• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Because of this thread I made some color copies of my LTCH which are too pink or not pink enough. I put my original laminated away and will laminate a copy. Pink can fade with age right? It doesn't darken. Maybe I'll leave the darker one on my dash during summer. LEO's ignore this....

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Because of this thread I made some color copies of my LTCH which are too pink or not pink enough. I put my original laminated away and will laminate a copy. Pink can fade with age right? It doesn't darken. Maybe I'll leave the darker one on my dash during summer. LEO's ignore this....

Tried it again on my color copier (in the laminate) and... NAILED IT!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My suggestion would be to order a copy and pay the 20 bucks so you have an extra just in case? Whaddya think?

1. I think you might be on a tear to reach 50 posts so you revived this dead thread.
    2. I think $20 for one copy is way to much when you can get a dozen for about a tenth of that at a copy store.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    This thread plus staples employee has me all kids of confused.

Went to staples in clarksville to get copies made of my wife's LTCH. Woman said its illegal to make pink copies that they do them on white. She said the manager spoke with ISP and said white copies only...... But then proceeded to say she doesn't know if its legal to make copies of a government paper.

That made me look here.

In this thread I have seen white copies and pink copies? Does anyone know for sure if you can or can not make a pink copy that looks just like the original??

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    It is certainly possible. Legal? Debatable.

When I made a copy they said "we can't make it, but you can..." Then they proceeded to "show me" how to make it, by selecting the pink paper, putting it in the machine, adjusting settings, etc, etc, and finally showing me where to press "go". HA.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Does anyone know for sure if you can or can not make a pink copy that looks just like the original??

It's been debated here in several past threads.

It's not illegal.

Some people still believe that it might possibly be, but they never manage to support their belief with actual codes. Others just choose to err on the side of caution.

Me, I do what I like. :yesway:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    When I made a copy they said "we can't make it, but you can..." Then they proceeded to "show me" how to make it, by selecting the pink paper, putting it in the machine, adjusting settings, etc, etc, and finally showing me where to press "go". HA.

This was my experience at the local Kinkos. :yesway:

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I picked up pink paper and laminating pockets from my local office max. 15min later, voilà, I have twenty perfect copies. One in each vehicle, one in the wallet, and plenty in the safe. My original is unsigned and in a fire safe.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    The guy at the OfficeMax copy center in Westfield did it for me. He knew exactly what it was and even said that there had been a lot of them coming in. Didn't think anything of it, just ran off 10 or 15 copies (I forget how many I got) and I picked up some laminating packets. Zero problems.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Had local office supply store make me 4 copies on pink paper. Cut them out, signed all of them, laminated them, shuffled them like a deck of cards and hid one in my wallet. Local LEO's both city and State know that and could care less.

Mark33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I scanned (both mine and wife's) to the computer, cleaned it up a bit (due to being on pink paper), saved and printed on pink paper from supply I had. Can see no difference.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Wow, got mine years ago, signed it first like a dummy, then made copies, my copies look like copies, had them all laminated, put original in safe, have a copy in the car, have a copy in the case with the GLOCK, have a copy in the camera bag, have a copy in the fanny pack, have a copy in the range bag, seems like I have a copy everywhere BUT on me when I carry.......uh excuse me officer, its in the car, I'll go get it and be right back.

Going to get a copy in a neck holder, and put it in the visor. When I and the Glock leave the car, LTCH will go with me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It would be best if they jut put it on you DL, just like the organ donor thingy.:popcorn:
    :noway:

What about those without D/L's?
    What happens when they forget about this when you get a new D/L? (happens to us with MC endorsements)

Oh, wait, popcorn....:wrongdoor:

I would say the LTCH is just like our money - it has no intrinsic value and is only valid with the backing of the government. :popcorn:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Where are you guys getting copies made at? FedEx on 31 in Greenwood told me they could only do white copies and office max by the mall refused to copy it at all.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Where are you guys getting copies made at? FedEx on 31 in Greenwood told me they could only do white copies and office max by the mall refused to copy it at all.

Where to get it copied thread.

I had the same exact experience at the same exact FedEx as did you, and that was the inspiration for the linked thread. In the end I purchased five sheets of approximately the same color pink paper, made my own copies, and had them laminated at the local UPS store next to Kroger at Bluff and Southport. Original, some copies, and more pink stock all locked up in my safe.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    If anyone in the Princeton area needs copies, Clarion will do it. But the only pink paper they have is a darker pink card stock. I did it anyway. If a cop is that worried about me having copies, he must not have his quota met or he's having a bad day.

Top Bottom