• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    From what I understand many of those stolen valor actually served.
    I'm not sure what's the percentage of people who never served vs the ones who did.
    The ones who served usually never saw actual combat or were never deployed overseas so they embellish their service record.

I guess they think they will only be respected if they say they were on the frontline.

I personally have as much respect for a cook than I do a special ops soldier.Both can be proud to have served their country.

There are quite a few. The nice thing about those guys is that we have a means to deal with them. The ones who never served just get my disdain and ridicule.

You should have some Army chow sometime. It will shake your respect for our trusty cooks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are quite a few. The nice thing about those guys is that we have a means to deal with them. The ones who never served just get my disdain and ridicule.

You should have some Army chow sometime. It will shake your respect for our trusty cooks.

We popped open some MRI's this winter so everyone would know what they are in for if the SHTF. It was interesting to watch.
    There have been some spices added to the reserves since this experiment.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    We popped open some MRI's this winter so everyone would know what they are in for if the SHTF. It was interesting to watch.

Lol, that's funny. Some of the new ones have spice packs and such. They used to have the little Tabasco bottles.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I din't mean respect for their cooking skills. :):
    Although I bet they get to cook some fancy things for generals and admirals.

I always wanted to try MREs.Some menus options sound interesting, others look like someone puked in a bag and sealed it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lol, that's funny. Some of the new ones have spice packs and such. They used to have the little Tabasco bottles.

We get extra mild/hot sauce packets at Taco Belle when the kids want their food. To me that is as bad and maybe worse.
    Anyway a packet or 2 and the flavor does get better.

And the experiment exposed those who will be a problem even though I already knew.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I din't mean respect for their cooking skills. :):
    Although I bet they get to cook some fancy things for generals and admirals.

I always wanted to try MREs.Some menus options sound interesting, others look like someone puked in a bag and sealed it.

Its usually edible. Every now and then it is good. But it really pisses me off when I have to demand 18 hours of energetic output from my soldiers and they start the day on a spoonful and a half of powdered eggs and a strip of bacon. Oh and you'll have to borrow your buddy's plate since they didn't send enough. I would like to know what would happen if I were as careless about my job as our cooks often are.

You're right on about the MRE's

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry to delve into the topic. We're clearly in the latter phases of jamil's theorem of thread lifecycle. But...

At the risk of taking a non-standard position...though I feel I'm not alone. Stolen valor? Bad. but there has to be a less obnoxious way to do this.

If this was a hit and run to make sure there's as much bad press on this Cork guy, that's not what this forum is for.

If you want to engage in gun talk, and more...beyond internet vigilantism, welcome.

I think some people perceive more harm than is actually done to them. But at any rate, once someone is determined to be evil, every form of evil against them is easier justified....

I think we have an official team to deal with this sort of thing on the INGO with the ability to produce DD214s and legally publish them on an open forum.

...including doxxing them on INGO, an evil I think is unjustified in just about all circumstances. We have laws that help resolve harmful human behaviors, and if it isn't illegal, it's probably not harming you enough to go to such lengths to utterly ruin them. That's just vindictive. Just call the guy a douchebag, unsub, and move on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    From what I understand many of those stolen valor actually served.
    I'm not sure what's the percentage of people who never served vs the ones who did.
    The ones who served usually never saw actual combat or were never deployed overseas so they embellish their service record.

I guess they think they will only be respected if they say they were on the frontline.

I personally have as much respect for a cook than I do a special ops soldier.Both can be proud to have served their country.

I've heard of a guy that got a pretty high medal (I think it was the Silver Star, 3rd highest award) had been caught claiming he had a Medal of Honor.
    Sad.
    He is/was a hero. The Silver Star is nothing to sneeze at.
    But, no one around him ever heard of, or cared for, the Silver Star.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Sorry to delve into the topic. We're clearly in the latter phases of jamil's theorem of thread lifecycle. But...

I think some people perceive more harm than is actually done to them. But at any rate, once someone is determined to be evil, every form of evil against them is easier justified....

...including doxxing them on INGO, an evil I think is unjustified in just about all circumstances. We have laws that help resolve harmful human behaviors, and if it isn't illegal, it's probably not harming you enough to go to such lengths to utterly ruin them. That's just vindictive. Just call the guy a douchebag, unsub, and move on.

