• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Should I call or go down to the sherrifs office personally? When I applied I had the pleasure of dealing with a grumpy old man who I guess didn't like me because I'm young?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Finally received the little pink slip of paper on Friday. Here are the details:
    Applied 1/28/2013 L1 paid CC online.
    Fishers PD same day paid by check. Check cashed 1/31/2013.
    Contact with Fisher PD who contacted the ISP for me and ISP indicated that the FBI was looking into my background (Bad boy pile).
    23.5 weeks later I guess I am a good boy now.
    Issued 7/10/2013 and received 7/12/2013.

Carried the new Springfield XDs 9MM (Bi-tone) all weekend. Just glad to know that I have it if it is needed.

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting. Long process, but feels great once it is in your hands.

BTW, laminated and three copies for $2.27 at Staples on 96th Street in Fishers.

:thumbsup:

BTW, I carry an XDs 40 also. I keep an XD40 in the truck in a holster mounted under the dash. Love me some Springfield. I had a Glock and an H & K. Prefer the Springfield over both. :hijack:

Last edited:

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    dang the wait is still 6 months. this means I wont be able to carry till January if I get my premit next week

It all depends. I was tossed into the bad boy pile for some strange reason (clean record, except for a name change in 1991) and I was two days shy of six months. However, my wife applied for hers mid-February and she received hers in 14 weeks, which is what they told her. Keep you r fingers crossed.

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    How do you all know you were placed in the "bad boy pile"? I see several who are stating as such but have a clean record. There seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to how they process applications.

I am at the 14 week waiting mark. Clean record, previous LTCH that expired but was not renewed. Still waiting. However, several friends applied several weeks after me and have already received theirs. All were L1 electronic submissions.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    How do you all know you were placed in the "bad boy pile"? I see several who are stating as such but have a clean record. There seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to how they process applications.

I am at the 14 week waiting mark. Clean record, previous LTCH that expired but was not renewed. Still waiting. However, several friends applied several weeks after me and have already received theirs. All were L1 electronic submissions.

You are right. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the process. All I know is, if your prints pop up on their radar for ANY reason, you get derailed. If you were printed for a security clearance, you're marked.

The sargeant I traded some emails with told me he understood that I may or may not have a criminal record, but they have to investigate why I was in their system. (NCIC I assume).

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    You are right. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the process. All I know is, if your prints pop up on their radar for ANY reason, you get derailed. If you were printed for a security clearance, you're marked.

The sargeant I traded some emails with told me he understood that I may or may not have a criminal record, but they have to investigate why I was in their system. (NCIC I assume).

Interesting. So your saying if you have been printed (for security reasons), and other than previous LTCH applications, you automatically get thrown into the "wait longer" pile? Maybe that's why mine is taking longer. I hold BATF explosives permit clearance (professional fireworks). However, that particular item from the BATF did not require fingerprinting, only a background check.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville

Interesting. So your saying if you have been printed (for security reasons), and other than previous LTCH applications, you automatically get thrown into the "wait longer" pile? Maybe that's why mine is taking longer. I hold BATF explosives permit clearance (professional fireworks). However, that particular item from the BATF did not require fingerprinting, only a background check.

Thursday will be my 14th week. So since I've had a security clearance since 2003 and have gone through 3 background investigations for various reasons that are way more in-depth and critical than what ISP is going to look into, I have to go into the longer wait pile just because my prints are in the system. That makes no since at all what-so-ever, why don't they just look in that same system and see what type of clearance I have and go off of that.

You guys that bash Texas and their gun laws, you can say all you want but they have an online tracking system where you can see exactly where you're application is at and what stage of the process it's in. If Indiana had something like that I bet it would put a lot of people at ease and not have some many people contacting them about their application.

Hoss58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Allen County
    Sent in hard copy non L1 prints 2-6-13 member of bad citizen club sent postal
    Money order currently tracking to get
    cashed date any one have a idea of when
    I should start camping at the mail box

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom