• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    These are the compact (15 rounds or less standard capacity) 75 series offerings:
    CZ 75 compact
    CZ75 P-01
    CZ75 PCR
    CZ75 Rami (smaller than the others)

The P-07/P-09 is CZ's only polymer hammer fired offering. It's not a "true" CZ75. The ones listed above are metal framed, hammer fired, drop safe, have readily available and affordable magazines (maybe not the rami) and are available in 9mm. 99% chance they'll make your hips stir
    Back to the CZ 82, I think the appeal is the hammer fired historical gun. Call me hipster, but it makes my hips stir. What about a 75 variant? I’ve never gotten a chance to shoot one so I couldn’t “pull the trigger” pun very intended.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The more I look at the P10 the more I think it wouldn’t be half bad as a foundation to understand the motions. But at that price I could have A Glock Carrying case with the cold steel inside.
    20210713_110818.jpg

This is the P10F 19+1 it fits my hands well. It comes OR. IIRC the plates are around $40 each. It's a good shooter out of the box.
    I added a the trigger, and DIY rubber grip. I bought it at my lgs for IIRC $490 out the door pre covid.

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    I carried a CZ 82 for awhile. For me, it was just easy to shoot well. Seemed to point very naturally. And at 12+1 rounds, I didn't feel under-gunned, capacity-wise. 9x18 is pretty easily found these days and is usually cheaper than .380. Hornady makes a good self defense round as well.
    With ammo availability, it looks like this might be more of a show and tell than a “I’m gonna send 1,000 rounds down range this weekend” gun

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    View attachment 196673

This is the P10F 19+1 it fits my hands well. It comes OR. IIRC the plates are around $40 each. It's a good shooter out of the box.
    I added a the trigger, and DIY rubber grip. I bought it at my lgs for IIRC $490 out the door pre covid.
    That example of a P10F is what I think I needed to see. I’m not sure when I’ll make it to the Shop but I need to put one in my hands soon to feel what it’s like.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    With ammo availability, it looks like this might be more of a show and tell than a “I’m gonna send 1,000 rounds down range this weekend” gun
    Nothing wrong with that. I'll agree that there are better carry options, but I do like the CZ 82. I also have a CZ 83, but unlike the more common .380, it's chambered in .32 acp.. They're just fun guns to shoot.

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    I’m torn between hammer fired and striker fired. That might be an internal conflict, but I’m open to stories or opinions!

Hammer fired feels classy and controlled. Classic, like house shoes when grabbing the mail.

But the polymer primer pummeling striker fired pistols are light, sometimes lighter on the wallet too.

These are the compact (15 rounds or less standard capacity) 75 series offerings:
    CZ 75 compact
    CZ75 P-01
    CZ75 PCR
    CZ75 Rami (smaller than the others)

The P-07/P-09 is CZ's only polymer hammer fired offering. It's not a "true" CZ75. The ones listed above are metal framed, hammer fired, drop safe, have readily available and affordable magazines (maybe not the rami) and are available in 9mm. 99% chance they'll make your hips stir

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Striker guns are simpler mechanically and easier to shoot well.
    Hammer guns are cooler and have some safety advantages. Notably you can "thumb the hammer" when reholstering which makes it nearly impossible to have a negligent discharge. And that longer heavier first pull gives some people peace of mind in that you really have to "commit" to pressing the trigger.

That doesn't mean striker guns are unsafe though. Obviously a large majority are carrying striker guns. The core rules of gun safety and responsible gun handling are infinitely more important than thumbing the hammer or a long heavy trigger

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    Striker guns are simpler mechanically and easier to shoot well.
    Hammer guns are cooler and have some safety advantages…
    I’m leaning toward striker fired for simplicity for those in my house. We can all train on the same platform and if I do choose I can branch away.

I think for our needs at this time a striker fired CZ P10 variant or a Glock. Really whichever falls into my sweet spot with price and feel.

I know that the Glock sits well enough in my hands. At least the 17 and 21, but until I get to feel up a P10 family behind the glass, I don’t think I can choose.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    As others have mentioned, while the 82/83 are fantastic guns, there are numerous far better guns to EDC. (they're heavy for the size, underpowered (.32, .380, 9x18), mediocre capacity for the size, and as mentioned, not drop-safe.

The 75 is not just a "variant" it's a totally different gun. LOTS of variations on the 75 though. The compact/PCR/P01 is about the perfect size to carry and fits larger mags with spacers. I'd HIGHLY suggest checking out the various models available in the CZ75 line (and look past the crappy polycoat finish lol, fantastic guns underneath that)

OK you could have the Glock for XX dollars vs the CZ... but then you'd have a Glock :poop:

Strikers and SAO are usually mechanically simpler (there are exceptions). They work the same every time and they usually work. One thing to train around and that's all it does. I don't deny that.

Not only can you hold the hammer with your thumb on a hammer fired gun (up or down) but if you carry it hammer down, there's no potential energy in the system to set off a round. With a cocked hammer or striker, if multiple mechanical parts fail you could have a discharge. I don't know of any cases it's happened but still like it better.

