• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hello good INGO people. I'm pretty new to Gun shops here in town (Indianapolis). I'm looking to order a CZ SP01 and I'm hoping someone can point me in a good direction. So far I have visited three local shops (wont name names) and all three treated me like the invisible man. I don't know, I am a clean cut white dude in my 30s. On any regular day I probably look like i might have a few dollars to spend but no one bothered to ask so... here I am.

I'm not opposed to buying online either. I just prefer to support the local guy that actually wants to make a dollar and a customer.

So who in town carries CZ and actually wants my money? Thanks all!:ingo:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm looking to order a CZ SP01 and I'm hoping someone can point me in a good direction.

We have P01s on back order, but no way of knowing when they might show up. That being the case, we are not taking deposits on them. I think you'll find most shops in the area are in the same boat.

Please feel free to check in with us as often as you like, and if we have something in-stock or know it's coming, we'd be happy to hold it for you until you can come in.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    We have P01s on back order, but no way of knowing when they might show up. That being the case, we are not taking deposits on them. I think you'll find most shops in the area are in the same boat.

Please feel free to check in with us as often as you like, and if we have something in-stock or know it's coming, we'd be happy to hold it for you until you can come in.

No wonder Bradis is a favorite :yesway:

I called Midwest Gun and Range (and I am a regular there) one time to see if they had that used P290 in the case still. It was... but when I showed up, it was sold :(

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I'm pretty sure Big Daddy's had one in stock last week if I remember correctly. They are located in Hagerstown, IN. I just bought a brand new CZ75 BD POLICE from Black Bore in Richmond....it's awesome.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You should man handle the Sarsilmaz K2 at bradis (if it's still there).

Much like the CZ97, it has: slide in frame like a CZ, beaver-tail like a CZ, safety lever like a CZ - pretty much a Turkish pistol heavily influnced by the Czechs. + 4 more rounds capacity & takes Para Ord 14 round mags. Turks make great stuff from what I've shot and taken apart.

If not for the CZ97b that I love so much, I'd have gotten the K2 in a heart beat - still might someday. It's also less mullah.

Only negative is that I've NEVER heard one positive experience of people dealing with the importer (EAA).

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Much like the CZ97, it has: slide in frame like a CZ, beaver-tail like a CZ, safety lever like a CZ - pretty much a Turkish pistol heavily influnced by the Czechs. .

The K2 grip feels much better in the hand than the CZ97, IMO, and the trigger is nicer. :eek:

I did not know it took Para mags; just learned my something new for today! :yesway:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The K2 grip feels much better in the hand than the CZ97, IMO, and the trigger is nicer. :eek:

I did not know it took Para mags; just learned my something new for today! :yesway:

What finish is the K2 that you have there? Is it still there?

I should've stated that I've only read that Para 14 round mags work. I'd seek a direct confirmation from the distributor or somewhere else before getting a bunch of mags that may or may not work.

It's not a very well known pistol here in the states, and from what little info I find makes it very tempting to me. Payday is tomorrow, after all. Uh oh, it's starting to happen again...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like this Tri Star (CZ clone) made by Canik 55. I've also got a Canik 55 Stingray-C on order but don't know when it will be in. The Turkish guns I've seen, I like! :yesway:

IMG_1951_zps92289221.jpg

IMG_1953_zps90743bf1.jpg

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Try KS&E and see if they'll order one for you. I've noticed they've only carried cheaper guns and guns that move quick recently. A CZ is probably too much money to have on the shelf for who knows how long.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    From all reports, including a notable CZ gunsmith from Louisiana, the Turkish CZ clones are of very high quality and are well worth the money. Particularly now that the originals are so popular and difficult to find. Some people have even said that the quality exceeds the original. That is subjective, IMO, but I guess there are a lot of fans out there.

Top Bottom