Cuban Flag, "Confederate" Flag Comparison?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there a Difference in the Display of Cuban Vs the "Confederate" Flags?

• Total voters

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Does it work the other way around too?
    I fly the American fly outside of the US ... :patriot: :dunno:

I don't have time to think about that.

I'm, too busy trying to figure out how I can get every 4th person who attends a St. Patrick's Day parade deported, along with every Mini owner with the Union Jack on the roof and everyone who displays red, white and blue in a non "Old Glory" manner. That's what America is about!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Displaying a Cuban flag in a demonstration leads me to believe that you may be an illegal alien, a communist, and anti-American.

Displaying a Confederate flag leads me to believe you might be a redneck.

I'd rather break bread with a redneck than a communist infiltrator.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Should I care who this person is, or why she's shown up on INGO recently?

Or what about that other kid that the INGO meme squad is fascinated with?

:dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't have time to think about that.

I'm, too busy trying to figure out how I can get every 4th person who attends a St. Patrick's Day parade deported, along with every Mini owner with the Union Jack on the roof and everyone who displays red, white and blue in a non "Old Glory" manner. That's what America is about!

I better not tell you I put red, yellow and black electrical tape around the handle of my tools...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Should I care who this person is, or why she's shown up on INGO recently?

Or what about that other kid that the INGO meme squad is fascinated with?

:dunno:

CNN anti 2nd Amendment mouthpieces.... repeal the 2nd. If you don't repeal the 2nd you want dead kids.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    So which is the more likely to bear fruit (and I agree BTW), opposition through knowledge, or opposition by mislabeling them as communists, knowingly, intent on the destruction of individual rights?
    I'm not sure there is an obvious answer to that. First off, what exactly do you mean by "opposition through knowledge"?

Seems to me that opposition through emotional overreaction has been the most effective technique used in modern politics.

I'd also note that most communists and communist supporters were not "knowingly intent on the destruction of individual rights" even if that has repeatedly been the end result of that ideology every single time it has been implemented.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Displaying a Cuban flag in a demonstration leads me to believe that you may be an illegal alien, a communist, and anti-American.

That may work for you, but if the dinner conversation topics are- "The Lost Cause" on one hand and dialectical materialism on the other hand, the latter is going to be more entertaining....and historically supportable.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

To me, this sums it up. ^

On a trip to Alabama a couple years ago, we were having dinner close to the Friday night cruising area for the local teens. Picture big lifted trucks, giant flags flying in the bed. One side had a rebel flag, the other side had a rebel flag with a largemouth bass in the middle.
    Not being the type to get offended to easily, the wives had their pictures taken with the kids, and the flags. Yeah, they were just rednecks, and pretty decent folk. For the record, None of them tried to kill us for being Yankees

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    That may work for you, but if the dinner conversation topics are- "The Lost Cause" on one hand and dialectical materialism on the other hand, the latter is going to be more entertaining....and historically supportable.
    History is told by the victors after all.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    They wanna play stupid games with flags , lets play . No difference between the two .

Personally , I don't care what flag they fly under the American flag .

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There's an incredible amount of intellectual dishonesty in saying a person who is anti-2A (which she may be) is following in the footsteps of Castro. The idea that those who oppose the 2A, are budding mass murderers and tyrants, rather than the rantings of the naive and ill-informed, is something that only the most indoctrinated of us could possibly believe.

aAiboui.gifv

aAiboui.gif

What's next? The Pope "MIGHT" be catholic?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would agree that context of how it is displayed makes a difference. I also agree that choosing to display either carries a certain amount of implied acceptance for the baggage they carry..even if you don't agree with some of the attached baggage.

I was born in IN, but the vast majority of my extended family is from TN & KY (moms side lol). Growing up we spent a great deal of time in TN. Whenever we would go visit my great grandaddy, he would say here comes my grandson and my yankee grandkids. So, I grew up recognizing the battle flag of VA as a sign of southern heritage. Time has changed and the landscape of society has changed. Back then (80s) my family always talked about the differences between being "southern" and being "one of them yankees". Some of those southern heritages include.. Foods, mannerisms, words and phrases, a slower paced lifestyle, more conservative values, religion (and proudly owning it), and many mindsets such as a word being bond or a handshake being as good as a contract, I could go on but you probably get the point. Yes, many people who don't have that "southern heritage" can relate to many of those traits (with some variances). Heck I remember (again back in the late 80s) in the town my great grandaddy lived in, women still weren't allowed in the pool hall. It was a dry town but many knew where to find a drink for medicinal purposes.
    On occasion I would hear some yocal make a racist comment but in large part they were condemned as being white trash.
    So, yes I see the Battle flag of VA as a symbol of southern heritage, but can acknowledge the baggae attached.

Top Bottom