I feel no moral compunction to help someone perpetuate the lie they are living. If someone's life is ruined, it is because they have lied, not that I have told the truth. Telling the truth is not vindictive, and the idea that it would be seen as such is troubling.

I also think some people perceive more harm than there really is. Then again, other people lack the perspective to perceive the harm that does exist. But the simple revelation of truth should be enough to remedy both the lie and the narrow perspective.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've heard of a guy that got a pretty high medal (I think it was the Silver Star, 3rd highest award) had been caught claiming he had a Medal of Honor.
    Sad.
    He is/was a hero. The Silver Star is nothing to sneeze at.
    But, no one around him ever heard of, or cared for, the Silver Star.

My grandfather, a WW 2 veteran of North Africa, Sicily, and Italy had a very narrow definition of hero...One I have also heard used by Richard Winters and Audie Murphy....

If you came home you were a man who did a job, if you didn't come home you were a hero...Even if you were a rear echelon cook who got hit by a stray mortar and never fired a weapon in combat.....

I once asked him when I was about 12, "Papaw were you a hero in the war?" He scoffed and said, "Nah son...I wasn't no hero..If I was I would've never got to meet you..." He saw the look of disappointment in my face and I'll never forget what happened next...He looked at me, smiled a sad smile and said, "But I served with a few...."

He got up and went out by the garage by himself and lit a cigarette as he stared off a thousand miles away....It was 1977...I remember like it was yesterday...

God Bless you and the heroes Pap.....I hope you all are sharing a whiskey up in Kingdom...I am sure the Lord gives you boys a little leeway in that regard...I do what I can to keep yours and their stories alive...

rimg.php

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I feel no moral compunction to help someone perpetuate the lie they are living. If someone's life is ruined, it is because they have lied, not that I have told the truth. Telling the truth is not vindictive, and the idea that it would be seen as such is troubling.

I also think some people perceive more harm than there really is. Then again, other people lack the perspective to perceive the harm that does exist. But the simple revelation of truth should be enough to remedy both the lie and the narrow perspective.

Yeah. Nothing wrong with calling people out for misleading people. Fine. Do it. Then be done with it. That's kinda different from what happened here. The lengths that people went through to Dox him amounts to stalking, and was ****ing creepy. I was quite disappointed that it doesn't break INGO rules to stalk members. I have no problem with people calling Cory out for lying like that. What happened here went way beyond that. It was far beyond a simple revelation of truth.

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    I didn't want to really reveal this , but. . .I was a U. S. Army Force Recon SEAL.

But, truth be told, I never had any time in the military. . .they wiped my DD214 for security's sake. I went right into CIA PM. Those guys were so strict on their training on me that they would never let me HALO into a hot DZ with anything more than a soda straw ( I know eight ways to kill a man with a soda straw. . .eleven if you leave the wrapper on ).

I remember this one time, I was supposed to HAHO into VC compound in the At-Ta'mim region of Afghanistan. But, the jumpmaster wouldn't let me step out the side-door of C160 because of an equipment problem with my 'chute. So, we had to completely wipe the initial insertion method and go with Plan B.

I didn't like it, it was risky. . .mainly because it meant that I stood a very high possibility of bending my straw. . .but I must fight onward to the objective!

So, the pilot headed for the new DZ. . .right smack in the middle of the MILF compound (get yer dirty heads out of your third point of contact! That's Moro Islamic Liberation Federation). He initially dropped to thirty feet off the tarmac, flying nap of the earth the entire way.

Then, a quarter mile from the center of the compound, he dropped to FIVE FEET and slowed the plane to 90 miles an hour! My only choice was to step right off that big, silver plane and into a viper's den of crazed muslim fanatics!!!

The rest, I can't tell you about. It's beyond MAJIC12 ULTRA COSMIC Secret Q level.

Let's just say, I was the only living thing to limp away from that engagement.

I do sorta feel bad, though. It was truly a one-sided engagement and I did have a distinctly unfair advantage.

You see. . .<sniff> . . . I sorta cheated. I took several boxes of Skittles with me.

