• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    According to the article I linked above, the Czech Police experienced discharges when dropping it from heights of less than one meter.
    I don’t understand from their description what is happening? Is it impacting and breaking the hammer detent so it goes forward? It said something about the slide going back as well and that somehow detonating the primer.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'm not an expert on the CZ82, nor do I own one so I can't really say for sure. However, it seems that if it is dropped in a manner that results in a direct impact on the hammer, it can discharge. My understanding of the quoted thread is that when dropped in this manner, the hammer is able to move forward slightly, and the slide retracts under inertia, pulling the round to the rear against the breech face by means of the extractor. There is then enough forward travel of the firing pin to discharge the round in some cases. The guy in the gunboards thread did say that his gunsmith was able to replicate the issue both with his gun (the one that was dropped resulting in an AD), and a second CZ82. Again, I'm not an expert on this gun and have no personal experience with it, so I can't speak with authority to the specific details...just cautioning that there are documented issues with it being able to discharge if dropped on the hammer.

I do understand some Czech, but it's been 20 years since I lived there, so it's gotten a bit rusty and I'm not sure I'm up to the task of translating a technical article at this point, but I could get the basics. I was able to find a link to the magazine quoted in the linked thread. Unfortunately it's behind a paywall so I can't get the full text of the article, but here's a link to the table of contents for the magazine containing the article referenced. It's listed as being on page 45: https://www.streleckarevue.cz/obsah-cisla-6-2012/

Ultimately, I'm not trying to knock the CZ82. Personally, I'd love to own one, or better yet a CZ83 in 7.65, since I have this unexplainable attradtion to the .32. But I wouldnt carry one, nor would I recommend to someone else that they should either. There's a documented safety concern, and I believe that information should be openly shared so that people are aware before making the choice about carrying the gun.

Top Bottom