• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    applied 2/18, money order cashed 3/10. Called yesterday and was told they are currently processing applications with money orders cashed on 3/1.

They are running about 10 weeks from the date the money order was cashed.

I'm wondering why it took so long from my application date to cash the money order.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Dude!

So, since I gave my app to the Beech Grove PD on March 10th, I probably won't see my LTCH until June or July!!!
    I got mine in November, and back then it took 5 weeks from the time I went in to get printed. I'm not sure why the wait is so much longer now, but it would seem like the backlog would get shorter at some point.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    applied 2/18, money order cashed 3/10. Called yesterday and was told they are currently processing applications with money orders cashed on 3/1.

I'm wondering why it took so long from my application date to cash the money order.
    I have a theory that some of the local police/sheriff's depts take longer than others to do their part. By the way, did you do your prints at Nappanee of Elkhart co? If you did it at Nappanee did they take the money order for the state and send it forward? That could have been the hold up.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I have a theory that some of the local police/sheriff's depts take longer than others to do their part. By the way, did you do your prints at Nappanee of Elkhart co? If you did it at Nappanee did they take the money order for the state and send it forward? That could have been the hold up.

I did prints at Nappanee city PD.....and yes, they sent the money order forward.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got ours last week after about a 10 week wait. Grrr. Both my wife's and mine were renewals, upgrading to lifetime. It shouldn't take that long to renew. And what's even funnier, or tragic, was we applied for passports in end of March and got them in half the time.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I got mine in November, and back then it took 5 weeks from the time I went in to get printed. I'm not sure why the wait is so much longer now, but it would seem like the backlog would get shorter at some point.
    It's good and bad news I guess. The fact that there's a wait means that more people are getting licensed, which means that Indiana becomes safer every day.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville

OK!

I just called again to check on my LTCH and the woman who answered the phone, very polite BTW, told me that they are processing applications received on the 1st of March and verifying applications received on the 4th of March.

She also told me, again, that they are currently running about 10 weeks behind.

So, if my little math skills are even close, my application, which should have been received on or about March 12th, should be entered/issued on or about May 25-25.

Two and a half more weeks..... :runaway: :tantrum: :faint: :xmad: :wallbash:

Le Doug

I quoted myself here, because NDGuido has posted the same things...basically.

WT fudge man? How many days does it take to process March 1 applications?

Arieas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Indianapois
    Well i think i may now hold the record for fastest LTCH. Envelope from the Indiana State Records Division just showed up with a nice pink letter and a LTCH card. Took all of 4 days! In case anyone is curious i did the L-1 and this was for Indianpolis/Marion county.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Well i think i may now hold the record for fastest LTCH. Envelope from the Indiana State Records Division just showed up with a nice pink letter and a LTCH card. Took all of 4 days! In case anyone is curious i did the L-1 and this was for Indianpolis/Marion county.
    I've been hearing very good things from everyone who used L-1. Wish I had done so.

ranger2k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Franklin
    Sorry for the delay folks, didn't keep an eye on the thread after my post. We are in Johnson County. We went to the local Sheriff's office for the initial fee and prints as we live outside of the city limits of Franklin. The final paper work went in the mail in early March per my previous post.

I applied last summer for my LTCH and it took exactly 4 weeks and 1 day for mine to arrive. The wifes took over twice that long for some reason.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Sorry for the delay folks, didn't keep an eye on the thread after my post. We are in Johnson County. We went to the local Sheriff's office for the initial fee and prints as we live outside of the city limits of Franklin. The final paper work went in the mail in early March per my previous post.

I applied last summer for my LTCH and it took exactly 4 weeks and 1 day for mine to arrive. The wifes took over twice that long for some reason.
    OK, well that gives me hope that mine is around the corner. I applied just days after you.

Vastian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    L1 is worth it.

I paid the little bit extra and went with the L1 service and got my license in the mail in 6 days.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    My wife just got hers. Mailed March 3rd, received May 14th. This was a new application, not a renewal. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I renewed mine last summer from a four year to a lifetime and it took just over three weeks.

RegionRaider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Hammond
    I applied for a lifetime 3/25, still waiting. According to NRA-ILA Indiana can take up to sixty days. So hopefully, I see something in the next couple weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom