• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    For the record, none of this is real in any way. It's based on a dream I had last night.

I'll list out the details as I can remember them, but feel free to ask questions if you think it's important. Some details are omitted to make it more interesting, unless you think to ask for them.

You're an investigator called to the scene of a shooting. It's one of those ramshackle apartments you tend to find in college towns, where an oddly-shaped hallway has been haphazardly turned into a "bedroom", and the whole thing is carved out of a large, older house so that there's a couple of apartments in the building. Tenants in the other unit called in the shooting.

In just such a makeshift bedroom, there is a mattress on the floor. Dead on the mattress is a huge black male, mid 20's, heavily muscled, about 275 pounds, shot 5 times through the head with a .38. He is naked, in a seated position with a blanket over his legs, as though he was lying down in the bed and sat up before he was shot. In all, 6 rounds from a .38 will be recovered from the wall behind him. For convenience sake, we'll call him "Joe".

Lying next to the mattress, her head toward the foot of the "bed", is a deceased white female, early 20's, shot once through the heart with a .45 at point blank range. Her body is heavily bruised, especially on the back, as though she's been beaten. We'll call her "Wendy".

Across from the bed, directly opposite the wall with all the .38's, is a low brick half-wall with two .45 slugs in it. Its upper half is a series of glass panes, two of which have been broken out just above the brick.

The only survivor is a white male, 40ish, unharmed. He's been reading INGO and refuses to say anything without a lawyer. We'll call him "Bob".

Between the female and the brick wall are two guns: a Glock 30 with 8 rounds left, and a cheap 6-shot .38, all fired, with a taped up grip and serial number scratched off.

The Glock will be found to have been legally purchased by Bob at a local gun store, several years ago. It has both Bob and Joe's prints on it.

The .38 is of indeterminate history. It has Bob and Wendy's prints on it.

So... what happened?

Last edited:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    He's making a reference to the OH cop who pulled over a white guy (mid 40s?) and a bigger black gentleman who was talking to a "hooker". It was very clever by him really. LOL.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Does "Bob" have access to a working phone?

Apporximate time of death vs. time of 911 call?

Approximate location and angle on head of entry wounds?

Approximate angle of chest wound?

Is "Wendy" face down or face up?

How much blood, i.e. does it look like they bled out from the gunshots, or could the have been post-mortem?

I'm sure I'll thjink of more.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    You stated that the .45 was point blank to Wendy's chest when fired. Does this mean since you didn't state the .38's were point blank that they were shot from a distance?
    How is Joe sitting in relation to an entry?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Does "Bob" have access to a working phone?
    Yes. His cell phone is in an upstairs bedroom, on the bed next to a suitcase.

Apporximate time of death vs. time of 911 call?
    Virtually simultaneous. The neighbors called as soon as they heard shots.

Approximate location and angle on head of entry wounds?
    Level, straight-on. 4 non-fatal hits to the face, one into the brain.

Approximate angle of chest wound?
    Contact wound right to the sternum, straight-on.

Is "Wendy" face down or face up?
    Up.

How much blood, i.e. does it look like they bled out from the gunshots, or could the have been post mortem?
    All from the shots themselves.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    What exactly did the neighbor report to 911? How many shots does the neighbor think they heard?

Might be easier to post up what the neighbor is saying, since I can't imagine they're not cooperating.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You stated that the .45 was point blank to Wendy's chest when fired. Does this mean since you didn't state the .38's were point blank that they were shot from a distance?
    How is Joe sitting in relation to an entry?

Joe is sitting with his feet pointed away from the doorway and parallel to the half-wall, but his torso twisted toward it. The .38 shots were definitely taken from at least a couple yards away.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So... what happened?

You stopped dreaming about *me*. :(

smiley-laughing013.gif
    smiley-laughing014.gif

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I'm assuming the Glock 30 had 13 rounds in it. 8 in the mag. 1 in the chest. 2 in the wall and 2 through the window. Did the slug pass through Wendy?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What exactly did the neighbor report to 911? How many shots does the neighbor think they heard?

Might be easier to post up what the neighbor is saying, since I can't imagine they're not cooperating.

They heard someone shout, then shots from the other apartment, about a dozen. They're a couple of college guys, and seem pretty confused and shaken up by the whole situation.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm assuming the Glock 30 had 13 rounds in it. 8 in the mag. 1 in the chest. 2 in the wall and 2 through the window. Did the slug pass through Wendy?
    Yes, it's in the floor behind her. The Glock has a 10-round mag. There are 7 in the mag, one in the chamber.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    They heard someone shout, then shots from the other apartment, about a dozen. They're a couple of college guys, and seem pretty confused and shaken up by the whole situation.

When they heard the shouts were there just male voices or a woman's voice in the mix?

Edit: Sorry just read "shout" not "shouts"

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It'd be awesome if Kirk wanted to represent Bob. I could PM Bob's statement to him for review and editing. :D

Top Bottom