• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    Still on the fence about going to the Indy rally w/adult son. I don't FB or any other social media. Weighing pros and cons. Biggest issue will be the teens with a whole different agenda in mind under the cloak of "school kids lives matter" protest.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I don't understand. What do other teens with a different agenda have to do with anything? We aren't there to confront anyone or even interact with those people in any way. Simply show ourselves, hang out and fellowship a bit with fellow gun owners who are willing to take some time in support of their 2nd Amendment rights.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't understand. What do other teens with a different agenda have to do with anything? We aren't there to confront anyone or even interact with those people in any way. Simply show ourselves, hang out and fellowship a bit with fellow gun owners who are willing to take some time in support of their 2nd Amendment rights.

The concern I believe is them being triggered and confronting us for daring to have an opinion counter to theirs.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    The concern I believe is them being triggered and confronting us for daring to have an opinion counter to theirs.

This. There is a good chance someone amongst the crowd that would love to instigate anarchy.All it will take is 1 idiot to chuck a rock and things escalate from there. Media will put a spin to fit their narrative.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This. There is a good chance someone amongst the crowd that would love to instigate anarchy.All it will take is 1 idiot to chuck a rock and things escalate from there. Media will put a spin to fit their narrative.

I think this is kinda old-school thinking. Network news isn't the only news anymore. They can't control the narrative to the extent they formerly could. What really happens tends to get exposed via social media.

Remember the narrative we were fed about Clinton's health? The media tried to spin it that she just got overheated/dehydrated. We'd have never known the truth if it hadn't been for an independent journalist there videotaping her convulsing, collapsing, and being stuffed, practically unconscious, into the van.

Both sides can still successfully spin things to their own side, who are eager to believe convenient things. But as long as there are people there to expose the inconvenient truths, the truth can get out there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think this is kinda old-school thinking. Network news isn't the only news anymore. They can't control the narrative to the extent they formerly could. What really happens tends to get exposed via social media.

Remember the narrative we were fed about Clinton's health? The media tried to spin it that she just got overheated/dehydrated. We'd have never known the truth if it hadn't been for an independent journalist there videotaping her convulsing, collapsing, and being stuffed, practically unconscious, into the van.

Both sides can still successfully spin things to their own side, who are eager to believe convenient things. But as long as there are people there to expose the inconvenient truths, the truth can get out there.

which reminds me, if you go, record everything. You need your own copy of the interaction for your protection. Because it is not unheard of for that side to edit their video to support their narrative. Not that I consider myself articulate enough to do an interview, but if I did, you betcha I'll have my own recorder running to document reality.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    which reminds me, if you go, record everything. You need your own copy of the interaction for your protection. Because it is not unheard of for that side to edit their video to support their narrative. Not that I consider myself articulate enough to do an interview, but if I did, you betcha I'll have my own recorder running to document reality.

It's really damning when you see video evidence of manipulating stories. If you're interviewed and the interviewer does a dishonest edit job, post their version and your version side by side on social media and share it with everyone you can think of. Not just friends but other media sites.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

Part of the concern for the pro 2A counter rallies is that Left Stream Media - will blatantly lie (Been there Victim of that) ... and then the generally anti-gun MSM picks up that story and runs it ...

Those that honestly support and listen to our side are few - and sometimes - their bosses ideals take precedent too ...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Part of the concern for the pro 2A counter rallies is that Left Stream Media - will blatantly lie (Been there Victim of that) ... and then the generally anti-gun MSM picks up that story and runs it ...

Those that honestly support and listen to our side are few - and sometimes - their bosses ideals take precedent too ...

They're gonna lie whether we're there or not. Look at the shoes on the WH lawn. That's a lie of omission. It's also a lie in that they juxtaposed that with news and commentary on gun violence which dishonestly links the two.

If we're not there. Okay. Fine. the narrative will be what they want it to be. If we're there. Then we're part of it too. And we have a side to voice too. And we have social media to voice it.

I've talked to enough moderates to know that nearly all of them who say they favor laws against "Assault Weapons" generally change their minds after they've heard the other side of it. I think a lot of them hear how horrible is the NRA, gun owners, 2A supporting congressmen, and kinda believe that when it's the only thing they've heard. I think we need to give people as many opportunities to hear our side of it.

Right now, the main thing they need to hear, is that we're not the monsters we're purported to be. We're all human. We all mourn. We all care. We work and have families just like them. It's a small minority of people saying all these things about us, but the people saying it have really big platforms to say it on. The only real platform we have is social media. And that's hopefully good enough.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Guys - I spoke with the Chief, Asst. Chief, and Captain of Valpo PD, along with the City Attorney and the City Administrator (yeah, a lot of people lol). We mapped out the protest area, confirmed parking, and discussed security parameters.

