• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    Yep, you are right: $0.40per for steel case, $0.54 for brass.
    The CZ eats the steels just as fast and easy as the brass? I’m always hesitant about getting steel case.
    I have CZ82 (several of them) as my HD gun, as both me and Mrs are comfortable with it.

Ammo price — when ammo went crazy in 2020, and 9mm Luger went up to $1per, 9x18 was still $0.30per, and stayed that way. I bought cheap and stacked it deep.
    Ammo is widely available, check the AmmoSeek.
    As mentioned, Hornady makes good self-defense round.
    I think the size, looks, and capacity made it a perfect choice for introducing the mrs to handguns that aren’t polymer blocks.. I MEAN Glock-eske weapons.

I’m writing down in my notebook all these websites for ammos.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I can’t argue with anything about that model. It’s literally just a quarter inch longer than a 19. The Glock beats it in capacity but you can always fix that.
    The CZ 75 PCR I carry is almost the same size as a G19, has 15+1 but the 17 & 19 round mags from full size CZ 75s will work as well (but stick out a bit).

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    The CZ 75 PCR I carry is almost the same size as a G19, has 15+1 but the 17 & 19 round mags from full size CZ 75s will work as well (but stick out a bit).
    I have all of these in favorites folder to remember. Great suggestions all round. Looking to get my hands on as many of these as possible!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The more I look at the P10 the more I think it wouldn’t be half bad as a foundation to understand the motions. But at that price I could have A Glock Carrying case with the cold steel inside.
    Get the CZ. It is a much better gun iMHO.
    Others may and will disagree but I know many members that have multiple P10s.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've kind of gone through a progression where I explored mostly striker fired, no manual safety guns, then I explored hammer fired DA/SA manual safety guns (cocked and locked), and now I'm at DA/SA decocker guns. Once you're familiar with different systems, it's nice to have different carry condition options. Actually, I've been lucky enough to go to a few INGO meetups and other events, and those are great experiencing different guns.

I think there is a lot to be said for condition/carry style, and there is also a lot to be said for how a gun fits your hand when you pick it up. Both aren't everything, but in my experience they are strong indications of how I will feel about and use a gun.

There are an awful lot of guns that I enjoy and respect (Glocks, Berettas, Sigs), but I keep coming back to M&Ps and CZ 75s. Whatever it is about ergonomics, recoil impulse, whatever, those guns tend to just work for me. There's definitely some joy in finding what works for you, and you'll know it when you find it.

I still rock the M&P 9c (1.0), though today I'd probably go with the 2.0 M&P 9 Compact (larger capacity for marginally larger grip). I also recently acquired the CZ P-01, and I would say the P-01 or PCR are both just sublime imho (with the caveat that you'll probably want to upgrade them). P-07, P10c are also contenders for sure...just depends on preference (carry condition, size, ergonomics).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I’ll preface this by saying, I don’t carry yet, but I plan on carrying something semi. I enjoy CZ products (at least the new ones) so I think an older model would suit my needs well.

A pawn shop in my area has 2 CZ 82 for sale at a very reasonable price. I’m kicking around the idea but I’m not sure if 9x18 is even practical or available. Anyone have thoughts? Should I just get a Glock? Thank you all in advance!!

Safe steel and plentiful rounds,
    REK
    I do not know what prices are like on these now days, but the milsurp CZ82 used to be inexpensive.... and rock solid. I have a few of them. Likewise, I do not know what the price of Mak ammo is like now, but I picked up a ton of it when it was cheap. Hornady makes some great SD rounds for it. Stuff runs like a top...picked up a bunch of that when it was cheap.

Have a couple that have had some trigger work done...they run great.

They usually serve duty as a truck gun, though do fall into the carry role from time to time. It's about like carrying a Bersa 380 but with more rounds and more punch. It has its role, but EDC usually goes to a 1911 or a CZ 75....a pocket 380 when certain situation require it.

I do like the CZ 82 though!

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    I do not know what prices are like on these now days, but the milsurp CZ82 used to be inexpensive.... and rock solid. I have a few of them. Likewise, I do not know what the price of Mak ammo is like now, but I picked up a ton of it when it was cheap. Hornady makes some great SD rounds for it. Stuff runs like a top...picked up a bunch of that when it was cheap.

Have a couple that have had some trigger work done...they run great.

They usually serve duty as a truck gun, though do fall into the carry role from time to time. It's about like carrying a Bersa 380 but with more rounds and more punch. It has its role, but EDC usually goes to a 1911 or a CZ 75....a pocket 380 when certain situation require it.

I do like the CZ 82 though!
    In my area I’m finding them around $350-$450 depending on condition/included accessories

ParkerBoy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    50 Lakes
    Currently, finding personal defense loads for the 9X18 is next to impossible, at least for me. I have a Makarov, CZ82, and a Polish P64 in 9X18, and they all shoot very well for me. The P64 is the most accurate for me and I would use it as my EDC, if I could get the PD ammo.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not only is the cartridge impractical and difficult to source, but the CZ-82 is not drop safe. It lacks modern internal safeties and can discharge if subject to sudden shock...like being dropped on the ground. They're cool guns and it would make an interesting range toy, but it's not something I would buy with the intent to use as a carry gun. There are much better options out there.
    That's not true - the CZ82 is drop-safe. Perhaps you're thinking of the Polish P64.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Currently, finding personal defense loads for the 9X18 is next to impossible, at least for me. I have a Makarov, CZ82, and a Polish P64 in 9X18, and they all shoot very well for me. The P64 is the most accurate for me and I would use it as my EDC, if I could get the PD ammo.
    I have a P64 - too snappy, and definitely not drop safe (There's photos floating around on the internet).

The CZ82 is pretty accurate, a double stack, and 9x18 is better than .380, but there are now better options because of newer sub compact pistols, and the rising cost of milsurp guns and ammo.

If you can swing it, the P07 is a fantastic hammer fired gun with a brand name that's not a swear word.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    I have seen 2 or 3 people saying the CZ82 isn’t drop safe, I’m not sure why though. The only way I could see them saying that is because it doesn’t have a physical firing pin block, but outside of that it’s very safe. It has a firing pin spring, when not cocked it has a hammer block/half cock position so it can’t go forward and hit the firing pin if dropped.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have seen 2 or 3 people saying the CZ82 isn’t drop safe, I’m not sure why though. The only way I could see them saying that is because it doesn’t have a physical firing pin block, but outside of that it’s very safe. It has a firing pin spring, when not cocked it has a hammer block/half cock position so it can’t go forward and hit the firing pin if dropped.
    Maybe they drop it from airplanes or something.

Top Bottom