one VERY Important word in my Post, FOREIGN...

So send us to Central America take the fight to them. The purpose of the Military is to defend against external threats, Right?! So declare them a threat to the American Way of Life and send us. More Soldiers would be behind this than stopping through Afghan and looking for Cavemen...

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    You are overlooking one VERY Important word in my Post, FOREIGN...

So send us to Central America take the fight to them. The purpose of the Military is to defend against external threats, Right?! So declare them a threat to the American Way of Life and send us. More Soldiers would be behind this than stopping through Afghan and looking for Cavemen...

Ah, I misunderstood your post. Yes, I would much rather seen our military taking out the cartels on the Mexico side and keeping them out of America. What is the point of the most powerful military in the world when you don't use it to protect your home land from continous attack

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ah, I misunderstood your post. Yes, I would much rather seen our military taking out the cartels on the Mexico side and keeping them out of America. What is the point of the most powerful military in the world when you don't use it to protect your home land from continous attack
    The problem with that is that the cartels have been very careful to NOT spill over the border with their violence. They've very carefully kept it on their side of the border, with very few exceptions.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Actually, I wasn't referring to foreign drug cartels. While it's true, the Mexican drug rings don't like people messing with their profit...I wouldn't trust any of them not to seek revenge when their profits are messed with.

There are people in the world that will kill you for a buck...let alone a $100,000 drug deal.

And while we're at it...my personal opinion on the war on drugs...if you're going to do it...do it right. I'd have no problem using the military against foreign cartels on their turf and end it...once and for all. Quickly and with a vengeance.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Actually, I wasn't referring to foreign drug cartels. While it's true, the Mexican drug rings don't like people messing with their profit...I wouldn't trust any of them not to seek revenge when their profits are messed with.

There are people in the world that will kill you for a buck...let alone a $100,000 drug deal.

And while we're at it...my personal opinion on the war on drugs...if you're going to do it...do it right. I'd have no problem using the military against foreign cartels on their turf and end it...once and for all. Quickly and with a vengeance.

So, what about demand? Once you "end it" will there not still be people wanting to get high? Or, do you have a solution that would prevent man from seeking to alter their state of being? I'm really interested on how you reverse 4 million years worth of mammalian behavior.

Do you "end it" domestically, like this?

Family planning lawsuit to prevent repeat of drug raid shooting death | Standard-Examiner – Ogden, Layton, Brigham, Weber, Davis, Sports, Entertainment, Dining, Utah Jazz, Real Salt Lake, Ogden Raptors, Top of Utah News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Bq8xeQrU

or this (yes, Columbia, MO is back at it)
    YouTube - Columbia MO USA: SWAT Raid on home with children present (SWAT exits van at 3:50)

or this

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    cops need to be out in the open and identifiable so they can be held accountable if they do something wrong. cops from small places where I grew up were nice and respectful and didnt treat their NEIGHBORS like criminals unless they were being criminal. thats because I said NEIGHBORS, they also lived in the community they SERVED. a lot of places anymore import cops from other places. they dont live in the neighborhoods they SERVE. That causes problems some times. I believe if more police were dealing with their own neighbors things would be a lot different. you put someone behind a mask and it turns off something inside. the same as if people deal with strangers. i know this first hand from the military. We cannot let cops wear mask in America. time to start up the phone banks and letter writing to your elected officials. even though I know over half the people who complain have never done anything of the sort. disgusting!

Top Bottom