First of all, they were VERY happy that this will be a conceal-carry only event, and that we are going to be conducting ourselves in a peaceful manner. He showed me a map of the protest area, showed me the "March for Our Lives" path and assembly area. We will maintain a bit of a buffer zone from the march, but we will still be very close - just next to city hall on Napoleon Street and Lincolnway. We also decided that we will park at the new Chicago Dash parking lot, as there will be TONS of parking there.

Even more importantly: I went to City Hall and was greeted and thanked by the receptionist - she was very happy that we were putting on the counter-protest. Another woman overheard our conversation, and came out of the clerk's office to shake my hand, and thanked me for putting on pro-2A rally. I was a little taken off guard, but I thanked them and we continued to talk. It turns out that neither of them were gun owners but they fully support our right to own a gun, and were happy that we would be represented.

Now imagine if we were planning on open-carrying rifles to this counter protest in camouflage - do you think we would win these people's support? The plain fact is that the majority of people in this country are not staunchly pro-2A or anti-2A - they are on the fence (including many of my friends). By conducting ourselves in a peaceful and professional manner, being heard, and providing sound arguments for individual liberty, we are already winning people to our side. I urge everyone coming, and who otherwise supports our Second Amendment, to PLEASE do the same.

We can beat these collectivists' ignorance. Freedom will prevail.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Guys - I spoke with the Chief, Asst. Chief, and Captain of Valpo PD, along with the City Attorney and the City Administrator (yeah, a lot of people lol). We mapped out the protest area, confirmed parking, and discussed security parameters.

First of all, they were VERY happy that this will be a conceal-carry only event, and that we are going to be conducting ourselves in a peaceful manner. He showed me a map of the protest area, showed me the "March for Our Lives" path and assembly area. We will maintain a bit of a buffer zone from the march, but we will still be very close - just next to city hall on Napoleon Street and Lincolnway. We also decided that we will park at the new Chicago Dash parking lot, as there will be TONS of parking there.

Even more importantly: I went to City Hall and was greeted and thanked by the receptionist - she was very happy that we were putting on the counter-protest. Another woman overheard our conversation, and came out of the clerk's office to shake my hand, and thanked me for putting on pro-2A rally. I was a little taken off guard, but I thanked them and we continued to talk. It turns out that neither of them were gun owners but they fully support our right to own a gun, and were happy that we would be represented.

Now imagine if we were planning on open-carrying rifles to this counter protest in camouflage - do you think we would win these people's support? The plain fact is that the majority of people in this country are not staunchly pro-2A or anti-2A - they are on the fence (including many of my friends). By conducting ourselves in a peaceful and professional manner, being heard, and providing sound arguments for individual liberty, we are already winning people to our side. I urge everyone coming, and who otherwise supports our Second Amendment, to PLEASE do the same.

We can beat these collectivists' ignorance. Freedom will prevail.

When's the Free Spech rally? Lol j/k

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They're gonna lie whether we're there or not. Look at the shoes on the WH lawn. That's a lie of omission. It's also a lie in that they juxtaposed that with news and commentary on gun violence which dishonestly links the two.

If we're not there. Okay. Fine. the narrative will be what they want it to be. If we're there. Then we're part of it too. And we have a side to voice too. And we have social media to voice it.

I've talked to enough moderates to know that nearly all of them who say they favor laws against "Assault Weapons" generally change their minds after they've heard the other side of it. I think a lot of them hear how horrible is the NRA, gun owners, 2A supporting congressmen, and kinda believe that when it's the only thing they've heard. I think we need to give people as many opportunities to hear our side of it.

Right now, the main thing they need to hear, is that we're not the monsters we're purported to be. We're all human. We all mourn. We all care. We work and have families just like them. It's a small minority of people saying all these things about us, but the people saying it have really big platforms to say it on. The only real platform we have is social media. And that's hopefully good enough.

I've converted a few. They've even been shooting them, which further cemented my counter-argument.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When you shoot them. I would think the counter-argument is moot.

Reading or hearing something is one level of knowledge.
    Physical touch is another.

Just like trade schools that teach in a classroom, then move out into a "hands on" demonstration.
    The "hands on" will cement the knowledge better.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think you'd be right if the counter protest is a bunch of people who look and act exactly like the straw monsters they portray us to be. But if the people who show up to counterprotest are the average gun owning family types who only seek to draw a stark contrast between the monsters they say we are and the people we really are, that INVALIDATES the narrative.

Rising to the bait is going there with ARs slung over our backs, dressed head to toe in black or camo 511s, carrying signs that say stuff like, "what don't you understand about 'shall not be infringed'?!".

What, like carrying an FDE AR-15 in a non-threatening manner while wearing matching business casual attire with khaki pants?

There’s a middle ground; I guess we can’t trust each other enough to stay within it. Personally, I find self-imposed restrictions on lawful carry disgraceful. Not to mention the potential social media value of a calm AR carrier being verbally (and maybe physically) abused by a wacko anti.

If it goes off without a hitch they will claim victory because we left our guns home.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom