• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I agree that it is good that someone is trying to move the bar back to where it belongs: Not to automatically believe the accuser.

However, I don't think this guy is the poster child for honorable, non-creepy behavior.

At least I won't have to see him posing alongside Sally Siegrist and Pat Harrington in the press conference for any Rape by Deception statute next session.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    There's a kind fellow on this very forum who is a huge proponent of "shut your damn mouth". When talking to police. Does that also count for stuff like this?

The AGs press conference didn't seem to makeany people Happy

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    There's a kind fellow on this very forum who is a huge proponent of "shut your damn mouth". When talking to police. Does that also count for stuff like this?

The AGs press conference didn't seem to makeany people Happy

I think Indiana State Rep. Ryan Dvorak summed it nicely in a tweet:

The Attorney General calls a press conference to cry about not being able to tell his side of the story - then immediately refuses to tell his side of the story.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Terry Curry is going to make a statement about what he's going to do about this.

My prediction: an investigation of the allegations and the process that led to the state government authorities to call for his resignation.

My other prediction: Terry Curry will emerge as the Dem's next gubernatorial candidate. Which is really kinda crazy if you know much about him. And, if it isn't him, it'll be someone with the last name Delaney. Pick any of them. (Ann is actually VERY sharp IMHO.)

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Terry Curry is going to make a statement about what he's going to do about this.

My prediction: an investigation of the allegations and the process that led to the state government authorities to call for his resignation.

My other prediction: Terry Curry will emerge as the Dem's next gubernatorial candidate. Which is really kinda crazy if you know much about him. And, if it isn't him, it'll be someone with the last name Delaney. Pick any of them. (Ann is actually VERY sharp IMHO.)

I suspect your predictions about TC investigating is spot on, and that seems, IMHO, a reasonable and likely course of action.

I've not had the pleasure of working with Ms. Delaney; Ed has always been a pleasant and easy to get along with person in his role as a State Representative.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Looks like a special prosecutor investigation.

Hmmm... Stan Levco maybe? :D Blast from the past...

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Looks like a special prosecutor investigation.

Hmmm... Stan Levco maybe? :D Blast from the past...

He seems to get the "interesting" cases. Based on Curry's reasoning, it would have to be a retired prosecutor to avoid conflict. That's a long drive from Evansville, if it is Stan! ;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I know, from actual, literal personal experience, that Stan does not mind a long car ride if he's interested in a case. :)

If it isn't Stan, then Stan could stand in as the right outline for who TC would want: democrat, from a Republican area, with expertise handling big cases, and the corresponding... confidence. ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since people down in Indy might not be sufficiently independent, maybe he can get Vicki Becker (Elkhart Prosecutor) to head up the investigation... being a strong woman and all...

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I know, from actual, literal personal experience, that Stan does not mind a long car ride if he's interested in a case. :)

If it isn't Stan, then Stan could stand in as the right outline for who TC would want: democrat, from a Republican area, with expertise handling big cases, and the corresponding... confidence. ;)
    Stan is currently running a campaign to re-become elected prosecutor. That poses a couple of difficulties in him taking the case.

I really like Stan, he is a really funny guy and straight shooter. I recently got to talk to him about the "Blue House" case, it was fascinating.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Since people down in Indy might not be sufficiently independent, maybe he can get Vicki Becker (Elkhart Prosecutor) to head up the investigation... being a strong woman and all...

Uh.... isn't Hill from Elkhart? :D

I doubt it'll be a northern Indiana person. And, I don't think it could be a currently active prosecutor (as MarkC alluded to), because the AG represents the state in criminal appeals - and usually in litigation (although that isn't always strictly true).

It almost has to be a retired one, and a democrat, but not one that's perceived as too partisan.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Stan is currently running a campaign to re-become elected prosecutor. That poses a couple of difficulties in him taking the case.

I really like Stan, he is a really funny guy and straight shooter. I recently got to talk to him about the "Blue House" case, it was fascinating.

Holy Carp! I had no idea he was running again! Wow, I kinda figured he was already taking his PARF pension.... :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Uh.... isn't Hill from Elkhart? :D

I doubt it'll be a northern Indiana person. And, I don't think it could be a currently active prosecutor (as MarkC alluded to), because the AG represents the state in criminal appeals - and usually in litigation (although that isn't always strictly true).

It almost has to be a retired one, and a democrat, but not one that's perceived as too partisan.
    It was tongue in cheek, she was his protege and hand chosen successor.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It was tongue in cheek, she was his protege and hand chosen successor.

Ah... right. Sorry. :) I shoulda picked up on that. :)

Politically, though, the Indiana Republican Party isn't lucky enough for something like that to happen!

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

If Stan's not available, maybe Barry Brown? I don't recall what party he was, but considering he was elected in the Peoples Republic of Bloomington, I would think D.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Isn't the solution to appoint Kirk Freeman as Special Prosecutor?

Anticipatory Indianapolis Star headlines:

"Why does Special Prosecutor Freeman need 13, 174 firearms for his staff of 6?"

"Special Prosecutor Freeman moves office to St. Joseph Brewing"

"Special Prosecutor Freeman takes 'Fact Finding' trips to Argentina and Namibia game preserves"

Yeah . . . come to think about it . . . let's NOT appoint me.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, what happens when an AG gets charged with B mis "rude or insolent" touching?

That's gonna be where this nets out, I think.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My guess would be NG at jury trial, unless someone DESTROYS jury selection. Proving intentional rudeness BRD in a late night bar setting is a good time for all.

Yeah, but that would be a huge circus of a misdemeanor trial. Which might be part of the goal at that point.

Top Bottom