Not open for further replies.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    That's why I've stopped trying to follow this thread. I pop in on like the 3rd to last page every few days or so, but that's it. I hear enough about Covid-19 on every tv show, every commercial break, every news story... It's gone past the point of being overwhelming. Sometimes ya just gotta take a deep breath and go do something else.

Maybe we could talk about religious freedom? :dunno:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't really care what you or anyone else calls it. I don't think its racist.

My only concern is when what it is called gets certain people beat up for no reason other than what influential people call it bringing out the worst in some.. Especially when there are alternative names that can perfectly identify it.

I haven't read about chickens getting beat up, ebolaites, Ross Riverites, Rocky Mountainites etc. I have read about Chinese Americans getting beat up. Reminds me of Japanese internment camps. Yes I realize there is a difference of scale but to the person getting spat on, smacked around, or beat up, it still hurts....needlessly.

We have the right to call it whatever we want. So call it whatever one wants.

As fast as this thread goes, we’re probably several pages past this, and probably several people have replied to this. But Imma say it anyway. This line of reasoning isn’t well thought out. I wish people would just drop it, because it’s kinda silly. No one’s calling it the “asian people virus”. Or even the Chinese people virus. That would be closer to something you might call racist, and even then it depends on what they’re saying. Calling it the Wuhan virus isn’t saying anything about race. Nothing. Race is not reasonably even reasonably inferred. So why bother inferring it when it’s not implied? I’ll cite two reasons:

1) people who don’t like the people who tend to say it, like to believe the most uncharitable things about those people.

2) it was reported on the news that Trump calls it the Wuhan virus because he’s a racist—can’t be any other reason.

Personally, I don’t generally call it the Wuhan virus, because that’s not the name the scientists gave it. If they named it the Wuhan virus I’d have zero problems calling it that. Naming it after ground zero is not racist, so please people, stop being so PC. It’s really unnecessary to bunch one’s panties over that. The only thing I would infer about the people who call it “Wuhan Virus” is that they want to note that this is where it originated.

No one’s saying that the blame for a virus is on an entire race. We shouldn’t have to be concerned that it causes some people to think conservatives are racist. Those people are idiots.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There are actually 11 Lions.

020.jpg

But....mostly, I like the nuns.

detroit-lions-cheerleaders-debut---september-18-2016-3bec1ecc8527f47e.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I wonder if we should apply some of the witch finding tactics of our ancestors?

All INGO people have a purple cape and white Nike’s on hand right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom