• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. Submitted early August, called ISP today and was told to "check and see when my money order was cashed and call her supervisor".

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    Today marks the day I will no longer have to view this thread. I finally received my LTCH this afternoon. The process began on July 17th with local PD, then continued onto the state on 8/8......and finally after months of waiting it ends on 10/22. Whew...that felt like an eternity...lol

That is great news for me. I submitted just before you and I am still waiting. I have been expecting it all week but no avail. Not a lifetime resident so I could see it taking a tad bit longer - but 3+ months seems a little outrageous...would like to be able to take my G22 to the range sometime within the year I bought it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That is great news for me. I submitted just before you and I am still waiting. I have been expecting it all week but no avail. Not a lifetime resident so I could see it taking a tad bit longer - but 3+ months seems a little outrageous...would like to be able to take my G22 to the range sometime within the year I bought it.

Nothing stoping you from taking it to the range as long as its cased and unloaded.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Called ISP again yesterday. Was told my early August non-L1 MIGHT be to me by the end of...November.

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    Nothing stoping you from taking it to the range as long as its cased and unloaded.

Really? I thought so, but have been hearing that you have to have your LTCH to take a pistol out of the house...seems silly but I am not willing to risk it until I can be sure...

Sources anyone?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Really? I thought so, but have been hearing that you have to have your LTCH to take a pistol out of the house...seems silly but I am not willing to risk it until I can be sure...

Sources anyone?

It's in the Indiana code, which I can't quote at the moment because I am on my phone. The law was changed in the last couple of years, doing away with the target license and allowing all citizens who can legally possess a gun to transport it inside a case, unloaded, and separate from the ammunition.

Edit:
    IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.
    (b) Except as provided in subsection (c), a person may carry a handgun without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun if:
    (1) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person;
    (2) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body while lawfully present in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person:
    (A) has the consent of the owner, renter, lessor, or person who legally controls the property to have the handgun on the premises;
    (B) is attending a firearms related event on the property, including a gun show, firearms expo, gun owner's club or convention, hunting club, shooting club, or training course; or
    (C) is on the property to receive firearms related services, including the repair, maintenance, or modification of a firearm;
    (3) the person carries the handgun in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case;

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    Mine was submitted aug 16th the mail way and still haven't received it. Not sure why they can process l1 in 5 days and not just have them scan the prints in or post on the we'd application the current wait times because I would have done the l1 way.

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    It's in the Indiana code, which I can't quote at the moment because I am on my phone. The law was changed in the last couple of years, doing away with the target license and allowing all citizens who can legally possess a gun to transport it inside a case, unloaded, and separate from the ammunition.

Edit:

As I thought I had read...but, hearing other stories naturally makes you more cautious of actions, so I thank you for clearing that confusion.

:rockwoot:

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    i got my LTCH approved about 8 days ago, and the lady at the sheriffs department said it would take about 10-12 business days to receive it in the mail. So hopefully I will be receiving it soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom