• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    $3 for an AR-15 training mag. I bought a Rubbermaid tub of G3 mags in Indy for $1 a mag. Remember paying $50 for all they had.

So if you take all of your cheap mags you can trade them for guns. 5 mags for an auto loader. they get $125,you get a gun for $5-$10.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This tactic was tried and failed some time back by an Ingo member. The church and LEO did not take kindly to his being there. Probably not the best idea

Why do they get to set the rules for everyone else?

LEGAL activity. LEGAL sales.

Church and any upset LEO involved need to get bent.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Are there people actually selling them to the church to have them melted down? If so, why would they do that for only $100.00 or is it because it's possible that they just don't trust themselves?:dunno:

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    What's Crawfordsville like? I have never been there. Poor or Rich? Demographics?
    I swear our nation is a "bandwagon mentality" country. Someone starts whining about their cause and everyone wants to hop on and do a MeToo movement and outshine the other bandwagoners.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would definitely NOT be giving money to that church and would be pissed if I had.

Businesses are one thing, churches quite another. If the church is legitimately trying to save souls, I'm never going to regret having given them money. Churches have their own understandings of trying to root out evil and save lives. It's not odd at all that a church can hold this position.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are there people actually selling them to the church to have them melted down? If so, why would they do that for only $100.00 or is it because it's possible that they just don't trust themselves?:dunno:

Do they have to do 4473's for every transfer of ownership?

ETA: I'm guessing 'no' since they'll probably be all in-state transfers.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a line on 2A Arms 30rd mags for under $7 each, If we get $25 gift cards, depending on the type, that’s $18 profit per mag? Me thinks I’m gonna order a hundred or so and bankrupt these ****s?

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Man if it were not for the fact that I DETEST :xmad: anything anti-gun. I would take my old beater rusted single shot which is not even safe to shoot and turn it in for the $100.00 gift card. But I just cannot support such action as a gun buyback. I would rather see my old beater sit in the barn and continue to decay.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Seems like a good way to get rid of a gun that was used in a crime.
    Gun gets melted, no more evidence, bad guy gets free $100 grocery card, sells card for $75, buys drugs, gets high.
    Everyone wins!

:)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It just occurred to me, if you're a liberal church (which like many main-line denominations, Presbyterians are becoming) and you're having trouble filling the pews, this might be just the publicity you need to attract other liberals to your congregation.

Top Bottom