• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Even if the interpreter passed a background check, they wouldn't be the "actual purchaser of the firearm", so they would be lying on a Federal document. My understanding is that the ONLY exception to that is a parent buying a firearm for their son or daughter.
    So you think I could not buy a gun and give it as a gift to my brother?

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    So you think I could not buy a gun and give it as a gift to my brother?
    If you buy a firearm as a gift, then YOU are the actual purchaser. That is completely legal. If your brother gave you the money to buy it and you fill out the 4473 then your brother would be the actual purchaser and you would be committing a felony, even if your brother was able to pass a background check.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I occasionally have a friend ask me something along the lines of "hey, if you are at a gun show and you see one of these guns I'm looking for at a good price could you buy it for me?". I always tell them that I will call them if I see a good deal, but I WON'T buy it for them. That is probably one of the most common, seemingly innocent things that can turn two otherwise law-abiding firearm owners into criminals. The laws are confusing, and there is even misunderstanding and misinterpretation among law enforcement (and occasionally even BATFE agents). A friend of mine who has been in the firearms industry for a couple decades longer than I have once told me that any type of determination of law that you get from the BATFE should be in writing or it is essentially meaningless (leagally speaking).

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Love the countless pictures in the bs article showing the same 20 people over and over again to give the impression there was a lot more protestors than there actually was. Nothing like the usual deceit from the media we've all grown to expect

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I didn't read the article with a fine-tooth comb but I don't know that it says any paperwork was ever filled out.
    I'm not sure it ever says the "dealer "was an actual "FFL dealer "maybe just an "individual"?
    Someone suggested an open carry rifle event in answer to the protest .I can't see how a bunch of guys with rifles standing outside a gun show are going to get much attention...
    I guess you guys know better than me, though.

Top Bottom