0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Today I called the 233-5054 number
    And spoke to a lady who at least verified
    my app was received and in processing
    Since 7/5 bad boy club non l1 mailed
    2/6/13 at least now I know it was not lost

Glad to hear that. I did mine the day after you sent yours. Paid downtown in cash... so I would assume I'm next to you in the pile. :)

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    What is the current wait in Marion Co? Wifes carry gun will be here soon, range time, then when she and I are both comfortable she will apply. Just wondering what it is.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    What is the current wait in Marion Co? Wifes carry gun will be here soon, range time, then when she and I are both comfortable she will apply. Just wondering what it is.

Electronic prints and a clean record, could be as little as 2 weeks. Anything else, longer. Any criminal history, could be 6 months.

Fortunately for you, IMPD has been pretty quick to transmit to ISP.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    This is interesting. A few weeks ago it Stated dates up to 20 some weeks. This is straight from the indiana state police website:

Thank you for contacting the Indiana State Police Firearms Section. Please see the below information regarding your application for a handgun license.
    The ISP Firearms Licensing Section is currently experiencing a higher-than-normal volume of applications. Therefore, applicants should anticipate the following timelines:

For those using MorphoTrust (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--5 to 7 days from the date your money order was cashed.
    For those submitting paper fingerprint cards and applications--7 to 10 days from the date your money order was cashed.
    If you have any criminal history, your application process will take significantly longer while we verify the disposition of those criminal events. If you do not have a criminal history and our criminal history check indicates that you may have a criminal record, the process will take longer while the Firearms Section Staff verifies that the criminal history does not belong to you.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I still don't understand the 7 month wait. Do they send off certified letters to each county, and wait for a letter in return? I just can't fathom how and why it would take so long. In a world full of computers, verifying anything SHOULD be EASY.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Feb 6 and still
    #%@*# waiting

Today I called the 233-5054 number
    And spoke to a lady who at least verified
    my app was received and in processing
    Since 7/5 bad boy club non l1 mailed
    2/6/13 at least now I know it was not lost

WOW!
    If your app didn't go into Processing until 7/05/13, I wonder if that means that your COUNTY has likely been the holdup in one way or another?
    It sounds like your county either held onto your app from Feb 6th until 7/05...OR..your county didn't get your court records delivered to ISP until 7/05.

Or maybe your app was in the huge pile that mine was in and they just recently requested your criminal record info from your county?

Either way, Good luck and hopefully your app won't take much longer to process now, since it appears that they may have (or soon have) all the info they need to actually process your app !

Feb 19th and still waiting...

Feb. 19th also. Maybe by Christmas?

I still don't understand the 7 month wait. Do they send off certified letters to each county, and wait for a letter in return? I just can't fathom how and why it would take so long. In a world full of computers, verifying anything SHOULD be EASY.

Are you guys using the Date that you paid your local fees?

I'm just wondering because, if so, that isn't necessarily the date that your app processing starts from.

We've all found out that the clock starts from the date that the ISP actually receives your app and, even then, they still have to wait for your county to send them your criminal records.

SOME Counties have actually been known to sit on peoples apps for MONTHS and/or take MONTHS to give the ISP the criminal records info that is needed to process the applications.

Some Counties even make you come in and "meet" with the "Chief" or someone similar, before mailing out the app, while others send your app out very quickly

Most of these problems probably happen because your City or County Police Dept is supposed to do an "Initial Background" on the LTCH applicants and there is not a standard guideline or protocol that each county has to adhere to when doing this part of the process. (or at least there doesn't appear to be a standard guideline anyways)

I think that this part of the process definitely needs to be addressed and STANDARDIZED so that every City/County in Indiana does it exactly the same.

Standardization would help to improve the LTCH permit application process and allow it to flow from the City or County Police Departments to the State Firearms Division (ISP) in a much more efficient manner.

Anyways, after you find out the ACTUAL DATE that the ISP received your App, you then have the ACTUAL date that you can figure your wait time from.

Here are a few ways to go about trying to find out the actual date that the ISP received your app (these are the methods that have worked for most of the folks that I've talked to)

1. If you paid by Money order, we all know, that you just find out the date that the ISP cashed that money order and that will be the day (or 1-2 days after) the date that they actually received your app.

2. Keep calling the ISP phone numbers and when you finally talk to an actual person, tell them "I know that you're not allowed to give Status updates over the phone because of privacy laws, but I'm afraid that my APP was LOST in the mail and I need to know if you actually RECEIVED my app and what date that was?" (they will usually give this info out, if not, keep trying until you reach someone who will)

3. Keep emailing and tell them the same thing as what I mentioned above in #2 and hope for a miracle because emails haven't worked for most of us, for a long time now.

These are the 3 methods that most of the LTCH applicants that I've communicated with have used to find out the ACTUAL date that the ISP received their app.

Good Luck everyone...hopefully the ISP will live up to their word and be entirely caught up sometime in SEPTEMBER (that is the date that they projected in the past anyways)

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    Well i called the number spoke a young lady named Ingrid she confirmed that she recieved my application. So I'm happy. She was very nice and pleasant.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Finally I got some sort of answer.... They said mine went into processing in May, so it sounds like it shouldn't be much more than a month or two considering I sent it in Feb 6.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Y'all are not going to believe this!!!!! I wrote an email on Sunday to ISP with concerns that I did L1 on 1/8/13 and still have not recieved my LTCH. I explained that I bought 2 weapons this year with no problems and I hold an Alabama permit. I also informed him that I wrote two prior emails with no responce. Someone called me today and informed me my LTCH was issued today and I will have it in the mail with in a few days.

There was no explanation on the hold up other then I have been arrested for FISHING and they had to wait for the arresting county to send them some information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom