><(((((*>
    00W0W_jiwlPHmG0dc_0bC0jI_1200x900.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am puzzled by the hatred for this company (never done business with them).

We we have an entire section of the forum devoted to survival and preparedness because what CTD and others do is exactly what they are preparing for. Exactly the reaction of SHTF. Several here reminded members they said buy it cheap and stack it deep, and this is why they suggested to stock up, the proper action for SHTF. The point is we all expect this from at least some retailers, the proof is in our posts why all the hatred for companies that are doing what we expect and are preparing for?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I am puzzled by the hatred for this company (never done business with them).

We we have an entire section of the forum devoted to survival and preparedness because what CTD and others do is exactly what they are preparing for. Exactly the reaction of SHTF. Several here reminded members they said buy it cheap and stack it deep, and this is why they suggested to stock up, the proper action for SHTF. The point is we all expect this from at least some retailers, the proof is in our posts why all the hatred for companies that are doing what we expect and are preparing for?

Its funny to read all the haters out there with those that live by the simple words, buy low and Sell High...

One should ask CTD, how many years they have been sitting on those pallets and pallets and the other 100 pallets waiting for this to happen AGAIN all the while paying inventory tax on every box on those pallets....

All one had to do is monthly invest and today.......
    You would be the one selling cases of ammo and primers for 3-4 fold what you paid for them..... :rockwoot:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not one of the "haters". I couldn't care less what they charge for their ammo. I find it more fascinating that there's people actually paying these prices.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not one of the "haters". I couldn't care less what they charge for their ammo. I find it more fascinating that there's people actually paying these prices.

Good, I find it interesting that folks can now kick-up a buck or better per round, buy couldn't afford 20-30 cents a round a few months ago....

Nobody puts Warren Buffet in the corner.....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

90% of even Hoosiers have never set foot in a RK or LGS. (I don't even have to spell it out here.) They got their gun in a closet with 29 rounds of ammo, they shot the other 21 the day they bought the gun years ago. Now they are scared and need another box and they can't get it on Amazon Prime. Their value system is completely different than ours, they have never even contemplated cost per round, they are not planning on running a few hundred a week through the gun, just need another box because they are scared...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    90% of even Hoosiers have never set foot in a RK or LGS. (I don't even have to spell it out here.) They got their gun in a closet with 29 rounds of ammo, they shot the other 21 the day they bought the gun years ago. Now they are scared and need another box and they can't get it on Amazon Prime. Their value system is completely different than ours, they have never even contemplated cost per round, they are not planning on running a few hundred a week through the gun, just need another box because they are scared...

Yep. And the name "Cheaper than Dirt" is genius marketing. People will believe it just like the stores that have been "Going out of business" for years.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Priorities of the moment...

I get it, I was a single dad with two sons and no support from their mother....But

10 bucks a week for 3 years would have put away... 1,560 bucks..
    That easily would equate to,
    two 1,000 rd cans of Win 9mm nato = 400.00 delivered
    eight 420 rd cans of LC 855 in cans = 1,080.00 delieved from Palmeto... 10 bucks a week.. :dunno:

I'm not going to get into rimfire.....

Right now half of it could be sold for double or triple of what was paid for it.... and over the years its wash, rinse, later and repeat over and over.... 10 bucks a week....

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County

I'll have to admit I got caught off guard with my supply of 9mm down to just a few hundred. With everything going on with the virus, civil unrest, two kids in college and medical issues I just wasn't paying much attention to the ammo situation. I was lucky enough to get five Winchester boxes of 50 at Bass Pro last Wednesday for $12.99 each and six Federal American Eagle boxes at $18.99 a box delivered yesterday. I don't think I would pay the prices some of these places are asking, but if I hadn't found what I did I can't say for sure. Last year I might have told you I would never pay $18.99 for Federal American Eagle, but I did.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I get it, I was a single dad with two sons and no support from their mother....But

10 bucks a week for 3 years would have put away... 1,560 bucks..
    That easily would equate to,
    two 1,000 rd cans of Win 9mm nato = 400.00 delivered
    eight 420 rd cans of LC 855 in cans = 1,080.00 delieved from Palmeto... 10 bucks a week.. :dunno:

I'm not going to get into rimfire.....

