• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They're ideologically possessed. They can't see it any other way. Gun owners, and really, anyone who disagrees with them, are less than human.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Called it. Doesnt look like carrying a long gun at a counter protest is very helpful, does it? Just gets their panties wadded up and prevents any meaningful dialogue.

https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10155689682614092/

But by all means, if you wish to carry like this at a protest, (not a counter) go for it. (I still dont think it is very productive)

EDIT: Please tell me how doing this helped us in a constructive way. How did it help that hysterical woman learn about our side?
    That hysterical woman has no desire to learn about our side. If she did, she wouldn't have been hysterical. Instead she would have been having a civil conversation with him.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    That hysterical woman has no desire to learn about our side. If she did, she wouldn't have been hysterical. Instead she would have been having a civil conversation with him.

I was initially concerned about being looked at in a negative light if one chose to carry a rifle. However, in my opinion, this guy did nothing wrong and he handled himself well despite her raising her voice at him. I would say that if she was truly scared, she wouldn't have pushed him like she did. In her mind she saw an opportunity to take the moral high ground, vent her anger at someone she knew wouldn't strike back, and did so with a bunch of people on her "side" of the issue standing at her back.

There was no way she could be convinced to change her mind. However, I am hoping that some of the people around her thought she looked ridiculous and are now questioning whose side they support.

A message I received from someone on the other side of the picket line.

View attachment 65281

This is is how we will be heard, and even respected - by being reasonable. This is why I personally don’t see the value of OC at rallies/protests when the press/public will be present.

While it was nice she reached out to you, I personally wouldn't trust it. These people know that can't outlaw the 2nd Amendment overnight. They NEED gun owners to be lulled to sleep and support their "compromises." They can't pass gun control without our support. If they can chip away at the 2nd Amendment here and there, by being "reasonable" then they will still achieve their desired result, i.e. an outright ban on weapons in private hands. Ban open carry, 30 round magazines, scary looking rifles, etc. You know, the "extreme" stuff first in order to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    I'm glad I went to the counter-protest and got to meet some cool folks but I will say that the magnitude of ignorance from the protesters is absolutely astounding. It's clear that most (if not all) of them are incredibly uneducated on the matter that they are trying to force.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm glad I went to the counter-protest and got to meet some cool folks but I will say that the magnitude of ignorance from the protesters is absolutely astounding. It's clear that most (if not all) of them are incredibly uneducated on the matter that they are trying to force.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yup.
    It's like someone taking the place of a pilot, because he read how to fly on the internet.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Heck. It is more like because they read about these things called planes. They never get to the how to part.

True.
    I "love it" when someone that's never touched a gun, learned about them, or had to defend themselves start to lecture me that I "don't know what it takes".

Then there was the.. if you wanted to play with guns you shoulda joined the military.
    To which I laugh, and tell them I DID.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True.
    I "love it" when someone that's never touched a gun, learned about them, or had to defend themselves start to lecture me that I "don't know what it takes".

Then there was the.. if you wanted to play with guns you shoulda joined the military.
    To which I laugh, and tell them I DID.

Experts. Everybody is one these days.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I do want to preface that our fellow INGOer who was carrying the rifle did nothing wrong or illegal. I was in a patrol car the entire time so I was constantly driving around the entire complex. I initially thought he might have been exchanging yells with others but I now think I was totally wrong. There were a few of my unit always nearby him while he was walking just to make sure nothing popped off. I am looking forward to working the April 14th detail ;)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Called it. Doesnt look like carrying a long gun at a counter protest is very helpful, does it? Just gets their panties wadded up and prevents any meaningful dialogue.

https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10155689682614092/

But by all means, if you wish to carry like this at a protest, (not a counter) go for it. (I still dont think it is very productive)

EDIT: Please tell me how doing this helped us in a constructive way. How did it help that hysterical woman learn about our side?

Did you read the comments? From what I could tell they were at a minimum 20 to 1 in favor of the guy.

And that woman wasn't hysterical, screechy, thought she was in the right, yes. If she was hysterical she wouldn't of went up to him with one of her kids in her arms and another one standing by her side and yelling at him and pushing him around.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did you read the comments? From what I could tell they were at a minimum 20 to 1 in favor of the guy.

And that woman wasn't hysterical, screechy, thought she was in the right, yes. If she was hysterical she wouldn't of went up to him with one of her kids in her arms and another one standing by her side and yelling at him and pushing him around.

Regardless of the comments, still, honestly scared or not, it illustrates my point. Was she conversing with our side? Having dialogue? Making forward progress? NOPE!

