• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, I bought some snap-caps and got busy with my Phantom tonight... I can feel the trigger improving steadily. Now that I understand the decocker and the action, SA every shot is a revelation considering the Glock/S&W revolver world I've been living in. :D

Unit308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    "You can buy factory CZ magazines or Mec Gar made..."
    Thank you ever so much for providing the links. You saved me good amount of time had I taken the effort to research that myself.
    I tend to feel as other CZ owners do in that I am very impressed with the accuracy of my CZ.
    For what it is worth, I had never heard of nor intended to ever purchase a CZ but came across this P-01 when a fellow LEO offered it, NIB, to me at a very reasonable price. He sold it, unfired, because he preferred a .40 cal or larger.
    I have not let this P-01 go unfired <grin> and have been very pleased and surprised at how accurate this CZ is. This P-01 easily groups far better than any of the Glocks that I have experience with and I would go so far as to bet that it will also group far better than other makes, including Sigs, Colts, and Smith and Wesson's.
    In regards to the Mec Gar magazines, I once read that, true or not, that Mec Gar manufactures the CZ mags.

Again, thank you ever so much for the time you expended to provide these links.
    If I can ever return the favor, I will.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I love my CZ-75B. I've been carrying it every day, all day, since I received my LTCH 3 weeks ago.

Shoots well, very accurate (moreso than the operator in this case), and IMO looks nice too.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    "You can buy factory CZ magazines or Mec Gar made..."
    Thank you ever so much for providing the links. You saved me good amount of time had I taken the effort to research that myself.
    I tend to feel as other CZ owners do in that I am very impressed with the accuracy of my CZ.
    For what it is worth, I had never heard of nor intended to ever purchase a CZ but came across this P-01 when a fellow LEO offered it, NIB, to me at a very reasonable price. He sold it, unfired, because he preferred a .40 cal or larger.
    I have not let this P-01 go unfired <grin> and have been very pleased and surprised at how accurate this CZ is. This P-01 easily groups far better than any of the Glocks that I have experience with and I would go so far as to bet that it will also group far better than other makes, including Sigs, Colts, and Smith and Wesson's.
    In regards to the Mec Gar magazines, I once read that, true or not, that Mec Gar manufactures the CZ mags.

Again, thank you ever so much for the time you expended to provide these links.
    If I can ever return the favor, I will.

My model 97 .45, said Mec Gar on the mahazines.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I once read that, true or not, that Mec Gar manufactures the CZ mags.

I have read the same information, I just didn't mention it because I don't even want a small chance of misleading someone. :D

I personally, don't see the reason for the price difference between the two different brands, however, I do like the rubber base plates that come on some of the CZ factory P-01 magazines (but the rubber base plates aren't always sold with it, so watch out for that if you care about it).

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I shot it tonight--really liked the Phantom. Not a single issue in about 100 rounds. I'm already thinking I need fiber optic sights. I might send it to the CZ custom shop for the sights, a trigger job, and any other internal upgrades they care to do. This gun is a keeper!

Unit308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    "My only complaint is the semi-gritty trigger pull found on the pistols"
    I found that a Dremel tool and a tiny bit of Jeweler's rouge works wonders.
    The first thing that I did was to polish the feed ramp on the P-01. Not that it was necessary, but I make it a practice to do this with all of my new semi autos since I most often use my own cast bullets.
    The Dremel and a very tiny bit of rouge applied around the pivot points in the trigger system smoothed things out quite nicely.

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    I like what research has uncoverd about the more recent variants... Just thinking about something fun for the range, bowling pins, steel target--basically informal competition and target. Anybody out there shooting one? 9mm or .40 S&W? How about the Phantom (polymer) model? Manual safety vs. decocker?

Any and all input much appreciated :)

I havent ever shot a CZ 75 SP01 Phantom so i dont know about that, but the natural feel of the gun in your hand is amazing. My buddy has one and loves it.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I placed a Phantom on 24 hour hold today at local gun shop. I'm trying to decide if I really want to spend $585 on another pistol. I just feels so great in my hands though.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I've fallen in love with my CZ 75b Compact.

CZ75Compact2.jpg

This gun rocks.

I like it so much I just ordered a CZ 85 Combat.

It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but stuck in the snow somewhere ...

Hurry up delivery truck ...

:cool:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've been using a CZ-75 for self defense for over 10 years, W H Y ??? (1) It fits my hand like a glove (2) Doesn't JAM (3) It's ACCURATE (4) 15+1 of 9MM, plenty of ammo + I have a spare 15 round mag with me (5) I keep it in the glove box of my truck, If it gets stolen, I bought it real cheap

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    I would love to get one, but the trigger reach is so long. I have read a lot of good reviews. The only negative was that they have gritty triggers.

Scott

BJMANIS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Muncie
    The tiny punch mark is a proof mark, i have forgotten why they do it only mayby it means that the thing has passed all their inspections.

When cz was behind the curtain. (iron) they being owned by the state and the state operated on stolen patterns and prints. Lay a P07 beside a Sig250....almost twin sons by different mothers.

Top Bottom