Right now half of it could be sold for double or triple of what was paid for it.... and over the years its wash, rinse, later and repeat over and over.... 10 bucks a week....

But to get the answer to your question you must get out of the PLU (people like us) mode and into their mode. Everyone had plenty of TP until the panic. I have a friend, very smart guy, says "as soon as they say I can't have a gun, I'm getting some". We have gone over and over this, he will say, "there probably won't be any to buy" when he makes that determination, but will not just go buy before it happens. He would be a candidate for $1+ ammo at that time. LOL

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Yep. And the name "Cheaper than Dirt" is genius marketing. People will believe it just like the stores that have been "Going out of business" for years.

Funny thing about dirt, its a commodity, if one wants to get rid of what cant be used where its at, you pay to move it. If one needs dirt on a project they pay to have dirt brought to that project.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    But to get the answer to your question you must get out of the PLU (people like us) mode and into their mode. Everyone had plenty of TP until the panic. I have a friend, very smart guy, says "as soon as they say I can't have a gun, I'm getting some". We have gone over and over this, he will say, "there probably won't be any to buy" when he makes that determination, but will not just go buy before it happens. He would be a candidate for $1+ ammo at that time. LOL

I have always tried to educate all that I meet in the hobbies that I have. The rest of them, every few years I sell to them at huge inflated pricing that puts my family in a better place 9 months later when I replace what was sold at normal pricing. I actually enjoy the ones that know better and are unprepared. Will that be cash, visa or master card??? Along with the hypocrites that bitterly condemn those that sell for profit by not leaving some for the poor and disenfranchised*** LOL......

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Oh trust me, I know. I used to look at dirt for a living.

When I was younger I drilled holes in it for hydro cylinders for elevators. For something that just sits there, its pretty smart...

I drilled a job in north anderson long ago, the excavator on the job was paid to move and he then bought from them about a 2' depth of dirt for a huge parking lot off the premises. He rented a lot next to the building and put thousands of yards of dirt on it for storage. the next year the contractor realized they moved almost 2' of dirt to much off the site. The excavator was again paid for the dirt and paid again to move it..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think all I've ever bought from CTD was surplus 303 Brit ammo when they had it ridiculously cheap (like 30 cents a round shipped). It was good Greek HXP ammo - brass case, boxer primed ammo. That was after Sandyhook and I still didn't think much of them, but I held my nose. When I can shoot my Enfields almost as cheaply as my Mosins, with the bonus of being able to reload the brass? Yeah, I'm gonna buy it. :dunno: As a bonus, I can also make 30-40 Krag brass and 6.5x53R brass out of the 303 Brit brass. Win-win-win.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    AT IT AGAIN: INGO whining about high prices that are the only cure for shortage.

Definitely understand your point here, market economy and all. I've spoken with a few retail outlets and their costs are higher as well, since it can turn into a bidding war to get stock from manufacturers/distributors right now. With that said, I've definitely noticed that "Cheaper Than Dirt" is more like "Expensive As H**l" as compared to the competition... even their shipping charges are relatively high! They're currently off my list for places I check for ammo for this simple fact. The best way to tell them that their prices are too high is to stop paying them!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hate to agree with you again TT (not really:):) but I hadn't considered it that way. We are talking about commodities, if it's gold, silver or ammo. Rhetorical question, what would you prefer to have in your closet if the S*** hit the fan, a kilo of gold or a case of ammo? The market is setting the price and no one is being forced to buy anything. Six months ago ammo was cheaper than I had ever seen it and now it's more expensive that I've ever see. It's today's reality and we all have to live with it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]
    Exactly my friend.
    Hey we both know that when push comes to shove who is on speed dial. You are one person here I consider a friend NHT3, as you know.
    If you needed help, I'm there.
    If shtf and we all need to link up we will. We will have everything we need and the ability to get more. This is called being prepared.
    Will we also link up with other good folks who werent as prepared and need alittle assistance? Yes.
    But they might sweat it out alittle before they find us or we find them ;)

I'm not out to get rich off the back of other Patriots. Any money I get off of ammo goes right back into gun parts or gear.
    It's a revolving budget

Top Bottom