• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'd sell my factory stuff that i had bought black friday last year to fund my reloading

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    First dozen 9mm on Ammoseek at 930a Thur 9-3-20

00D0D_8bJrFkuRb13_0bC0jB_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_dBaC1NZFl3D_0bC0jG_1200x900.jpg

00202_st0lOAfjH6_0bC0jG_1200x900.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Maybe some of them.
    All of the ammo I've sold so far was to well established shooters. No noobs seriously. They also knew they messed up by waiting and not stocking up themselves.
    It's just the market.
    I bought silver at $13 an ounce now its 26 an ounce. I'm not selling for 13 if I sell.
    Gold, bought some that i have at 1150 an ounce afew years ago. Bought more at 1300. I sold some when it was just over 2000 an ounce.
    Supply in demand. Ammo is like stock or precious metals. So are mags and some firearms. It is a volatile market depending on headlines of the day and yet very predictable at the time of key elections.
    When I'm selling my pmags one day for 50 a pop or more, I wont regret doing it and the people who "need" them will be happy they found them and glad to pay.

I hate to agree with you again TT (not really:):) but I hadn't considered it that way. We are talking about commodities, if it's gold, silver or ammo. Rhetorical question, what would you prefer to have in your closet if the S*** hit the fan, a kilo of gold or a case of ammo? The market is setting the price and no one is being forced to buy anything. Six months ago ammo was cheaper than I had ever seen it and now it's more expensive that I've ever see. It's today's reality and we all have to live with it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You guys crack me up. This thread is pure comedy. If it really irritates you guys so much they "gouge" (what court decides if a retailer is gouging?) why do you dedicate an entire thread to free advertising for them. You might say we are bashing them, and you think you are, but others are saying, "hey, maybe they have inventory", and check them out. And the whole schtick about never ever buying from them will be thrown out the window when they are the last retailer with inventory.

We actually are seeing an interesting phenomenon in online retailing. Some retailers that maintain inventories have products and now want to be paid for storing and handling that inventory. At the same time "just in time" retailers that take your order, then order from manufacturer, and ship it to you, never actually touching the product, have the price they charge showing, but are unable to fulfill orders. It creates the impression in the purchasers mind that the going rate is the "just in time" model, it is not. The going rate is what those with inventory are charging.

I like surge pricing it spreads inventory around to more people, not just the resellers. Those are the the actual market predators! You know, the guy that buys every round RK puts out then immediately puts it for sale a 2-3 times what he paid for it. They learn delivery patterns, bribe employees, etc. then are waiting as soon as it comes off the truck to snap it up. Working folks have no chance and are forced to buy from resellers or use their stash. Resellers suck and so do the policies that enable them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You guys crack me up. This thread is pure comedy. If it really irritates you guys so much they "gouge" (what court decides if a retailer is gouging?) why do you dedicate an entire thread to free advertising for them. You might say we are bashing them, and you think you are, but others are saying, "hey, maybe they have inventory", and check them out. And the whole schtick about never ever buying from them will be thrown out the window when they are the last retailer with inventory.

We actually are seeing an interesting phenomenon in online retailing. Some retailers that maintain inventories have products and now want to be paid for storing and handling that inventory. At the same time "just in time" retailers that take your order, then order from manufacturer, and ship it to you, never actually touching the product, have the price they charge showing, but are unable to fulfill orders. It creates the impression in the purchasers mind that the going rate is the "just in time" model, it is not. The going rate is what those with inventory are charging.

I like surge pricing it spreads inventory around to more people, not just the resellers. Those are the the actual market predators! You know, the guy that buys every round RK puts out then immediately puts it for sale a 2-3 times what he paid for it. They learn delivery patterns, bribe employees, etc. then are waiting as soon as it comes off the truck to snap it up. Working folks have no chance and are forced to buy from resellers or use their stash. Resellers suck and so do the policies that enable them.

I am so very glad you find us all so condescending.
    This in my mind is about the re-sellers or at least my posts are. I hate flippers/re-sellers. I hate carpet baggers.
    But as a good friend of mine pointed out in some situations we should be glad they are around.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Academy in Terre Haute, at least yesterday, had a bunch of .22lr, quite a bit of hunting ammo, .40, .45 ACP, .38 special and some .223. All were at "normal" pricing, no noticeable mark up. Limit is three total boxes. I left with some .22, .38 special, and a box of 308.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook.
    I'm sitting on a great big beautiful 5-gallon bucket brimming full of once fired 9mm Luger brass just waiting to be loaded.
    I also have enough 9mm factory ammo that I won't have to touch that bucket of brass for at least a year, regardless of what the market does from here on out.

CTD just cracks me up these days.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook.
    I'm sitting on a great big beautiful 5-gallon bucket brimming full of once fired 9mm Luger brass just waiting to be loaded.
    I also have enough 9mm factory ammo that I won't have to touch that bucket of brass for at least a year, regardless of what the market does from here on out.

CTD just cracks me up these days.

I just weighed 100lbs of 45acp brass in a 16gal container. Once Im done sorting and depriming brass this year will have to weigh my 16gal containers and see what Im sitting on for my calibers.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    What surprises me is the people are shocked that cheaper than dirt(bags) are doing this again, they (cheaper than dirtbags) do this at any chance they can!

debruynda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2020
    Fishers
    I had to look up CTD, never bought anything from them. Maybe they are relevant now since they have inventory, but they never came up on my radar before, so they must have been pricey before they were pricey. I am just glad I listened to a friend who told me last year to stop buying guns and buy ammo.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    A day ahead of 9/11, it's important to remember to never forget...

prices-ctd.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Screen+shot+2013-01-16+at+6.19.02+PM.png

These screenshots are from years ago following various tragedies and troubling times. Folks can find several more examples in a quick Google search. We can argue price gouging vs. capitalism until we're all blue in the face, but no one is forcing you to spend your hard-earned money at CTD, or anywhere else for that matter. Me, I will never give CTD another penny, but how and where you choose to spend your own funds is totally up to you.

Top Bottom