• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Middletown
    I went to the local PD a week ago today and they got on the phone to ISP. Also emailed my state Sen. and he replied on Fri. I don't know which of those two got the ball rolling but one of them did.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    My wife and I mailed in our lifetime apps on 3/18, they were received by ISP 2 days later. Hadn't heard anything until today when my wife received her app in the mail with a letter. Our local PD failed to have her sign her fingerprint card. Now she has to re sign it and mail it in. No telling how long it will take now. I don't remember signing my card either, so now I guess I will be getting mine back sometime (hopefully soon). :( I just want to be done with this.

johnjw77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    It's HERE....It's HERE !!!

YEP....MY LTCH PERMIT has ARRIVED !
    :alright:

Final Stats are:

Filed my LTCH App online on 12-30-12
    Fingerprints done via L1 on 01-07-13
    ISP
    RECEIVED the app on 01-14-13

I have minor criminal history in the form of a single, non-violent, misdemeanor that happened over 23 years ago.

LTCH Permit Issued on 08-23-2013
    LTCH Permit Received
    on 08-28-2013

To keep with my tradition of listing alternative time increments, the final wait time would be ROUGHLY:

7 MONTHS + 15 DAYS, or,
    32 WEEKS + 3 DAYS, or,
    227 DAYS, or,
    5448 HOURS, or,
    326,880 MINUTES, or,
    19,612,800 SECONDS

You're Welcome!

I think that you're looking at it all with the correct attitude and I hope you are allowed to get yours based on the Misdemeanor Reduction.

If not, I think that you're going to be successful with getting your "Civil Rights Restoration".

I believe that's the actual "legal term" for the process you might need to go through to have the state restore your Rights such as Gun Ownership, LTCH Permit Eligibility and possibly other Rights such as maybe your Voting Rights even !

I also forgot to ask you currently have the Right to Vote or not (which would also help to determine if they're calling your situation a Felony Conviction or a Misdemeanor Conviction)

Good Luck :thumbsup:

First off congrats on finally recieving your LTCH!!

Also I registered to vote this year and had no issues. I've also gun hunted and checked in deer even at state reduction hunts so I'm guessing I'm not labeled a felon, as I shouldn't be considering there's no felony on my record. I guess it will be a waiting game and I will keep you posted. Thanks again for all the advice!!

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Well, I'll be dipped. 'Bout freakin time.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for hanging out with all of us who have had excessive wait times, Lectric ! :cheers:

Like I mentioned earlier, I've been waiting on that "Thumbs-Up" smilie from you.....ALL YEAR LONG ! Haha.

I think I'll hang around this thread for awhile, at least until some of the others who are in the same boat that I was in, get their Permits issued too !

IN THE MAIL TODAY!! Applied 2/19, paper prints, misdemeanor in 1986.
    I went to the local PD a week ago today and they got on the phone to ISP. Also emailed my state Sen. and he replied on Fri. I don't know which of those two got the ball rolling but one of them did.
    Congratulations ! :cheers: I'd almost bet that it was the fact that the ISP was contacted by BOTH...that helped you out !

Wow, maybe there is some hope. My wife applied in early February, has zero criminal history, and still has yet to receive it.

Sometimes, all it takes to get delayed is:

Making a mistake or omitting something on your application
    Having a common name, or, having a name that is similar to another person who has a criminal record
    Having your fingerprints previously on file (even if it wasn't for anything criminal)

Also, if you have any kind of an arrest , EVEN if it was dismissed, not filed, or deferred... It doesn't make any difference at all...you can, and most likely, will still be delayed considerably. (this was told to me from a Sgt at the ISP firearms division)

Same thing if you've got any kind of a Juvenile record.
    Sometimes you can slip by and not get delayed for this one, but other times it will delay you and it can even be grounds for denial if they consider it as "Non-Disclosure of a criminal Record" on your application. (usually you can simply drive to the ISP and deal with that issue and your App can move forward in the proceedings)

My wife and I mailed in our lifetime apps on 3/18, they were received by ISP 2 days later. Hadn't heard anything until today when my wife received her app in the mail with a letter. Our local PD failed to have her sign her fingerprint card. Now she has to re sign it and mail it in. No telling how long it will take now. I don't remember signing my card either, so now I guess I will be getting mine back sometime (hopefully soon). :( I just want to be done with this.

I wouldn't worry too much as long as you and your wife don't have any Criminal History to deal with.
    At the rate that the ISP is currently processing these apps, you could have yours back in a short week or two ! :thumbsup:

First off congrats on finally recieving your LTCH!!

Also I registered to vote this year and had no issues. I've also gun hunted and checked in deer even at state reduction hunts so I'm guessing I'm not labeled a felon, as I shouldn't be considering there's no felony on my record. I guess it will be a waiting game and I will keep you posted. Thanks again for all the advice!!

Thanks !!

That's some GREAT news... it looks like your Civil Rights have not been taken from you ! That's AWESOME ! :cheers:

Last edited:

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    It's HERE....It's HERE !!!

YEP....MY LTCH PERMIT has ARRIVED !
    :alright:

Final Stats are:

Filed my LTCH App online on 12-30-12
    Fingerprints done via L1 on 01-07-13
    ISP
    RECEIVED the app on 01-14-13

I have minor criminal history in the form of a single, non-violent, misdemeanor that happened over 23 years ago.

LTCH Permit Issued on 08-23-2013
    LTCH Permit Received
    on 08-28-2013

To keep with my tradition of listing alternative time increments, the final wait time would be ROUGHLY:

7 MONTHS + 15 DAYS, or,
    32 WEEKS + 3 DAYS, or,
    227 DAYS, or,
    5448 HOURS, or,
    326,880 MINUTES, or,
    19,612,800 SECONDS

Sweet! :rockwoot:

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood

I think your in for a reallllllllll wait. That cop should really no better, I would be pissed. Did the cops make you pay for postage?

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    I think your in for a reallllllllll wait. That cop should really no better, I would be pissed. Did the cops make you pay for postage?

Yes, we had to take everything to the Post Office and mail it ourselves. I am pretty angry. It's not like this was the 1st time the officer had people come in to apply for a license. But, everyone does make mistakes, it's just unfortunate that his mistake was with us. I'm getting real tired of waiting and really really want this to be all over.
    l

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom