Cuban Flag, "Confederate" Flag Comparison?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there a Difference in the Display of Cuban Vs the "Confederate" Flags?

• Total voters

BrotherFred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Would that be the same guy who wanted Elian Gonzalez forcibly kept separated from his father?

Depends. Is that question, coming from a guy asking another question, that has absolutely nothing to do with the original question posed in the forum or the direction in which the conversation has lead since the OP?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Depends. Is that question, coming from a guy asking another question, that has absolutely nothing to do with the original question posed in the forum or the direction in which the conversation has lead since the OP?

Welcome to INGO.

Literally and figuratively.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    When you combine it with the fact "she" wants to take guns away from Americans.... yeah the little communist dictator label fits pretty well.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    They're nothing alike, and I'm seriously questioning some of you in this thread.

The Cuban flag represents a state, and a lot of good people have died in an attempt to free that state from a communist regime.

The confederate flag represents an idea.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/townha...ated-as-hero-by-cubas-media-n2453475?amp=true

odd that she is following in fidel’s Steps

They're nothing alike, and I'm seriously questioning some of you in this thread.
    The Cuban flag represents a state, and a lot of good people have died in an attempt to free that state from a communist regime.

The confederate flag represents an idea.

yes they have, and a lot of communists love Cuba and the communist collective. They ignore the slaughter and oppression and celebrate the idea of communism as represented by the government of Cuba, rather than the people living in squalor because of it

when you claim to be starting a revolution and stand with a raised fist salute and dress in ODG jackets looking like a little revolutionary espousing Castro beliefs with a Cuban flag on, it’s reasonable to make inferences

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/townha...ated-as-hero-by-cubas-media-n2453475?amp=true

yes they have, and a lot of communists love Cuba and the communist collective. They ignore the slaughter and oppression and celebrate the idea of communism as represented by the government of Cuba, rather than the people living in squalor because of it

My wife's Godmother told me the children and the grandchildren have already forgotten the stories her generation told them...She told me that back in the late 90's...

Sad...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The last time I saw a confederate flag flying was in south Georgia last year, it didn't surprise me at all. Seeing them fly in Indiana is kinda sketchy, to each their own but this is the North lol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

There's an incredible amount of intellectual dishonesty in saying a person who is anti-2A (which she may be) is following in the footsteps of Castro. The idea that those who oppose the 2A, are budding mass murderers and tyrants, rather than the rantings of the naive and ill-informed, is something that only the most indoctrinated of us could possibly believe.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Intellectually dishonest? If someone of recent Cuban descent can’t see what happens when a government disarms a population I don’t know who can. It would give me pause if I am doing exactly what a tyrant who destroyed my country and my people started out by doing.

i’d love To see her political views. I’m sure she’s all for freedom and liberty and limited central government. Probably hates communism :rofl:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know if she's a communist...but she certainly wants to portray a "revolutionary" image to the world. I kind of doubt she knows what communism is all about and what it has done.

Were these 1%er bikers back in the 50s and 60s Nazis (some probably were), or were they just rebelling against anything and everything polite society had to offer?

File0075.jpg

British-Hells-Angels-1969.jpg

Immature people say and do silly things.

Last edited:

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    OK, this is the 3rd time I've seen the below meme comparing the use of the Cuban Flag to the "Confederate" Flag. Now, put on your thinking caps INGO. Is this a fair comparison?
    6f5izk.jpg

(this is a public poll)
    I think the hate mention is sort of shoehorned into the meme to match the heritage not hate mantra.

I understand what they are getting at but it's a bit sloppy in my opinion.

You can interpret the flags as symbols in various ways to make various arguments.

I like that there is push back on the Cuban flag as a symbol, as the interpretation of symbols has always been moving target, and is constantly tuned by the influncers and shapers of culture. With the consolidation and ubiquity of mass media, these influencers have subtlely moved public consciousness over the past decades in a near singular direction. (Just look at Clinton speeches from the mid-ninties vs today, what's acceptable speech then vs today). The tearing down of monuments, flags, and memorials is the fruit of the seeds they've planted and cultivated through media and pop culture.

Last edited:

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    IMHO, the above post isn't wrong, but there is 1 distinct difference. The Confederate States of America were just that, part of this country until they decided to secede and they're part of it today. Cuba is not, and never has been part of this country unless I'm mistaken in my history.

If Cuba is so great, and your heritage there is so important that you must fly it's flag in another country maybe go live there instead?

Completely agree with this statement.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    There's an incredible amount of intellectual dishonesty in saying a person who is anti-2A (which she may be) is following in the footsteps of Castro. The idea that those who oppose the 2A, are budding mass murderers and tyrants, rather than the rantings of the naive and ill-informed, is something that only the most indoctrinated of us could possibly believe.
    Of course, not everyone who wants to disarm others is a budding mass-murder or tyrant. They are, however, all useful for consolidating the power that mass-murdering tyrants require.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Of course, not everyone who wants to disarm others is a budding mass-murder or tyrant. They are, however, all useful for consolidating the power that mass-murdering tyrants require.
    And you don't need to have a PhD in revolutionary communism to bring about its effects. It's main tenants are aped in many forms within popular activist movements. I'd say it would be better to judge based on actions rather than an espoused formal movement, whose parallels the naive members might not understand.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

oypGTjA.gif

little hogg and skinhead o'castro are useful (to the tyrant) idiots.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So which is the more likely to bear fruit (and I agree BTW), opposition through knowledge, or opposition by mislabeling them as communists, knowingly, intent on the destruction of individual rights?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So which is the more likely to bear fruit (and I agree BTW), opposition through knowledge, or opposition by mislabeling them as communists, knowingly, intent on the destruction of individual rights?

She doesn't seem very receptive to knowledge.

Top Bottom