• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Not trying to stir here, but really am curious.. does anyone know what the ammo wholesalers or manufacturers are doing with their prices? I know in the building industry right now some common items have skyrocketed in price, and so has meat products. Do you think it is the retailers or wholesalers? Or just simply supply and demand? Or just that they can?

Well, RK hasn't raised their prices. I bought armscor 9mm
    for $8.99/ 50rds a couple weeks ago.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Yes you can find the ammo if you get off your butt and go look.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I want to sit here in my home and whine about it!

Actually, I learned from last time and have a decent stock of 9mm and .45. I hope things recover sometime soon. I've really cut back my shooting, for now.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Actually, I've thought many of the ammo sellers in the INGO classies have been within reason and making ammo available. When they have sold 9mm for 40-45 cents per, the only online sellers that had stock were at 50-60 cents.

Only the most lucky and the constant site refreshers catch the under 30 cents per round online "deals".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually, I've thought many of the ammo sellers in the INGO classies have been within reason and making ammo available. When they have sold 9mm for 40-45 cents per, the only online sellers that had stock were at 50-60 cents.

Only the most lucky and the constant site refreshers catch the under 30 cents per round online "deals".

This ammo is out there. My nephew and his dad found 223 and 9mm last week at regular pricing so if you want it......go find it.

Not you my friend I am just pointing out ammo can be found.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In fairness to those who have or are currently selling ammo in the classifieds (myself included). Now is really a great time to purge any ammo you may have over bought on in the past. For me, I no longer have a semi auto 308 and use handloads in my bolt action so I no longer need all the FMJ ammo I used to have. I use my 308 as a backup for precision rifle matches, so it eats nothing but slow methodical match ammo. I'd have never gotten through the bulk of FMJ's I had and it'd be cluttering up my house for the rest of my life.

It's also a great time to downsize on calibers as well. I had an AK that I never shot with some ammo on the shelf and now that's all gone. There's a time and place to purge excess and right size.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The Y2K hype had high prices on ammo too! I sold my entire table in minutes on Friday @ the 1500. I went back to my store and pulled every freaking box I had. I even emptied my own stash in miltary storage containers. Crazy!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am starting to see some pricing in the ammo section here that has my head spinning.
    I may or may not have dumped an ad last night. Plausible deniability.
    People...........:dunno:
    Some people never listen. For 4 years many here said; Buy buy buy buy buy
    Now some people are unprepared and they expect to get 9mm for 180 a case, during a pandemic but most importantly a heated election with violence from the left? Uh no.
    Market value Is market value. Should have taken the thumb out of their butt for the last 4 years. If you didnt see the market rapidly rising even without corona then you had better get your eyes checked.
    I dont feel bad for anyone who wasnt ready for this and now is willingly paying for their unpreparednes.
    When S REALLY hits the fan am I suposed to serve lunches out of my own preps to those in our community who didn't store up food too?
    Or as food prices rise, sell it for what I paid? I think not

I have a ton of mags that I'm just waiting to make money on. Yep, make money on the unprepared.
    I've sold some to friends who wanted some extras. But only because I had more to sell for max profits. I sold some 9mm and 5.56 ammo too for double what i paid for it, And i dont feel bad about it one bit.

I always trade or sell my used gear and guns reasonably. Always. Almost always lose money on them.
    Well, not on ammo or mags I wont. This is different. This is the rewards of being prepared.

If the Democrats win $2 a round will seem cheap

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People buy from them, because they don't know any better.
    Plenty of gun owners who bought their gun with one box of ammo and stored them for a decade in a drawer.
    And plenty of new gun owners, with no experience.

A guy at work was complaining about needing some .45.
    I told him I'd sell him some, and NOT gauge him.
    I need to go in the back and see what I can afford to sell him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Plenty of gun owners who bought their gun with one box of ammo and stored them for a decade in a drawer.

I know it sounds crass and even a bit hateful but just like TT stated up thread. If you are and have been a solid gun owner for a few years there is little excuse (besides family misfortune etc) for not being prepared.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    ya, its crazy. I put a Kimber TLE II for trade and someone offered me a smith and wesson M&P 2.0 9mm full size with HD night sights, $100, and 650 rounds of 9mm ammo. Given today's market I couldn't resist that deal.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Maybe some of them.
    All of the ammo I've sold so far was to well established shooters. No noobs seriously. They also knew they messed up by waiting and not stocking up themselves.
    It's just the market.
    I bought silver at $13 an ounce now its 26 an ounce. I'm not selling for 13 if I sell.
    Gold, bought some that i have at 1150 an ounce afew years ago. Bought more at 1300. I sold some when it was just over 2000 an ounce.
    Supply in demand. Ammo is like stock or precious metals. So are mags and some firearms. It is a volatile market depending on headlines of the day and yet very predictable at the time of key elections.
    When I'm selling my pmags one day for 50 a pop or more, I wont regret doing it and the people who "need" them will be happy they found them and glad to pay.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Not trying to stir here, but really am curious.. does anyone know what the ammo wholesalers or manufacturers are doing with their prices? I know in the building industry right now some common items have skyrocketed in price, and so has meat products. Do you think it is the retailers or wholesalers? Or just simply supply and demand? Or just that they can?

Yah it is pretty sad when I am looking at Facebook Marketplace for OSB! $22.00 a sheet for 7/16th from the lumber yards is an INSULT!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Gun broker two days ago... 2.5 million new buyers in the market this year has caused this bizarro world we are living in and I don't expect it to end soon. They don't know what's normal and don't care, just looking for that warm fuzzy feeling a loaded gun gives them.

OHncKwE.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Gun broker two days ago... 2.5 million new buyers in the market this year has caused this bizarro world we are living in and I don't expect it to end soon. They don't know what's normal and don't care, just looking for that warm fuzzy feeling a loaded gun gives them.

OHncKwE.jpg

For that kind of money, I may consider letting the free market auction system assign a value to some ammunition I have put away.

Top Bottom