• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man if it were not for the fact that I DETEST :xmad: anything anti-gun. I would take my old beater rusted single shot which is not even safe to shoot and turn it in for the $100.00 gift card. But I just cannot support such action as a gun buyback. I would rather see my old beater sit in the barn and continue to decay.
    I’ll take it to them! Anyone have any junk unwanted Jennings, Bryce, Jimenez, etc. $69 new guns they wanna sell? I figure everyone of these we bankrupt is one less to deal with. If your gat has a body on it, come one, come all!

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Any money not given to gun owners turning stuff in will be donated to “organizations supporting common sense gun laws”. I wish I had a pile of el-crap-o stuff laying around to get “bought back”. Easy way to keep money out of anti 2nd groups $25 at a time.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    ^^^ That makes for a whole different twist... I say take all the mags you can boys. Keep turning them in till they are out of money and turn you away.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    ^^^ That makes for a whole different twist... I say take all the mags you can boys. Keep turning them in till they are out of money and turn you away.
    Group buy on $7 mags? Hell I have a hundred NIW MOE Pmags I have $8 and change in just sitting there?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I watched the couple sponsoring this event on the nightly news, the moonbeams clearly want "Assault Style Type" rifles, and "High Capacity" magazines for the $100 and $25 gift cards, so another DA would have to show up with some type AR/AK/FAL/HK/SKS, to get the $100 card, and what they think a HI Capacity mag is, is beyond me.

Vigilant, if it was possible, maybe a 2nd amendment game day type parking lot BBQ, to watch the show, Nah maybe not as I bet there will be little business, after grandpa and his .22 chipmomk rusty barn rifle, gets turned away, and his two or three Jennings/Raven/Bryco arms magazines are rejected too.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I can print a AR lower in a day, I bet I can get that time down a lot by not printing it solid. I wonder what they would say if I showed up with 15-20 lowers?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The Crawfordsville area residents I have encountered seem normal. They are dangerously close to Illinois which may explain the unusual behavior. IMO the Crawfordsville Police should run the numbers on the “guns” and people turning them in.
    How many are stolen? In addition how many prohibited people are going to be turning them in?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is a great way to help the homeless. Round up every one you can and give them 1 or 2 30 round mags to turn in.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It seems that I recall discussion whether Government could do this in Indiana. Kirk, lawyers &al.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Crawfordsville area residents I have encountered seem normal. They are dangerously close to Illinois which may explain the unusual behavior. IMO the Crawfordsville Police should run the numbers on the “guns” and people turning them in.
    How many are stolen? In addition how many prohibited people are going to be turning them in?

I know some folks who live out that way. They are OK. Just folks.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    They are dangerously close to Illinois which may explain the unusual behavior.

No.

Illinois.jpg

It's not an Illinois problem. It's mostly a Chicago problem.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have never seen a sponsored firearms buy back that did not have surveillance, some type of CI operations, and or vehicle tag monitoring.
    You think you are just going to take that rusty Marlin model 60 found in granddads barn into that parking lot, hand it over, and get your gift card........

OK.

Now then, I am all for said, lets say legal confidential investigations where upon some one checks said turned in firearm (s) serial number(s) against records, to see if said no questions asked rusty barn rifle may have been stolen or used in a crime.

That's how it starts, here sign here for the gift card, may we see your drivers license before we give you a Kroger coupon, oh your plate, your vehicle, everybody with you, smile your on camera.

Now when I was in the Seattle Wa area while stationed in the Army at Ft Lewis, they had a $250 a rifle buy back once and a dealer brought in a whole truck load of $49 (back then SKS rifles), made a killing that day he did.

Top Bottom