An automatic transmission in your car also does everything for you and you don't have to think about anything. I prefer manual in everything to go with my DA/SA guns. Life's about choices, be thankful you live in America at a time like this where you have so many options!

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    As others have mentioned, while the 82/83 are fantastic guns, there are numerous far better guns to EDC. (they're heavy for the size, underpowered (.32, .380, 9x18), mediocre capacity for the size, and as mentioned, not drop-safe.

The 75 is not just a "variant" it's a totally different gun. LOTS of variations on the 75 though.
    The compact/PCR/P01 is about the perfect size to carry and fits larger mags with spacers.

I carry a P01 with full size +1 mags for 19+1 and use a 14 when I need to cover it better. I like the DA/SA safety options and 2nd strike capability, I do most of my dry fire DA to be used to it, SA is easy then.

Strikers and SAO are usually mechanically simpler (there are exceptions). They work the same every time and they usually work. One thing to train around and that's all it does. I don't deny that.

Not only can you hold the hammer with your thumb on a hammer fired gun (up or down) but if you carry it hammer down, there's no potential energy in the system. With a cocked hammer or striker, if multiple mechanical parts fail you could have a discharge. I don't know of any cases it's happened but still like it better.

An automatic transmission in your car also does everything for you and you don't have to think about anything. I prefer manual in everything to go with my DA/SA guns. Life's about choices, be thankful you live in America at a time like this where you have so many choices!
    Absolutely drowning in choices and I’ve at least narrowed it down to the two companies.

The P01 is the 75 variant I would have the most interest in, with the decocker and all the other features it encompasses. Although my firearms journey is also my girlfriends firearms journey. I’d like her to also be comfortable and capable of operating either system.

Striker Fired, especially one in the head, seems as simple as Point Shoot Repeat

As well as the Double Action to SA, but I think less moving parts is better.

I can always just buy them all right?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Absolutely drowning in choices and I’ve at least narrowed it down to the two companies.

The P01 is the 75 variant I would have the most interest in, with the decocker and all the other features it encompasses. Although my firearms journey is also my girlfriends firearms journey. I’d like her to also be comfortable and capable of operating either system.

Striker Fired, especially one in the head, seems as simple as Point Shoot Repeat

As well as the Double Action to SA, but I think less moving parts is better.

I can always just buy them all right?
    My wife will tell you that's my solution!

A Cajunized decocker P01 with a TLR7 is my EDC, I love it. Other benefit of most of the CZs is you can get a kadet kit for it to shoot .22 but they're hard to find and run as much as another gun sometimes. Fantastic trigger out of the box that can be made even better.

The transition DA to SA is a real thing but just plan on all your dry fire being DA and you'll be golden. Draw=DA, everything else is SA. It's really not as hard as the naysayers make it out to be... at least for me.

"PING" is a whole nother ball game. Garand's are glorious.

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    My wife will tell you that's my solution!

A Cajunized decocker P01 with a TLR7 is my EDC, I love it. Other benefit of most of the CZs is you can get a kadet kit for it to shoot .22 but they're hard to find and run as much as another gun sometimes. Fantastic trigger out of the box that can be made even better.

The transition DA to SA is a real thing but just plan on all your dry fire being DA and you'll be golden. Draw=DA, everything else is SA. It's really not as hard as the naysayers make it out to be... at least for me.

"PING" is a whole nother ball game. Garand's are glorious.
    I’m excited. Here in Terre Haute we have a gun range that lets you rent some guns. The variety is pretty vast, including all used guns. I’m making it a mission to get behind a P01 and a P10

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have a bunch of CZ 82 pistols and they are great fun and very accurate. The barrel is solid to the frame which helps. They use polygonal rifling and there are some quality ammo choices from Underwood, Buffalo Bore and Hornady. The price of ammo is the biggest issue with these. I am glad I have a lot of ammo for these from back when it was cheap.

If you like the CZ 75, take a look at the SAR B6P or SAR 2000. They are quality, all-steel clones, except the rails are full length and the slide rides inside them.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    I have CZ82 (several of them) as my HD gun, as both me and Mrs are comfortable with it.

Ammo price — when ammo went crazy in 2020, and 9mm Luger went up to $1per, 9x18 was still $0.30per, and stayed that way. I bought cheap and stacked it deep.
    Ammo is widely available, check the AmmoSeek.
    As mentioned, Hornady makes good self-defense round.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have CZ82 (several of them) as my HD gun, as both me and Mrs are comfortable with it.

Ammo price — when ammo went crazy in 2020, and 9mm Luger went up to $1per, 9x18 was still $0.30per, and stayed that way. I bought cheap and stacked it deep.
    Ammo is widely available, check the AmmoSeek.
    As mentioned, Hornady makes good self-defense round.
    The trouble is now 9x18 is frequently about twice as much as 9x19.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I’m excited. Here in Terre Haute we have a gun range that lets you rent some guns. The variety is pretty vast, including all used guns. I’m making it a mission to get behind a P01 and a P10

If you are going to go the polymer striker fired route I would encourage you to check out the following firearms too

Sig P320 (the ability to customize these surpasses Glock IMHO)

Walther PDP (best striker fired trigger out of the box period)

Top Bottom