• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Those who have made copies... the copies come out just a shade darker right... because the copy machine picks up on the color of the original pink...

My high-end Xerox at work has a "background masking" option. Turn it on and any light background color is zeroed out.

Another good suggestion is to reduce the original to 95% or so. Not noticeable by the human eye but makes it much easier to laminate and trim and get in your wallet.

FWIW, I copied mine, then signed them with BLUE ink. To anyone looking at it, it looks less like a copy.

Sig

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Interestingly enough, I just ran into this same issue. I'm not sure as to the legality of copying your permit yourself, but after much searching and calling around, I found a 100% legal way to obtain a duplicate of your license. Got to ISP: Firearms Forms and there you will find a few links. Click on Duplicate Handgun License Request and a form will pop up. Fill it out, send it in to the address listed on the top, along with a $20 money order, and within a few weeks to a month, your duplicate license will be sent to you in the mail. I called my local FWPD, who told me to call the ISP, who told me to get online and go through the process listed above. Hope this helps!

I noticed on the form there are 4 choices as to the "Reason for the Request".

Original license lost / destroyed
    New Address
    Legal Name Change
    Other (please explain)

The form goes on to require a signature that if the information is false under penalty of perjury would be a felony. So that means the first 3 choices to get a duplicate would not be an option.

So would a request under "Other" such as a duplicate license in case the original is lost, be acceptable? Any experiences to share?

michael

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    I think they keep a sample hermetically sealed in a darkened climate controlled vault, document the batch number from each ream of pink paper then they record the corresponding license numbers printed from each ream.
    They then relenquish controll to the Secret Sevrice to combat L.T.C.H. counterfeiting.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is admitting to be breaking the law on the internet prosecutable?

Is this a rule, or is it covered in IC?

What is the penalty if YOU are caught?

I personally have never broken any law to my recollection. Ain't Alzheimer grand.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Malechite138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    As a new member I hate to point out the obvious: No where in the state statutes does it state that the original copy must be destroyed or surrendered if a copy is obtained from the state (or in this case ISP) like a DL does. This means by the letter of the law you can rightfully request "legal" copies from the ISP. As many as you think you might need for $20 each, and every single one would be legit (if you are really that paranoid and dont mind handing out $20 per copy). I'm betting that the ISP has yet to have a single request for "multiple" copies, and would likely have to look up the statutes to verify the legality if someone did actually make such a request.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There's still nothing illegal about making copies of your LTCH.

The $20 for the state issued duplicate is the price you pay for losing or destroying the one you should have copied in the first place. ;)

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I am lucky, my GF works at an office supply store, not only did she have the exact color pink as the original but she made copies for me for Free.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    TL/DR
    I would not trust any official responses in the OP since they all use the term permit.

The real arbitrator of your license status is the database behind the paper.

IS THIS A THREAD THAT WON'T DIE?!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's still nothing illegal about making copies of your LTCH.

The $20 for the state issued duplicate is the price you pay for losing or destroying the one you should have copied in the first place. ;)
    ^This^ The $20 bucks is their "administrative" fee for making the same kind of copy with the same information as the original that you can make for yourself cheaper.

As long as your original LTCH is still valid and hasn't been revoked then I haven't personally seen anything anywhere that making your own copies are illegal.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I didn't make a copy of my LTCH, per Se... I actually did I high resolution scan of it and obtained the pretty pink paper :rolleyes: so that I can make copies in the future with no possibility of degradation of a copy of a copy, of a copy... plus I can't lose the copy! :D

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    It should be an option as an endorsement on your driver's license. Makes it cheaper for everyone.

No, It shouldn't. Do you really want every bartender, server, BMV employee, Bank teller, Store merchant, Airline ticket counter employee, Bouncer, Ect Ect, to know that there is a high probability that you are carrying a gun, if you choose to CC?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I didn't make a copy of my LTCH, per Se... I actually did I high resolution scan of it and obtained the pretty pink paper :rolleyes: so that I can make copies in the future with no possibility of degradation of a copy of a copy, of a copy... plus I can't lose the copy! :D
    This is what I did too. :yesway:

Top Bottom