Would she possibly be swayed without an AR present? Maybe. Or maybe not. But I absolutely guarantee with that big black triggering object on his back any chance, no matter how infinitesimal was out the window. That absolutely killed any chance, no matter how remote that she might actually have a level headed exchange with our side.

We need more of our wives at these events. I could envision Mom45, Snapdragon or another having that estrogen "in" and being able to say "Hey, come here. Lets walk over here away from him (the scary man) and talk civilly, mom to mom. Lets have a conversation." Would it change her mind? Probably not. But there is a chance. I know Mrs Monkey would try.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Regardless of the comments, still, honestly scared or not, it illustrates my point. Was she conversing with our side? Having dialogue? Making forward progress? NOPE!

Would she possibly be swayed without an AR present? Maybe. Or maybe not. But I absolutely guarantee with that big black triggering object on his back any chance, no matter how infinitesimal was out the window. That absolutely killed any chance, no matter how remote that she might actually have a level headed exchange with our side.

We need more of our wives at these events. I could envision Mom45, Snapdragon or another having that estrogen "in" and being able to say "Hey, come here. Lets walk over here away from him (the scary man) and talk civilly, mom to mom. Lets have a conversation." Would it change her mind? Probably not. But there is a chance. I know Mrs Monkey would try.

You hit the nail on the head. Anything whomever the person was holding the AR went in one ear, and out the other. Nothing he was going to say was not going to get any traction. If he tried to engage without a weapon would she have been acting the same way? Some may disagree, but honestly, she probably would not have. You might not have had any traction either way, but the possibility was there.

How many people here know formerly rabid anti-gun people? I'm betting more than a few. And I bet some of us have made converts. Did you convert them with a "deal with it attitude?" I certainly didn't. I started out with jokes and "well, look at it this way" conversation. Followed by their reluctant acceptance with a trip to the range. Eventually that "rabid" anti... isn't so anti at all. Doesn't work all the time, but happens more often than not... and certainly more often than the "Yeah, so, it's my right so deal with it" attitude... which is a non-starter.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I just don't understand her hysteria. It's born from blind ignorance. We did get a 911 call of a "man with a gun" in front of the Statehouse...sigh. Of course we knew who the caller was referring to so there was no need to respond. We also had reports of people trying to grab the Gadsden flag from one of the guys there that was carrying it. We have no tolerance for that behavior. I thought it would have been more prudent to NOT have a mag in the rifle he was carrying. Maybe even chamber flagged. But to each their own.

She was upset because the man with the assault rifle was screaming obscenities at the children who were present.
    At least that’s the claim on Facebook. But no one has yet identified the frightened children nor the specific obscenities that were screamed.

Ive known people who have experienced a great deal of difficulty for libelous posting on Facebook.

I’d love to see it here.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    She was upset because the man with the assault rifle was screaming obscenities at the children who were present.
    At least that’s the claim on Facebook. But no one has yet identified the frightened children nor the specific obscenities that were screamed.

Ive known people who have experienced a great deal of difficulty for libelous posting on Facebook.

I’d love to see it here.

I didn't hear any obscenities from our side - at worst, perhaps only in retort after several were screamed at us, in our faces;
    (no retorts like that by me; but I cant speak for others)

Getting MOMS involved is why INDIANA MOMS AGAINST GUN CONTROL was founded - granted most of the mom's have had to move on with their lives
    or got tired of the threats - but I still converse with them - they make sure I'm putting out valid - pertinent info

And they've in the past been w/ me at the rallies and counter rallies.
    (almost all of them / us were at Feb 8 2013, and then we held 4 or 5 of our own across the state)

more later. I gotta get "real paying crap" done.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle

I originally had your viewpoint. However, after I have had some time to think about it, I have changed my mind a bit. I can see myself showing up to a counterrally with my AR15 on my shoulder, magazine well empty, and the bolt locked back. At no time would the rifle ever be in my hands and I would never get angry or scream profanity at the other "side." I would be there to educate the other side(if they were to approach wanting conversation) and my rifle could be a useful prop to achieve that end.

This could very well be these Marchers first look at an AR15 outside of movies and MSM. Showing one securely over my shoulder in a nonthreatening manner could be useful for educational purposes. Again, I'm not saying I would do it for sure but I could see myself doing this eventually.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Put a dowel or cleaning rod in the barrel with a sign saying.

I will take
    You
    to the Range
    and teach you
    GUN SAFETY

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Anybody see the story on Fox 59 website? Photographer also covered the women's march. That took 30 seconds to find out, no mention in the story

Top Bottom