• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Guarantee you never converted someone that attended anti gun rallies.

Owning guns doesn't make you pro 2A.
    Never said I did, nor tried.
    It also isn't the hard core anti-gun people we need to work on
    This is where I concentrate my time. If you think that the small minority that think like you do is enough to stop the anti-gun nonsense, more power to you. I don't, and I will continue to try to educate people and expose them to guns.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Never said I did, nor tried.

This is where I concentrate my time. If you think that the small minority that think like you do is enough to stop the anti-gun nonsense, more power to you. I don't, and I will continue to try to educate people and expose them to guns.

I definitely don't so I focus on convincing the silent majority of gun owners to actually get involved. I waste very little time trying to convince or convert anti's

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My point was that the extremists will never be changed, however there are some that we can pull back from the edge and change their minds even slightly. That one person I convince that not all guns are bad is one less person calling for an outright ban. How is that not good? Is it great? No. But it beats a sharp stick in the eye.

If I have a choice of the above or nothing, I'll take moderating some antis.

Take that times all of us and yes we will make a serious dent if there are that many we can pull back.
    Now Joe sits on the couch does nothing is of zero help in this. He who has a gun and never trains/shoots but carry's.
    No knock on Joe but we all need to make a positive move. All of us.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A couple of anecdotes just to show it is possible. I am sure that there are many here who can tell similar stories.

Last month I took a friend to the range who had not shot since he was an MP close to 40 years ago.

The next week I helped him apply for His LTCH on line.

He got his LTCH, so we went to the range to rent some compact 9's to see what he wants to buy.

He is just about set on the Shield 2.0.

We will go to the range and rent a few more and he will decide.

I used to visit in Chicago for my Church and bring families to Church on a bus.

One family that I reached were a prison guard, his wife and 5 kids.

The wife Dina would not allow Joe to bring his service revolver in the house,

She was a CPS teacher and steeped in the Chicago anti gun culture.

It was not nearly the first misconception about life that I helped her work through, But one day we worked through the logic of the matter and it was amazing to see the emotional fear dissolve before before my eyes.

I must say that she was an extremely intelligent woman who i had the pleasure to see transform from a progressive to a conservative over several years.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    A couple of anecdotes just to show it is possible. I am sure that there are many here who can tell similar stories.

Last month I took a friend to the range who had not shot since he was an MP close to 40 years ago.

The next week I helped him apply for His LTCH on line.

He got his LTCH, so we went to the range to rent some compact 9's to see what he wants to buy.

He is just about set on the Shield 2.0.

We will go to the range and rent a few more and he will decide.

I used to visit in Chicago for my Church and bring families to Church on a bus.

One family that I reached were a prison guard, his wife and 5 kids.

The wife Dina would not allow Joe to bring his service revolver in the house,

She was a CPS teacher and steeped in the Chicago anti gun culture.

It was not nearly the first misconception about life that I helped her work through, But one day we worked through the logic of the matter and it was amazing to see the emotional fear dissolve before before my eyes.

I must say that she was an extremely intelligent woman who i had the pleasure to see transform from a progressive to a conservative over several years.

Why am I always out of REP - great post.

I'm busy ... 2A event other stuff - work ...

I've converted an anti- who I was surprised was - She now has her LTCH and a G42 ... though I dont' think she's carried it anywhere yet.
    There is still much work to be done ... but I'm not done and never will quit - since she (at times) refers to me as "DAD".

I've also staved off an person going full anti - 2 or 3 time - early on - after sandy hook - when someone posted "assault hammers" non-sense.
    These people didn't get and I took time - long detailed conversations - because they had NO CLUE - what the reason for the "AssHamm" was -
    I may not have kept them from going anti- immediately - but I gave them a lot of info to think about.

And they admitted they needed to learn a lot more - I tried to point them to proper, reliable resources.

Is this easy? NOPE. Is it FAST? NOPE. ...

I've shared before (though not all here have seen it maybe) that the whole 3% thing is about "3% traditionally" held to have taken the field against the british - (total was about 6%) - what not recalled is that a large segment (I have read 10%) of the colonist LEFT after Britain lost; remaining loyal to the Crown - A vast majority supported liberty - or were neutral - but remained ... seeing the benefit - the "87%" - well it may be less than 87% -
    (and we're less than .003% (by my research) ... ) - But it is the disinterested and semi-interested but not convinced of the 87% - that we need to change the opinions of -

That's all of us collectively - and our mission here - starts with getting other gun owners out of their own way - as we reach that mythical 87% -

we have 3 paths to choose -
    1. Continue to do nothing and watch Freedom and our Rights (remember those? they were fun in our youth, weren't they?)
    . . . this is for the people that aren't out there - and I know most of the folks "actually" participating in this thread are in some way. so
    . . . . or I hope they are -

AND WE WATCH THEM FADE QUICKLY AWAY ... this is not acceptable to me or to most of us ...

OR 2. Petition, March, Rally, Talk, Get People to the range and do the hard frustrating work - of the system we have - that
    are supposed to protect our rights - and use them - to the best of what remains - to fight, argue and persist - for the proper restoration of our freedoms - to show the future generations what this system is and the best parts of it; and fix / repair what is broken.
    It is a long hard boring - slow - mind numbing stressful task ... but the 3rd road - which may be needed anyway ...

3. We wait and prep for the fight that most of us pray doesn't come; because enough of us know that that isn't pretty and may well consume our posterity - who if we don't do 2 would simply squander it away again - even if we/ they did win ...

I don't do all this stuff and pour all this effort out for me, or even my Daughter, who I still struggle to get to see the whole picture and I kick myself for not being more sure to explain this when she was a bit younger (though entering her world when she was 14 was a bit of a chore anyway, "dad" is an earned term of endearment.) - I DO all this for my grandsons and their generations. ... because we've been handed the remnants of what we should have; and it is up to us to put it back together.

and if that makes sense more power to ya'll you now speak "bill-speak." that's like 3 posts in 1 ... Later ya'll

Top Bottom