I shouldn't really tell you this. God knows the NSA and NRO are watching all my posts, but. . .

A trained operator, with a few month's practice, can turn a Skittle and an appropriately-sized straw into a viciously deadly weapon. While I was obviously a gifted individual, I've seen Top Tier CAG guys whip out a mouthful of the fruity treats at rates as high as 900 SPM (that's Skittles-Per-Minute).

To this day, I have flashbacks whenever I hear a Skittles commercial (sometimes the Haribo Gummy Bear commercial causes it, too). I see myself, battered, bleeding, with my uniform half ripped from my torn body standing over the Skittle-riddled corpse of an Ansar Al-Sharia extremist, my foot on his chest and me screaming with colorful spittle erupting from my mouth:

"TASTE THE RAINBOW, *****!"

"TASTE. . .THE. . .RAINBOW!!!!!!!"

I'm sorry. . .I just can't continue. . . .the memories. . .THE MEMORIES!!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah. Nothing wrong with calling people out for misleading people. Fine. Do it. Then be done with it. That's kinda different from what happened here. The lengths that people went through to Dox him amounts to stalking, and was ****ing creepy. I was quite disappointed that it doesn't break INGO rules to stalk members. I have no problem with people calling Cory out for lying like that. What happened here went way beyond that. It was far beyond a simple revelation of truth.

Ah. That was before my time. But I would agree with you. If you've got time to stalk someone, you need a hobby. And I would say guns are a good hobby, but I don't know if I want stalkers playing with guns.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I didn't want to really reveal this , but. . .I was a U. S. Army Force Recon SEAL.

But, truth be told, I never had any time in the military. . .they wiped my DD214 for security's sake. I went right into CIA PM. Those guys were so strict on their training on me that they would never let me HALO into a hot DZ with anything more than a soda straw ( I know eight ways to kill a man with a soda straw. . .eleven if you leave the wrapper on ).

I remember this one time, I was supposed to HAHO into VC compound in the At-Ta'mim region of Afghanistan. But, the jumpmaster wouldn't let me step out the side-door of C160 because of an equipment problem with my 'chute. So, we had to completely wipe the initial insertion method and go with Plan B.

I didn't like it, it was risky. . .mainly because it meant that I stood a very high possibility of bending my straw. . .but I must fight onward to the objective!

So, the pilot headed for the new DZ. . .right smack in the middle of the MILF compound (get yer dirty heads out of your third point of contact! That's Moro Islamic Liberation Federation). He initially dropped to thirty feet off the tarmac, flying nap of the earth the entire way.

Then, a quarter mile from the center of the compound, he dropped to FIVE FEET and slowed the plane to 90 miles an hour! My only choice was to step right off that big, silver plane and into a viper's den of crazed muslim fanatics!!!

The rest, I can't tell you about. It's beyond MAJIC12 ULTRA COSMIC Secret Q level.

Let's just say, I was the only living thing to limp away from that engagement.

I do sorta feel bad, though. It was truly a one-sided engagement and I did have a distinctly unfair advantage.

You see. . .<sniff> . . . I sorta cheated. I took several boxes of Skittles with me.

I shouldn't really tell you this. God knows the NSA and NRO are watching all my posts, but. . .

A trained operator, with a few month's practice, can turn a Skittle and an appropriately-sized straw into a viciously deadly weapon. While I was obviously a gifted individual, I've seen Top Tier CAG guys whip out a mouthful of the fruity treats at rates as high as 900 SPM (that's Skittles-Per-Minute).

To this day, I have flashbacks whenever I hear a Skittles commercial (sometimes the Haribo Gummy Bear commercial causes it, too). I see myself, battered, bleeding, with my uniform half ripped from my torn body standing over the Skittle-riddled corpse of an Ansar Al-Sharia extremist, my foot on his chest and me screaming with colorful spittle erupting from my mouth:

"TASTE THE RAINBOW, *****!"

"TASTE. . .THE. . .RAINBOW!!!!!!!"

I'm sorry. . .I just can't continue. . . .the memories. . .THE MEMORIES!!

I know you're lying, because the only people using fruity candy are SEALs. The CAG guys all use Red Hots.

Top Bottom