• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    The drug abuse/addiction will be a mitigating factor in their sentencing.
    The insanity of naming the baby girl, before drowning her, is beyond my comprehension.

R.I.P. Kayleen Lee

Legally... with POS liberal prosecutors, and lawyers... yeah, probably. Especially these days.

In reality, where that drug use was a personal conscious choice... Oh hell no. No such thing as a "mitigating factor".

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    That was my point as well. Worth it once it’s all said and done, absolutely.

After being told we would never have children, we looked into the Adoption process in Michigan did interviews etc. The whole process was overly burdensome even for someone with clearances.

Finally we decided enough time under the microscope and ceased the process. My wife decided to purchase that Two door Honda Civic SI and one month later we were scheduling prenatal visits!
    Congratulations! Our story also has a sequel; we have a biological son that is 5 years younger than our adopted daughter. Mrs. oze's Ob-Gyn told us then that we should have bought a Power Ball ticket, because our odds of winning were better than our odds of conceiving. Still, I got some strange looks buying condoms at the age of 42, and at the urologist's for the snip snip surgery. God has a great sense of humor! :)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Congratulations! Our story also has a sequel; we have a biological son that is 5 years younger than our adopted daughter. Mrs. oze's Ob-Gyn told us then that we should have bought a Power Ball ticket, because our odds of winning were better than our odds of conceiving. Still, I got some strange looks buying condoms at the age of 42, and at the urologist's for the snip snip surgery. God has a great sense of humor! :)
    I honestly believe that if you are not a parent you can not fully understand God’s greatest gift.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I really don't get bothered by much in the news these days but I can't even bring myself to read stories like this - people preying on the most innocent of souls.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I honestly believe that if you are not a parent you can not fully understand God’s greatest gift.
    There is some truth to this. With the wide range of human ability to empathize a blanket statement like this is wrong.

But, my wife died in 2007 from cancer. We have 3 daughters, 2 still in school when she died. Never imagined I would be dating in my mid 50's. You don't get to that age without baggage. Met lots of women with and w/o kids. One I got serious about after almost a year who never had children. I have to say without children they were used to doing whatever they wanted without hinderance. It was a stretch to consider me because I am more than happy being a Dad and willingly accept the job. The above mentioned serious girl and I split when I realized she just couldn't commit to the girls despite what she said. My choice, and the right choice for both of us.

Almost immediately I met the love of my life and my stepson, who could have been mine by birth. We act alike and have had many adventures. Daughters idolize her.

As to the OP, I can't wrap my head around killing a child for any reason let alone my convenience. Not sure I would be the right person to be on their jury. I couldn't handle it.

Don

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    There is some truth to this. With the wide range of human ability to empathize a blanket statement like this is wrong.

But, my wife died in 2007 from cancer. We have 3 daughters, 2 still in school when she died. Never imagined I would be dating in my mid 50's. You don't get to that age without baggage. Met lots of women with and w/o kids. One I got serious about after almost a year who never had children. I have to say without children they were used to doing whatever they wanted without hinderance. It was a stretch to consider me because I am more than happy being a Dad and willingly accept the job. The above mentioned serious girl and I split when I realized she just couldn't commit to the girls despite what she said. My choice, and the right choice for both of us.

Almost immediately I met the love of my life and my stepson, who could have been mine by birth. We act alike and have had many adventures. Daughters idolize her.

As to the OP, I can't wrap my head around killing a child for any reason let alone my convenience. Not sure I would be the right person to be on their jury. I couldn't handle it.

Don
    Parents one that raises a child, not necessarily a sperm or egg donor, not to be crude but a parent.

So I am unsure if you are agreeing with my opinion or indicating it’s a false belief? I do not consider it a blanket statement as stated my belief. There is a difference between empathy and knowing what someone has gone through.

I can express my heartfelt concern for your loss, but never having experienced it I can not know what it was like.

As far as jury selection everyone has their limits. People are different, I would have no issue sitting on that jury and could do so in good conscious.

I hate to say it but I have been hardened to a lot of things in life, you learn to internalize and rely on your support system.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Don
    Sorry about your losing your wife, but I am glad that you and your kids met another person to love and who loves you.

I'm watching a Korean series on Netflix about an attorney who is on the Autism Spectrum. In one episode, a wise man about my age (mid-60s) with adult children said something that struck me as profound:
    "When you get to be my age, you sometimes look at your children as the report card of your life".

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Sorry about your losing your wife, but I am glad that you and your kids met another person to love and who loves you.

I'm watching a Korean series on Netflix about an attorney who is on the Autism Spectrum. In one episode, a wise man about my age (mid-60s) with adult children said something that struck me as profound:
    "When you get to be my age, you sometimes look at your children as the report card of your life".
    Although my wife and I are shall we say a bit younger than you, we look at our son as an indicator of our efforts as parents. Our son has followed in dad’s footsteps. We are so proud of him. 7 days and counting and we will be picking him up from the Island.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

Yes!! I look to our kids for proof it was worth it all.
    Not to brag, stepson is a Rose Hulman grad Chemical Engineer. Getting married soon to a beautiful girl who is a PHD in vocal music. Daughter #1 is an ICU RN, married to an Electrical Engineer. #2 is a Purdue grad in IT, married to another IT, they make huge $.

Couldn't be happier.

Don

Last edited:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Parents one that raises a child, not necessarily a sperm or egg donor, not to be crude but a parent.

So I am unsure if you are agreeing with my opinion or indicating it’s a false belief? I do not consider it a blanket statement as stated my belief. There is a difference between empathy and knowing what someone has gone through.

I can express my heartfelt concern for your loss, but never having experienced it I can not know what it was like.

As far as jury selection everyone has their limits. People are different, I would have no issue sitting on that jury and could do so in good conscious.

I hate to say it but I have been hardened to a lot of things in life, you learn to internalize and rely on your support system.
    I guess what I was trying to say is that I would have a very hard opinion of the parents guilt before any evidence was presented.

Don

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    My adopted daughter would probably give you a hug if you ever met. She uses the terms "biological father/mother" or "birth mother". She has told Mrs. oze and I that we are her parents, and she'll go out of her way to correct people who get it wrong.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Although my wife and I are shall we say a bit younger than you, we look at our son as an indicator of our efforts as parents. Our son has followed in dad’s footsteps. We are so proud of him. 7 days and counting and we will be picking him up from the Island.
    Enjoy his graduation, what fun. Stop in and see the museum on base. A few good restaurants in town. Two weeks leave before SOI? His MOS?
    Edit.
    Were you east or west?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom